Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

After a weary travel

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

After a weary travel Empty
PostSubject: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-19, 15:24

It had been a hard ride, even for one as used to horse riding as he was.
He had been careful, cautious was his middle name. Well, technically it wasn't, but that would remain his secret for the time being.
He had changed his clothing, now wearing a pair of black leather trousers and a white shirt, open at the neck, and his amulet.
He had hired a horse from a merchant in Cape Salarain, giving a false name when asked.

He rode into the garrison town that he knew so well and looked over at the castle, the place where he had once wished to call home, and sighed. All that was behind him now.

He dismounted and took the horse to the stables, then started off on foot.

He wore a thin rapier sword on his right hip, ready for a left-handed grab, and a knife up each sleeve.

He walked slowly down the streets, looking at everything he could, taking it all in.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-19, 15:38

~she had woke up early the next day and wanted to check on her horse she walked down to the stables and found him and started to brush him she pulled an apple out of her pocket and fed it to the horse and hugged him.~

" Behave boy I will be back to check on you."

~she walked out of the stables and could hear the stirring of the soliders for the morning activities. She decided to take a walk into town to get a few things. Walking down the streets wearing a blue shirt and dark brown leather pants her worn boots. as she pulls her pack onto her pack. As she was finding her way to a supply store.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-19, 16:16

He had spotted the girl enter as he was talking to the stablemaster - what man wouldn't have seen her? - but he thought no more of it as he left.

As he walked towards the town he noticed her a small distance behind. Was she following him, or was that his paranoia talking? This WAS the main route to the town from the stables, so there was no reason not to suspect anything untoward.

But, just to make sure, he stopped by a shop and used the reflection of the glass to gauge her reaction as she passed.
he knew that if she didn't look over, then she wasn't following him. Otherwise... it would be a shame to have to deal with her.

((OOC: Sorry for vanishing suddenly on you all earlier - powercut. I can't stop now, sorry...))
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 02:06

~the guy that had been walking in front of her has stop and raised an eyebrow and with a quick step to the side she kept going to a shop just two doors down. walking inside the shop she picks up a few basic items from there. walking over to a bin that had some apples she picks a few up.~

"oh these are perfect Artimus would love theses." Placing all the things on the counter she hands the shop keeper the right amount and throws in a few more coins.

Sticking the things into her bag she walks towards the door.

((its ok Smile kinda figured something happened ))
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 09:46

He saw her glance over to him, but she didn't alter her stride. Maybe it was just his paranoia after all.
As she went past, something caught his eye. A familiar pendant around her neck.

He gritted his teeth, biting back a snarl.
There was defiantly something up with this girl.

he saw her go into a shop close to where he was. Maybe she was stalking him, but was better than he'd anticipated.

he stood near the doorway of the shop, out of view from anyone inside, and her his name mentioned!
Dammit! How in the nine hells did she know who he was already. he'd been so careful this far.

He felt for one of the knives up his sleeve, then heard her about to walk out.
He had a split second to decide what to do.
Starting something in the street would raise too much attention. He shrunk back and backed-up around the corner of the building, out of sight.
He counted to 5 slowly, then glanced around the corner, wondering whether he should follow her or not, if he could see her again.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 11:31

~she takes one of the apples out of her bag and munches on it as she walks out of the door standing in front of the store.~

"Back to the stables. Artimus is going to love these."

~taking a bite from the apple. and heading back towards the stables but stops for a moment and bends down seeing some bits of rock taking them brushing them off on the road lost in thought and picking up a handful of dirty. watching it in her fingers as her hand starts to change to rock. smiling alittle to herself then lets the dirty fall and shaking her hand as it changes back. She then places a piece of her long blonde hair behind her ears. and stands up dusting her pants off.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 11:37

He watches her leave the shop, then bend down, her back to him. She starts off back towards the stables, and he starts to trail her, a short distance behind.

Almost at the stables, and out of view of most people, he creeps up behind her quickly and grabs her around the throat with his arm, his forearm gripping tightly across her windpipe.
He moves to the side, into an alley and leans into her, breathing heavily onto her neck.
"Tell me where you got that pendant, or so help me I'll snap your neck like a twig." he says, his voice a snarling whisper.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 11:43

~grabbing your arm around my throat trying to break free. struggling and my mind going a million miles per sec.~

"Why should I tell you?"

~Kicking my leg behind me trying to hit the mark~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 11:47

He avoids her kicking legs, grunting sightly as he tries to keep hold of her.
He realises he hasn't the strength he once had - he's got sloppy in his time away - and not wanting to raise too much commotion, he kicks the back of her knees, hard, then moves to run away, back towards the town, where he can hide.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 11:52

~falls to her knees but recovers quickly and rolls to her feet~

" Get back here!"

