Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To hide amongst the dead ...

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kaeleth Raennor

Kaeleth Raennor

To hide amongst the dead ... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To hide amongst the dead ...   To hide amongst the dead ... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-26, 01:21

~Kaeleth growls out a chuckle.

'I didn't fail, far from it. I was new to this island. I have stolen to get by, I have stolen for others, and since a guy with glowing eyes isn't really trusted with what anyone would consider 'normal' employment, I decided to steal again.'

The animosity in his face changes to mild amusement as he recounts his tale.

'I sought out the Meriddian theives, they asked me to steal a book of some sort. The place was guarded, nothing I couldn't handle, so I swiped the book and went to the meet to exchange it for my pay.'

The amusement faded from his face.

'For 'professional' thieves they sure don't understand caution. They tried to ambush me and steal the book, so I assume it holds value, only I killed them. Turns out one of their number was fairly high ranked. At that point I figured I had outstayed my welcome.'

Kaeleth slowly stood, he gazed around for his mark on the stones. He walked over to the small alcove and reached behind the arranged candles and items and pulled out the neatly wrapped parcel, and turned to face Damyn again.

'It's of little worth to me now, figured I'd sell it on. As for being a fool, any smart thief learns to dislike deception and trickery, they are useful tools but I don't have to take it from others. If you dislike something, you learn to detect it.'

He approaches Damyn without hesitation and offers the book, head tilted to gauge his reaction.~
Back to top Go down
Damyn ShadowHeart

Damyn ShadowHeart

PostSubject: Re: To hide amongst the dead ...   To hide amongst the dead ... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-26, 01:49

=Damyn takes the book, handing it to Claudia without looking back. "I am glad you made that choice. It will make it much easier for everyone involved." he gestures towards the door. "We shall be going now, all of us. I would welcome you to your new home."

"You looks hard at Kaeleth, his hooded eyes drilling into him with a palpable force. "I am generous to those who show promise, and swift in my retribution. You have made a wise decision, although given your options, there was not much room to choose. Prove useful, and your servitude could become a place of honor among us. Fail." he lets the weight of the words hang there a moment, and turns to the door. "Let us say that failure is not in your best interest."=
Back to top Go down
Kaeleth Raennor

Kaeleth Raennor

PostSubject: Re: To hide amongst the dead ...   To hide amongst the dead ... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-26, 03:23

~Kaeleth grimaces, his now lightless black eyes narrowing shrewdly.

'I'm not generally the failing kind.' His serious tone sounds amused. '...and apparently I can't die now so I definitely have an advantage in certain scenarios.'~
Back to top Go down
Claudia Carthallion

Claudia Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: To hide amongst the dead ...   To hide amongst the dead ... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-03-04, 12:42

::Claudia watched the exchange with much interest. Her eyes were still, transfixed, and although her head was tilted, she did not move or turn to look at anyone. Her fingers danced, her dress fluttering from the breeze that didn't exist. As Damyn handed the book back, she raised her hand and used her energy to pull the book from his fingers and into her own. Then, she clutched it close to her chest.

Her eyes glanced to the door Damyn spoke of. Yes, it was time to go. Good, she had many notes to write on what had just taken place. She turns and begins to walk slowly to the door, mind linking Xavier. "Let us go brother. Nothing to see." ::

OOC: Shall we start a new thread in F'tallian, with Kaeleth joining us there? Seems we are done here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To hide amongst the dead ...   To hide amongst the dead ... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To hide amongst the dead ...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2