Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fate of an Empire

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

Fate of an Empire Empty
PostSubject: Fate of an Empire   Fate of an Empire Icon_minitime2011-09-27, 16:26

Queen Bathory. says
*It was a cool and breezy night. Ava couldn't sleep and so she dressed in her silk nighgown and robe, then made her way down the steps, walking to the throne room. It was dark and quiet, most of the staff had gone to bed. Vladamir was no where to be found. Brushing her flame red hair to one shoulder, Ava walked across to the piano and sat down, her fingers brushing along the ivory keys.

Vladamir Carthallion says
<< The faint sound of steel clashing drfits on the wind outside the open window of the main hall, Outside the in the courtayrd stands the baron, his cloak swirling around him as he spins and dances between the blades of five dark forms, all weilding heavy swords and seeming to wear heavy black armor that swallows the limited light.>>

Queen Bathory . says
She began to play a beautiful melody, yet it was dark and haunting in theme. The sound would break the silence and echo around the room, no doubt waking a few servants. Ava didn't care, she wanted to play and feel human for just a few moments. She heard, amazingly, the sound of steel of Vladamir, but she continued to play without missing a note. He'd know how to find her.

<< hearing the sopund of the music the spins quickly, swirling the cloak about him as the dark shapes fade to nothing and the baron disappears from veiw, only to reappear in a dark corner behind Bathory. As she plays the piano he calls to hand a shadowed violin, taking up the same melody in soft strains on his own instrument>>

Queen Bathory. says
She tensed involuntary as he appeared, but the soft and enchanting sounds of his violin made Ava smile. Ah, this was the Vladamir that she remembered well. Her emerald eyes flashed with delight as she glanced over her shoulder and winked at him.

<< nods slightly, even though his eyes are seemingly closed as he plays, the bow moving over the strings smoothly, a precision coming from decades of perfecting an instrument evident in every note.>>

Queen Bathory . says
Ava turned back towards the piano and continued to play. The music filtered throughout the room. Closing her eyes, she focused and caused the fire in the hearth to come roar to life, sparking a new glow across the room.

<>

Queen Bathory . says
She let the shadows dance and take over from her position at the piano and stepped away from it. Drawn to the Baron as always, Ava smiled and reached out her hand for him to take. "I thought you'd never ask.."

<< takes her hadn and swings her into a waltz, letting the music guide his steps rather than using any conscious thought. He moves with the grace of a hunting cat, oaried perfectly with her own practiced movements, the entire dance flowwing like water across the floor.>> It has been too long my dear, and even I need a repreive from the constant matters of state.

Queen Bathory . says
"Then we'd best enjoy the ballroom before its taken from us." she smiled back just as sweetly, her body leaning into his and following his lead just as perfect. "Perhaps we'll have another ballroom..one twice as big?" she mused.

We can of course have a bigger one dear, when this is done we will be free to finally have what you have always dreamed of. << continues to move about the dance floor with the slow waltz, enjoying her company truly for the first time in a long time since coming to power in this realm. He allows himself a small smile and a moment of actual pleasure.>>

Queen Bathory . says
Ava laughed lightly and shook her head a little, those eyes sparkling with mischief. "You presume to know what I dream of, do you? What would that be, my dear husband?" she brought her deliciously red lips to his ear "I think I already have everything - you have given it to me and now..there is nothing left to want." It was odd, that for once, she was delighting so much in Vlads company.

Power without responsiblity, wealth without effort, and the peace that comes from being able to buy and sell empires without wearing a crown...these are the things you have dreamed of since your days as a black smith's daughter...and you will have them all.<< leans down and places a light kiss on her bare neck>>

Queen Bathory . says
"For what price will I owe you this time, my beloved Baron?" she mused, nuzzling her head with affection into his shoulder. The way this predator held himself high was alluring and irresistable. Her other hand moved up his shoulder to toy with some of his silken hair.

<< chuckles softly>> You may consider this a gift to you for years of loyal service to your husband and your realm.

Queen Bathory . says
His laugh lightened Ava's own mood, and she relaxed more. "Mmm..I see..how lucky I am." Her fingers caressed the nape of his neck. "And tell me..what can I do to repay your kindness?" Her lips brushed along his jawline as her hips swayed along his own.

<< drags his fings lightly over her neck, he raises his head to look her in the eyes>> I only ask you remain loyal my dear, we have come this far together, and we will go further still, so long as you remain true. Otherwise, I am afraid our journey will end poorly.

Queen Bathory says
His touch along the smoothness of her neck caused a shiver to run down her spine, and she half closed her eyes with a contented sigh. "I shall try, my dear." The way he touched her made Ava want to promise him the world, but she forced herself some self control. "I have learnt my lesson, I assure you."

I am sure you have, but you must be far more careful..Jaric is falling fast to his demons, we can not trust any of his old behaviors to help us predict his next attack. And you are too valuable an asset to let my brother take you as a trophy.

Queen Bathory . says
She lowered her head in shame, remembering quickly the events from dreamscape the moment Jaric was mentioned. "I don't know what I was thinking. I had to do something." It was her way of appologizing for such rediculous behavior. "He'll never have me - you won't stand for it, and when we leave this place the matter can be completely forgotten." She kissed his cheek as if to confirm it.

Indeed, and until then, << he sweeps her into a low dip, kissing her hard on her soft red lips, raising her to standing quickly>> we shall remain vigilant, and keep you entertained properly.

Queen Bathory . says
She arched herself closer into him as he kissed her, and her own lips pressed just as urgently into his. Breaking away slowly as he bought her upright, Ava's eyes narrowed a little. "Tell me Vlad, what do you know that you're not telling me?" She laughed a little "Do you think Jaric will steal me away?"

I know that we are facing something more dangerous than a demon, we are facing a man who has been deluded into thiniing he is on a righteous cause that will only lead to his damnation. I have seen his victory with the sight....we can not allow what I saw come to pass.

Queen Bathory . says
Her smile faded and immediately, her mood became serious. "I have already seen enough from our past encounter. What if Jaric visits me? I couldn't stop him last time." She shook her head. "If he is victorious, what will happen to us? He'll put us to the death."

No dear, he will put me to death. You will be a slave in your own home, a toy for his amusements. Should it seem he will be victorious,I will take your life myself rather than let that happen. But we do have a small hope in all of this, and I have already set the plan in motion to secure our safety. If the girl succedes, then we will be safe and away with no furhter worries of my brother. If she fails, I will try to kill him before he can gain total victory, only leaving once i am certain he will best me, only to end our livs before he can do it for us.

Queen Bathory . says
Despite the music in the background, she paused and stood there, no longer in the mood for any sort of dancing. Her hand remained on his shoulder and the other looped around his neck. Burrying her head into his chest she cringed at what he had to say. "I have no faith in Angel, and I will not have your life at risk trying to kill him yourself. Its impossible, the Gods themselves dare not do it." She paused briefly and looked up "No dear, there has to be a better way than this."

I am afraid that our only choice is to let the girl try to do what must be done. She will either save his soul and our lives, or make her own move to kill the wraith king before he becomes a monster to put SoulReaver to fright. If the girl and her knights fail us, then there is no other force in the relm that has a chance to stop him, save myself and the demon sword. Rest assured, I have considerred the matter carefully, and this is the best way to make the matter end in our favor, it is our best chance for survival. << smiles slightly, his expression actually looking worn for once in over a millenia, as if his worries were plain to see for her.>> I have not failed you yet little queen, whjat makes you doubt me now?

Queen Bathory. says
She leaned her head back against the comfort of his chest and closed her eyes once again. "I thought I could deal with the matter, I was foolish to think Jaric would listen to me." Her hand stroked with affection along his shoulder. Vlad offered an odd sense of security that none other could accomplish. "I trust you.." she meant it, for the first it was ever said to anyone. "your own loyalty to me has not gone unoticed, and you've never failed. I was talking with hope. that matters could be resolved before too long, without pain to the realm. I see now that it will not happen that way." She looked into his eyes, unintimidated. "I want nothing to happen to you, or Jaric will face a fate worse than death."

<> We will see this through my dear. Have no fear, there is always a way out, I am never without a plan.

Queen Bathory . says
She nuzzled her pale and soft cheek against his hand, then turned so that her lips kissed it. "Mmm, no, you are never without a plan - not my sword in the dark." Her own hand came up and took his, squeezing it with affection. She had missed him, and in this moment, realized she still loved him more than anything else in the world.

So my dear, when we have left this god-forsaken ralm in capable hadns, we will be off to a new location, to rule the realm from the shadows as puppet masters and live comfortably from our investment in an eternal retirement that does not require us to die a horrible death to enjoy it.

Queen Bathory . says
"I don't know anywhere else we could settle. This realm has been all I have ever known for so long.." She had a wave to her voice, a hint of nervousness. "We'd have to find all the children to take them too." she thought carefully about it. "I'm not used to change, Vladamir. I hope you have a nice location."

Several, as for the children....i know where they are, who hey are withm, and what they are currently up to. So there is no need to fear for them. Ihave already assured their safety in this matter and we will collect them as soon as we are setled in our new home.

Queen Bathory . says
She sighed. "When do we leave, my love?" her eyes cast around the ballroom, the one place she had cherished the most through all the years as the Aegian Queen. Now she wanted to see the back of it and move on, change and be happy elsewhere. "You're right..this realm is too much work to save. I've never wanted to admit it, I've always fought so hard for it."

As soon as Jaric is dealt with, we depart. Never fear, I have already constructed a suitable estate at our new home. << notices her look at the ballroom and smiles>> And have arranged for a ball to welcome you properly.

Queen Bathory. says
Ava nodded sadly at the thought of leaving. She was never one to walk out on anything, and she'd commited so much to Aegis. Trying not to bite her lip, Ava exhaled and lowered her eyes. "Very well..I'll learn to like our new home, I'm sure." her voice was quiet, but lit up at the idea of a new ball. "Hmm, is that so?? A new ball? Well then, I'll need the most perfect of outfits for the occassion."

Well, should your seamstress survive we will comission a new gown for you. Though with her attitude of late, I may kill the woman myself.

Queen Bathory. says
"You'll have to show me around so that I can choose the correct colors. Reds and Golds rather than your harsh blues and silvers." She smirked, merely teasing him. She did a little playful twirl, still smiling. "We should commission a few semstresses so that I can pick the one most suited for the job...hmm, I'm looking forward to this already. We should stay in our new home for the weekend and leave Rensain here."

That can easily be aranged my dear, in fact, it may be a better place for you in the long run, since it is not known to my brother, and secure against his attacks for the moment.

Queen Bathory. says
Ava shook her head, her smile fading. "No, I am not leaving without you."

No dear, I will join you, but I will not remain long. I still have to run this realm and prepare for battle should it come to that. You however will remain in our new hopme to see to its proper decoration and appointments.

Queen Bathory . says
"I don't want the people to think I'm deserting them during their time of need." She lowered her eyes and sighed again. "Its better that they see me and keep their morale up."

If you are here, then you are a target of oppurtunity, and Jaric has summoned the Hunter from Aurora. It is not safe for you to remain solong as that half-breed bastard runs about. No, you will go into protective hiding until I call for you, and there will be no argument.

Queen Bathory . says
Ava stepped back but still stayed within arms length of him. "Jaric has summoned Verran? Why, when he could have killed me himself the other eve would he bother with such a thing?" She shook her head out of frustration. She didn't want to leave the people like this, but there was little choice. "I can't leave you here..if you are killed I will never know of it."

If I die, you are not safe here. Remember dear, if he kills me he will hunt you. I have added special....alterations...to our new home to prevent such matters from being a problem. No, you will do as I ask and that is final. We have already seen what happens when you fail to listen.

Queen Bathory . says
"I was not failing to listen, I was using my inititive." She shot back just as quickly, placing her hands upon her hips. "I will go, and I will do as you say - but only because I want to. Jaric won't visit me again, he wouldn't dare, so I have nothing to fear. I threatened to tell his wife." she said with a smirk, thinking that would be enough.

Indeed, give him a reason to kill the girl before she can be useful, by all means. What makes you think she would take your word over his? No dear, telling his wife would only kill our chances of her help. You will leave within the hour, so you do not risk any furhter mistakes in the name of initiative.

Queen Bathory . says
Ava frowned and looked at Vlad for a few minutes. "Within the hour? Thats a little soon - no, it'll take longer than that to pack my things and someone will need to tell Jared where I've gone. Perhaps I should visit him?" she turned and began to walk off the ballroom floor. "I won't make any mistakes, don't you have any faith in me at all?"

Jared is currently in a secure location to prevent his capture by my brother's forces, you will not attempt to locate him lest you lead the enmy to him. I can have your things prepared and ready and we will leave immediately, Shadow'sbane will be our mode of transport, so my brother can not track us, nor can he follow. My faith in you dear is outweighed by my fear of my brother. You do not know >
< who you are playing with this time, and he will not show mercy in any of this.

Queen Bathory . says
Ava was in dismay, there was no time to see Jared and she didn't like that one bit. He was everything to her. Pausing in her step and lowering her eyes, Ava simply nodded. She would have to trust that Amarra would take care of him now - not that the boy needed it, but he was still her son. Then Vlad spoke of Jaric and how she was no match for him. This was a sorry realization after her last meeting with him. It was true, Jaric would not show mercy with her, he'd made it clear enough. "We'll leave in the morning, I'm not feeling well." The whole thing had her sick and anxious, another stupid thing. Perhaps she just couldn't let go of the place after all.

<< places a hand on her shoulder>> I will arrange to have Jared brought to you later. Along with the others. They will be safe with you for the time being, perhaps safer than where they are now.

Queen Bathory . says
She nodded, it seemed no one needed her for anything anymore. "I have no choice then..this is it?" she reached out for his hand on her shoulder and gave it a small squeeze. "I'll miss it all..very much."

It is not forever dear, only until we hae secured your safety and my brother's sanity and soul..we will bring you home soon.

Queen Bathory . says
"You don't have an easy task, I don't envy it." She sighed and then let go of his hand. "Shall we go then? I'm curious to see the new home..." she managed a small smile at the very least.

Of course my dear, let us gather your things and be away, sunrise in your new howm is nearly as radiant as you. << takes her hadn and leads her from the room, the strains of the music fading into silence as they leave, the glow from the fire place slowly fading to black, casting the room into cold shadows and silence once more.>>

END
Back to top Go down

Fate of an Empire
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cities :: Meriddia-
Jump to: