Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To See a Realm..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-06, 20:56

The morning air was fresh and crisp, little dew drops misted on the grass and leaves of the courtyard. Ava Bathory stood rather tall and straight, her hair brushed tight into ponytail, her corset and skirts red velvet with a small black hat perfectly positioned upon her head. Wearing black gloves with a ridding stick under her left arm, Ava patiently awaited the arrival of her friend, Letala.

In the meantime, she beckoned the stable boy to bring out two ridding horses so that she could inspect their grooming and check that they were ready to go. She had decided upon a whim that a morning ride would be good for the spirit and hoped that Lady Letala would feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-06, 21:42

She would step outside and take within her lungs the fresh crisp air that the morning had settled upon her. It was in deed short of nothing but a miracle that she was becoming to feel as her old self once more. She had received word that Ava wished her company and was nothing but thrilled to comply. Her wavy locks were perfectly manicured as per usual, tied to the side with a satin baby blue ribbon. Her dress was simple fit for the ease of a morning ride, the same color as the ribbon, detailed with simple jewels upon the bodice. Riding boots and gloves fitted leather that of pale tan.

Steps would draw her closer to her dear friend as a servant walked with her leading the way, a hand would then be extended toward Ava, a simple curtsy followed before she young girl would turn from her and scurry into the other direction from which they came.

Letala would move slowly to her a smile clear upon her face as locked upon the horses and the Queen before her.

"Ava dear, I must thank you for the lovely room you set me up in, I slept quiet well."

Hands would be extended to give the toreador a hug as well as a ginger kiss upon her friend's cheek.
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-06, 22:01

Patting the dark horse and admiring its shape, she tilted her head in the direction of Letala and gave a wide smile as her dear friend approached. With arms stretched for a friendly embrace, Ava walked towards her.

"Lady Letala, you look wonderful this morning! Thank you so much for joining me. I thought a good ride out this morning would a relaxing way to see some of our plains, what do you think?"

Reaching her friend, Ava also gave her a light kiss upon the cheek.

"I'm so glad you were able to sleep well, it was what I had hoped for. Come, tell me what horse you can handle..."

The stablehand brought out a brown mare and allowed it to stand next to the dark one. Ava moved to them and gave the horses a gentle affectionate pat each.

"I don't mind which I ride, I'm fond of both horses and they handle well. Since you're the guest, I'll let you choose."
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-07, 19:00

"You are too kind Ava, and I would have not missed it"

Her voice was soft as not to disturb the morning air that held such a calm about it. A gloved hand would reach up toward the brown mare, gliding softly upon the creature's neck, the horse would let out a soft grunt and shake of it's head.

"She will do perfectly, you have been to gracious to me Ava, I dont know how I will repay you."

Her head would then nod to the stable hand as he would help her lift herself upon the back of the trusted animal, Shifting back in forth of the seat she would smooth out the wrinkles of her skirt and place her feet properly enough to gain stability and balance. Reins in her hand she gave a thankful smile and nod to the stablehand before glancing back to Ava that bright smile upon her face.

"Shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-07, 20:08

Ava was secretly glad that Letala had taken the brown horse, not wishing to say that the dark one had indeed been her favorite. With a firm nod and a warm smile, she took to the saddle and lifted herself up. Some servants approached to arrange Ava's skirts and she waited patiently for them to do so. When settled, she turned her head to Letala and frowned a little.

"Repay me? Don't be silly, dear. What a notion?"

Ava laughed at the thought.

"You're my friend, and I invited you here for a reason...you looked as if you could do with a break and I was hoping to help."

Taking the reigns confidently with her back straight, Ava gently tapped at the horse

"Yes, lets go, shall we? A casual canter across the fields will be a nice start."

As they left the stables and the courtyard, Ava gave it a few moments until they were clear of any other ears. Then she finally said what was on her mind.

"My dear friend, I didn't want to say anything before now...but where is Asriel?"
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-08, 01:07

The kick of the feet and she followed in stride with Ava, the fast and heavy steps of the stead carried both of them in such a fast pace, the wind flying through her. An almost adrenaline rush came about her. The rolling hills and lush green scenery was nothing but a blur as both of the horses moved in that powerful stride. Once within that clearing and the pace had subsided no words were expressed before there it was, the question of Asriel, one she had been avoiding, and thought she was within the clear. Her entire demeanor changed as they slow steps were now in place, a deep breath was taken into her lungs, the fresh air released as her heart too subsided from the rush of speed.

"Your guess is as good as mine..."

Eyes refused to focus upon her friend instead focused upon the horizon before her of complete open terrain.

"I know you received the wedding invite, and I was saddened that you could not break away from duties to make it, but I am afraid to tell you that there was no wedding to be had that day..."