~running after him and get in range of him and tries tackles him to the ground.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 11:55

He feels her hands reaching for him - dammit, he's not as fit as he used to be!
With a tumble he falls on the ground, dirt spraying up around him as she brings him down.
He turns and look into her face, not looking this time, actually seeing, and seeing some familiar features.
His own amulet moves around on it's chain, occasionally showing through the opening in his shirt.
He kicks his legs, fairly uselessly at this angle.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 12:00

~she looks down at him seeing his amulet as her hand goes up to touch hers.~

"Who are you? and why do you want to about the amulet..which you seem to have the same..."

~she leans down placing her hands in the dirt pinning him more. slowly the stone and rock changing her hands as she watched him~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 12:03

He see's the transformation clearly this time, his mind whirling. He'd only ever known one other person who could do that.
"Who are you?" he asked with a curious tone, despite being pinned down under her. He stopped struggling - maybe he could lure her into a false sense of security, and she might release her grip just enough to let him escape....
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 12:08

~watching him something about him.~

"Am Jade Blake...and I got this.. *bring one hand up to her amulet* from my mother. ~a slight shake in her voice saying that~ Now where the hell did you get that from? " ~grabbing the amulet around his neck~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 12:41

His eyes widen as he realises what is going on.
Jade Blake? he says as he pushes gently, to see if she has released her grip at all. His voice is calm once again, now he understands.
I met your sister once. he says.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 13:15

~letting him up but watching him closely her blue eyes look questionly.~

" I have no sister...it was always just me and mom...until.."

~breaking her stare to glance at the ground.~

"Mom only gave that amulet out to family...or someone she thought was family.."

pulling a dagger from her boot look at artimus..."How did you get that amulet."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 13:30

He stares at her.
Mom? he thought to himself, thinking things through.
Indis didn't have any children, or least never told him of any. Her age was irrelevant - this was the island where kids never grew up, or grew up too fast, or had 4 years pregnancies. Time was irrelevant.
That left him with one conclusion. She had forgotten about him after he left!
She had gone into the arms of another man. All he had worked for to get back here was for nothing if she was with another.
He gave a sigh and reached over to take the amulet off, his heart heavy.
I knew your Mother once. He took the amulet off.
I don't deserve this. Jade, I made a terrible mistake. Well, several terrible mistakes. But please, don't tell her what happened here. The last thing he wanted was Indis finding out he was around again, and hurting her more. Let her be happy with her new life, he decided.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 13:36

~she looks at him shocked as she drops her dagger.~

"Wait...that means.. your artimus morningstar...she had told me she only gave it to one other person...and I can't tell her.."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 13:47

His eyes narrow, wondering if he should maintain his cover.
I have no idea who Artimus Morningstar is he said.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 13:52

~she looks at him really studying his face~

"Well then if you killed him to get that...you killed my only living family..." ~grabbing her dagger again as thought of things ran through her mind...remembering the stories her mother told her of him. think that he too could be dead. her grip tightened on the blade.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 13:58

Family? he said in disbelief.
What... what about... wait... FAMILY?
His mind was whirling.
Living family. But surely Indis must still be alive, and that would make her... his? His daughter?
He had a daughter?
No. This had to be a joke. But.. there was no way to pull a joke like this on him, no one knew he was coming here.
Jade, where is Indis, where is your Mother?
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 14:05

~she looked at him she still didn't like talking about it..~

"When she sent for me to come live here there was an attack from that damn dragonlich.. or whatever...in draco.. that she was defending the golden library...her and a few others where... killed... I have been on my own since. Mom told me the day that artimis left...she had found out that she was carrying me. so she had left and kept me a secret until the day she called for me. If I had been just alittle sooner..maybe she would still be alive..
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 14:09

He took a deep breath, letting the story sink in. That DAMN Draco. He knew there was a curse on the place.
The weight of his responsibilities fell on his shoulders.
If he hadn't left; if only he had stayed, he might have been able to help out in the attack. Indis and all the other people might have been saved.
He stared into the eyes of this girl, only slightly younger than himself, then stood up, putting the amulet back on around his neck.

Jade he said softly. I'm Artimus Morningstar. Your father.

And with that, years of emotion, normally held in place, exploded from him. He fell to his knees, crying.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 15:17

~she looked at him seeing things that her mother had told her about him~
"Your here...really...~watching as he fell to his knees crying she dropped down and wrapped her arms around him~
am... not alone anymore...~she started to cry~ Its ok dad.. your back...she knew you would come back...I didn't believe her...but her you are...*sniffling and crying*
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime2010-07-20, 15:20

After a short time he finally composed himself.
Jade he said softly, still holding her How many people know about us? Know that you are my daughter?.
He still couldn't believe he had a daughter.
And he'd been staring at her cleavage and bottom not twenty minutes ago!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After a weary travel   After a weary travel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After a weary travel
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next