Her voice was even softer now, as if she spoke it the words, the truth she had been running from was spoken it brought back the much painful heartache. She had been doing well to avoid it, to not even return to Castle Asharien, but she was not about to keep such a thing from her friend, and in truth though she had started a many letter, as she did with both her Uncle and Father, she never could finish it for such news deserved to be spoken in person.
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-08, 20:11

It was refreshing for Ava to get away from it all and escape from the harsh realities that hid inside the Meriddian Palace. She laughed, and allowed the wind to flow through her long locks, her cheeks flushed from exilleration. As they slowed to talk, Ava nodded in response to her friend. She had suspected as much. She would save Letala from saying anything more on the dreaded matter.

"I see..and I understand. Not everything in life turns out the way we would wish it to be, and sometimes, thats not a bad thing. Remember, good friend, that when the Gods close a door...they sometimes open a window."

Ava reached down and patted her horse. She spoke in all seriousness, with a half shrug.

"I was engaged to a man I loved dearly...and a few days later I ended up killing him. For the realm, of course."

It was a random tidbit of Bathory's past that not many had the opportunity to hear about.
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-08, 20:43

"You know me Ava....and that blasted toreador has pulled upon my heart strings for years. I just ...don't understand why I am not good enough..."

She would then hear Ava's words of a such a story, one she had heard before but nothing of great detail. It was in fact the life she was wondering if she would be bound to, that life of being partners with her duties as a Princess. Love in her life had never gone her way, from Sebastien to Griffin and Asriel, the men she had given her heart to had always left her. The opening of a window she could only wonder what window that was, her mind lingering to Rensain.

The silence feel around them again as the soft patter of feet from the horses filled the void that was between them. It was clear her mind was in deep thought and her heart in great pain from being rejected so easily and with no struggle.

"I love him Ava...but I am tired of loving someone who does not wish me but a mere show piece."
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-10, 19:29

Ava shook her head and glanced around, her voice raised over the wind. Her tone was set full of conviction.

"Never let a man make you feel like you're not good enough - not ever."

The Queen admired the landscape of her realm, those emerald eyes deep in thought as she paused to think on Letala's words.

"I can't tell you how to feel about Asriel, dear friend, but I can tell you to trust your inner instincts. I think its time for you to move on, and it is with great hope that you are able to do so here. Should you need anything..or if there is anything I can do, please let me know."
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-10, 19:55

She would take her friends words and meditate upon them, she knew how Ava felt of Asriel and her situation and she was right, words were not needed, but was it time really to let of that dream? That long lost dream of a vampire who stole her heart and left it broken. A sigh would come from her lips again, and she would try and focus upon the scenery around her, her mind traveling to the lushness of the earth, a smile would then rest upon her lips and her mind would rest to Rensain, though her dear friend and him seemed to be in quite the awkward war paths, he too was a reason for her lightened mood. The mysterious man had surely pulled upon her in some way and left a strong and lasting impression.

"Let us not talk of him shall we...I came here to see you, not to talk of my problems. So my dearest friend what news do you have to share with me?"

The soft pace of the horses continued the sun full upon them as they road in the wide open space. Eyes upon the road ahead still back within deep thought, clearly her mind was upon Asriel still but she tried her best to push him out once more. Her face though holding a smile, there was something behind those soft jade hues.
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-10, 20:19

It was obvious to Ava how conflicted her friend seemed to be and she knew really that there would not be much that she could possibly say that would make a difference to what was going on in her life at that moment in time. Ava exhaled also, an old human habit that resurfaced when she was in deep thought. With a small and reassuring smile, she glanced back to Letala.

"It does not bother me to talk of your problems, but since you asked about mine, I'll share."

Patting the horse, and running her fingers through its mane, Ava used the opportunity to think about what she was about to say.

"I husband Vladamir seems to be concerned about his brother, King Jaric of Aurora. Vladamir and I had a disagreement with Jaric and his wife Angel at a ball...and well, there's obviously more behind it. My point is, such ill feelings between all of us would not be good."
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-10, 20:35

She would finally turn to her friend and give a half smile though still full of that warmth.

"Well it seems we two are in quiet the predicaments aren't we"

A chuckled would be fall from her lips and she would mull over in her mind once more as to what to say to her dear fiend, if not out of kindness she wasn't quite sure what needed to be said about her friend's troubles, nor did she wish to force her friend to talk of unpleasant things.

"Well my dear Ava you know if there is anything I can do as well I am here at your disposal"

Gloved hands would then loosen upon the reins of the horse, direction was not needed now, nor did she care for it, the simple stroll had taken her over and it was something she forced herself to get lost in.
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-10, 21:30

"Mmm, indeed we are..but we haven't lived this long to give up so easily, have we?"

With such, Ava laughed lightly and ran her gloved hand through her hair.

"Your offer is kind, Letala, but I'm a big girl and I'm sure I'll figure a way out of whats going on for me eventually - the same way you will know what you truely want also."
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-10, 21:37

"yes that we have my dear friend"

Ava's light heart laugh was nothing but contagious and she found herself responding in kind, another soft chuckle escaping her. She knew her friend, she was a strong and proud woman and her problems she had no doubt that she would be able to fix. Her own was something else to come to think upon another time, and perhaps she would eventually talk.

"So what of this ball or dinner you wish to throw me?"

She of course was by no means pushing for it, but it seemed of such good light chatter to have, the lightness she wished to continue to fall upon, it seemed neither wanted to linger upon serious talks of politics and broken hearts. Who would? It was two friends in the company of each other, a rare thing as both held busy lives, why spoil such a good thing?
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-10, 21:57

"Ah yes! I think a dinner would be most appreciated. Vladamir could do with a break away from his work..thats all he's been doing of late."

It was a concern of hers. Her husband was signing and sending out contracts and papers faster than she had the opportunity to look at them. Before she married him, there was nothing that she did not know about the realm and now he had swiftly taken everything away. The thought of it left a bitter taste in her mouth, yet her expression remained calm and jovial. Ava's friend wouldn't know otherwise.

"I think we'll invite some of the Dukes and Duchesses and no doubt we'll have to invite Jaric and Angel...neither of whom are much fun so we'll make a point of being polite but thats all. I have an excellent seamstress, Miranda. No doubt she'd be happy to make you a gown for the occassion."
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-10, 23:15

At first she was opposed to such an idea, a dinner in her honor was nothing she wished for. Such an extravagant display was not needed in her mind, but as the thought has settled down within her mind it was becoming more and more pleasing to her. She was within Ava's realm, why not enjoy it and see all that she can. Thus far she was pleased with everything and perhaps, even though Westral had many allies, and had never seen war, that the two great counties would bind themselves together, surely she would run it by her Uncle's approval first, a letter was to be written when she got back, and even her dear cousin, perhaps she would find it desirable to be within this place rather than the Asharien household, surely her own mind would no longer worry about her safety.

"That would be lovely, for I am sure I do not have anything that I brought which would be suitable for such an occasion of a high society night. Ava dear you are again too kind."

Her thoughts would come to then a questions of risky topic, and perhaps an eye of questioning would be given by her dear friend, but secrets were nothing she wished to carry between her and Ava, both of them did not have warm feelings for another and she felt oddly placed within the middle but none the less she would try and keep the peace, and surely her dear friend would as well, for her sake.

"I would enjoy to meet them all, and perhaps would you mind inviting Rensain? He was kind to me and...I would like to see him there."

Her voice was strong in the request though she felt hesitation in asking such a thing. Her face holding that perfect composure awaiting what her friend would say and think.
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-12, 17:35

"Not at all, dear friend. The dinner will simply be a small gathering so that its not overwhelming. With any luck, my son Jared and his fiancee will be home from Icehold..and so will Duke Ralean. If my twins Claudia and Xavier are home also, I would like to introduce you to them."

Ava smiled, finding that she was actually looking forward to the meal and the excuse to gather everyone into the same place - although the last time that had happened they were attacked by a Dracolich and the whole Draco school went up in flames. Mayhaps this time round it would be more peaceful?? Time would tell.

Ava's smile faultered however, upon Letala's mention of Rensain. Inwardly she cringed, gripping onto the reigns of her horse only mildly tighter at the thought of his mere name let alone tolerating the mans presence.

"Letala...you can bring whoever you wish..but might I express caution with Rensain? The man is a viper on the same level as my husband."

She knew that that sort of comment wouldn't be welcomed, but Ava was determined to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-12, 17:53

She liked to see her friend in such good spirits and the talks of meals and light hearted fun was what she needed even still to life. Ava had been a dear friend and to see the ones dear to her was something that had been long over due. The darkness had taken over her personality but each moment within Aegis the emotions were lifted. But the change of tone and attitude of her friend as she spoke of Rensain made her own mind fall back to a pool of questions. They both seemed to have such ill feeling toward each other, she would cough slightly her throat. She had heard Rensain's thoughts it was finally time to hear that of her dear firiends. To her it was not about taking sides which seemed despite her desire for it which were forming, it was gaining to know more of the one who had captured her attention in a way no one had in some time but remaining that loyalty to her dear friend. For it was fear that both would not be able to be achieved, but perhaps, it was her who would be able to be a bridge between the two.

"I know my dear friend it is none of my business, but do you think Rensain would use me of sorts? I know you both have a dark past, and I by no means to be disrespectful dear friend, yet still what has caused you to feel such ill toward him?"

She would pause and turn to her friend now a slight smile upon her lips, attempting to lighten the mood.

"You know me Ava, I tend to be a bit naive at times, yes? Perhaps I will always be that innocent First Lady you meet years ago."
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-12, 18:09

The red haired beauty was glad of an opportunity to speak of Rensain's flaws, since everyone else was no doubt sick of hearing it by now. Stiffening in her saddle, Ava looked across to Letala.

"Oh I see...he's gotten his claws into you already, has he? My dear friend, Rensain and I go back a long way, and all he has served to do is take my throne away from me. He'll plot and scheme and weave webs a mile long...he's slandered me in the past by publically calling me a whore, and he even took my crown when I was forced into a coma by a demon. The man is a deciever, Letala, make no mistake of it. He wants you to think the world of him, it works in his favor. Why? Well, lets see..if you are close to me, then you can keep an eye on what I'm doing for him."
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-12, 18:21

She would take in her friend's words with great seriousness, a soft sigh slipping from her lips, it was clear to her now more than ever that she was placed between a difficult situation, and while she had been in such diplomatic situation where words were delicate, the slightest tone would change feelings of positive nature to negative. But she was almost speechless now, of course she believed her friend and as well as Rensain, innocent yes, but she had been pawn before and a frown would fall upon her lips, she was nothing more than a pawn in Disideri and the feeling unsettled her, to be used in a game, yes that innocence was there, but she was no fool, only loyalty was her downfall. Loyalty and the desire to see the best in everyone.

"I upsets me to hear such a thing..."

Silence took over her now once more, that long pause between them, what else could she say, no you are wrong? In truth she knew nothing of Rensain, nothing but feelings and she was in clear battle between what to think now.

"I would never speak of your private matters to him Ava dear, surely he knows that, and in truth we are still strangers, but I will not lie and say I do not wish to know him more."
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-15, 17:04

"It upsets you? Oh, I had no intention of doing that. Unfortunately Rensain and I have always held distain for each other...the story is just too long to tell. No doubt you'll find out in your own way."

Guiding her horse to turn around so that they could canter back towards the palace, Ava continued to talk casually with her friend - still enjoying the outdoors regardless of the topic.

"You need not my permission to do as you wish, Letala. If you like him, then so be it, but I simply want you to be warned. I'd rather hate to be comforting you after one of his little games - and oh how he happens to be full of them."

On this occassion, she would be happy to place the final decision in her hands, and she added with a small knowing smile.

"Mayhaps, with you being friends with both of us, it might heal the ill feelings beween Rensain and I."
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-16, 20:32

Words formed in her mind as she was ready to speak them, but the canter towards the palace would catch her off guard, the swift paces, wind again through her air, that smile creeping upon her lips again as her heart raced with the heavy steps of her horse. Permission was not what she was seeking from her friend, in truth she didn't know what, information perhaps. She was not one to be taken by the charming men, many coming in her life, attempting to win her over but few had achieved such a feat, Rensain was beginning to pull upon her curiosity but she knew better than to give into such a thing, her guards still up but wanting to tumble down.

"Not as much as I would hate to be victim of one. After Asriel, I am much exhausted of such a thing. I am done with the charming sorts who wish me as a mere show piece"

Her tone held a slight edge of frustration, of course not directed at her friend, But it would soften as she spoke once again.

"Mayhaps indeed my dear friend, but enough of this talk, more pleasant things yes?"
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-22, 13:14

Ava nodded, accepting her friends suggestion to move on to a better topic.

"Men, we cannot live with them nor without them. What fools us women are?"

She laughed lightly and continued, her tone lighthearted. Ridding always kept Ava in such high spirits and thus it could be seen in her genuine smile and relaxed posture.

"Tell me, what did you think of my husband? I suppose you could never imagine me as a married woman, could you?"
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime2010-03-23, 01:14

"Yes such a sad fate for us women"

A knowing smile fell upon her painted lips as her gaze drifted to her high spirited friend. Letting the slightest of laughs escape her, she would mull for a mere moment upon her friends words. It was a truth in fact she could never see Ava tied to one individual, not for a lack of love or that she was not desirable but Ava was one of those rare women, the powerful and strong willing to stand her ground, an idea many laughed upon, a woman with a mind. Luckily she herself was not raised in such an environment, her own mother being quite the strong influential power within Westral. In truth Letala always admired Ava, though she knew the soft spots were within her friends heart, she placed the most strategic image of herself.

"Ava my dear I imagine you ruling the world and that much more"

Silence would fall between them just slightly as more words were formed and fitted in her mind, she wished not to offend, but that in itself was a feat with her dear friend. She had not really come up with a thought about Vlad, the few words expressed seemed good enough, a slight cold edge to him, but what man didn't carry that?

"He seems very well mannered, you two keep each other in check I can only assume"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To See a Realm.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: To See a Realm..   To See a Realm.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To See a Realm..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cities :: Meriddia-
Jump to: