Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Something must be done. (Jaric's Study)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel
Admin
Angel

Something must be done. (Jaric's Study) Empty
PostSubject: Something must be done. (Jaric's Study)   Something must be done. (Jaric's Study) Icon_minitime2013-06-29, 18:30

*Angel had finished her conversation with Kinsen and thus, with a plan in mind she strode with determination through the dark and shadowed corridor until she finally came upon the wooden door that was Jarics office. She knocked, but didn't wait for an answer.

Instead Angel walked inside and calmly took a seat with the leather armchair that sat opposite the fire. Never would she presume to take Jaric's seat behind his desk. Inhaling deeply, she closed her eyes. Already, she had summoned her husband and Baron Vladamir, and she knew it would not be long before both arrived.

In the meantime, she created in the palm of her hand, a drink of cold water, the glass made from sheer ice. Her blue and serious eyes gazing calmly into the hearth fire. All she could do was wait.*
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: Something must be done. (Jaric's Study)   Something must be done. (Jaric's Study) Icon_minitime2013-07-02, 22:58

{{ Jaric enters the room, not at all accustomed to being summoned by anyone, and only mildly amused by the idea that his wife would even consider doing so..}}

I will forgive the fact that I was summoned like a servant in my own home, Now, what is it that has you so concerned?

{{ He takes a seat behind the desk, his eyes on his young Queen.}}

Last edited by Jaric Carthallion on 2013-07-02, 23:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Something must be done. (Jaric's Study)   Something must be done. (Jaric's Study) Icon_minitime2013-07-02, 23:01

<< Vlad melds out of the shadows next to his customary chair in Jaric's study. He pulls a flask from his coat pocket and frowns>>

Alright, are we playing a new game where Angel gets to be in charge for the day, or am I about to witness a marital dispute over who gets to wear the pants in the family?
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Something must be done. (Jaric's Study)   Something must be done. (Jaric's Study) Icon_minitime2013-07-02, 23:30

*Angel rubbed her forehead with her hand and looked up at Jaric as he entered. She smiled faintly, pleased that he was at least present. It was with understanding that his work kept him so busy. Inclining her head, Angel opened her mouth to reply, but Vladamir arrived and she paused in her thoughts.

"Glad you could both make it. Forgive that I summoned you both with urgency, but I feel this is important and I did so with good reason." She paused briefly, wishing to get straight to the point. "Kinsen has made it known to me that we are at the mercy of our Mother Winter, that we have no choice but to comply with her whims-to what cost, I can not comprehend. Wulfgang speaks of how this one day might prove itself a problem"

She bit her lip as her heart sank at the thought of it. Her eyes cast downwards before glancing back up at the two Carthallion brothers. "I was wondering...what the chances of breaking the bond with her, by any means necessary. After all, we cannot be at the mercy of a Goddess who...is no longer present."*

Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: Something must be done. (Jaric's Study)   Something must be done. (Jaric's Study) Icon_minitime2013-07-12, 21:16

{{ Jaric looks at her calmly. his expression even and his tone rather flat}}

You are asking us to devise a manner in which to escape an agreement made with a goddess as powerful as Winter without incurring her eternal wrath and having her decimate the realm in response?

My dearest Queen, I have been on this plane for millennia, and I have never encountered anything capable of doing what you suggest, save for the intervention of a second deity. In fact, I have been laboring under such a curse for centuries, and have yet to escape its grasp.

As for the ramblings of the old man, his words are no different than the ones he spoke to me on my own return. Merely a warning to be vigilant against actions that may not be my own, and an understanding that he will not let the people suffer for my choices. I do not think you need to concern yourself with his words overmuch.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Something must be done. (Jaric's Study)   Something must be done. (Jaric's Study) Icon_minitime2013-08-22, 22:12

Angel remained serious as she listened to Jaric speak, occasionally nodding her head in agreement. "It is true, my husband, I am looking for a way to keep the realm safe from Mother Winter's whims - especially when someone of my position must answer them when called upon. I do not want to be a danger to my people anymore than you are. Who knows what will become of us? Look at Kinsen...he's changed. Lord Jaric, you have indeed remained what you are for a long time, but have you attempted this path before? How do we know it cannot be overcome? Have you tried?"

Angel titled her head to one side, her eyes now resting on the Baron Vladamir. "If all we need is another deity can we not manipulate and use someone of the likes of...SoulReaver, perhaps? His essence is expendable. "
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Something must be done. (Jaric's Study)   Something must be done. (Jaric's Study) Icon_minitime2013-08-24, 20:18

{Unaware of the conversation that was proceeding in the study the Lord Rensain Caladore rapped urgently upon the heavy door, using his cane as a weight and cause the knock to be louder. He then stepped back and nodded to the two armored knights that stood either side of the room.

As the door opened, Rensain hurried through "Your Majesty..." he formally bowed to both Jaric and Angel, before turning his heel to the King's brother. "Baron Vladamir forgive the intrusion" he began, without waiting to be verbally addressed by the royalty. Clearly he was agitated. "Queen Bath...the Lady Ava Bathory has had some health concerns and has been taken to the royal infirmary. It appears she is in labor and so I came here immediately. I promised her I would on such an occasion. "

He stood and awaited instruction, looking to the three people in the room he quickly understood that the three, Vladamir, Angel and Jaric in the same place privately must have been urgent business in itself. "If this is important, I shall go and be with her until you are available." }
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Something must be done. (Jaric's Study)   Something must be done. (Jaric's Study) Icon_minitime2013-08-25, 18:22

<< Vlad sits quietly as he listens to the royal couple talk and smiles inwardly at the mere suggestion of Angel's plan. As Rensain enters the room and delivers his message he shakes his head, sighing>>

I am sure she will be just fine for the moment Rensain. This is not her first pregnancy, nor is she in a condition that would threaten her life in any way. Now, do come in and sit, your knowledge as a mage may be useful to us here. You see, our dear Queen is contemplating murdering a goddess, and is unsure how to proceed.
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Something must be done. (Jaric's Study)   Something must be done. (Jaric's Study) Icon_minitime2013-08-25, 18:43

{Rensain stepped further into the room and shut the door behind him. He listened carefully to Vladamir, his face growing pale as his expression furrowed in confusion. "Murdering a Goddess, you say?" He repeated, leaning heavily on his cane and rubbing his chin. All thoughts of Bathory were forgotten as he pondered this problem.

"I can't say I've ever seen it done in my lifetime, but nothing is impossible." He paused briefly and then looks from Angel and Jaric, then back to Vladamir "Might I ask...who?"}
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: Something must be done. (Jaric's Study)   Something must be done. (Jaric's Study) Icon_minitime2013-08-28, 21:45

{{ Jaric frowns}}

We can not seriously be considering this endeavor, and I will not have it spoken of any longer in my presence. What has been done is done, there is no changing the fate so dearly bargained for without the risk of undoing all that was paid for so dearly. The discussion of the matter end here.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Something must be done. (Jaric's Study)   Something must be done. (Jaric's Study) Icon_minitime2013-09-01, 21:34

*Angel wasn't pleased and it showed by the expression on her face, a frown that was crumpled in confusion. First of all, Rensain had interrupted at a crucial moment, then he speaks of Bathory giving birth and to add to the drama, Vladamir tells Rensain what she had suggested.

To make matters worse, Jaric had stomped out her idea before it was even remotely considered. She bit her lip, shook her head and folded her arms. Jaric had said that it was the end of the matter - and it really should of been, but she couldn't control herself. She had the three most powerful men in Aegis in the same room and she didn't feel that the discussion should be over so fast.

Looking up at Jaric, Angel inhaled and spoke clearly "I beg you to reconsider, husband. Perhaps your ambitions have never taken you to think of it before but now there is an opportunity for it. I ask, how do you know that it is not possible?" Angel turned her head quickly in Vlads direction "Is it, Baron? Is it possible or not? Answer truthfully!"*

Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: Something must be done. (Jaric's Study)   Something must be done. (Jaric's Study) Icon_minitime2013-09-06, 22:10

{{ Jaric's eyes narrow and the room cools noticeably.}}

The matter is closed. For you to even suggest that it has not been duly considered is insulting. I have had two thousand years to ponder her demise, it is not possible, forget this foolish notion and focus on your recovery..DO NOT speak of it again.
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Something must be done. (Jaric's Study)   Something must be done. (Jaric's Study) Icon_minitime2013-09-06, 22:15

<< Vlad sits in his chair quietly as Jaric berates Angel for her naïve approach to the situation. When Jaric finishes he takes a quick drink from the flask hidden in his coat pocket before answering Angel's question.>>

Actually dear Angel, since you are paying me so well for my consultation on this matter, I must answer you truthfully. To my knowledge, there is, without a doubt, and without any misinterpretation, most emphatically a means to destroy, kill, devour, and/or replace a deity....provided you are willing to make the necessary sacrifices to see the matter to its end.

<< He ignores the glare Jaric undoubtedly shoots his way and shrugs>>

But as Jaric says, the matter is finished and we should all be on our way to deal with other matters of the realm as needed.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Something must be done. (Jaric's Study)   Something must be done. (Jaric's Study) Icon_minitime2013-09-08, 22:19

*Angel shook her head at Jaric as he glared at her. She felt the room cool, but it had no effect on her immortal form now. She wanted to hold his gaze and pursue the issue but Jaric had told her not to bring it up again. Her cold blue eyes turned from him and to the floor in defeat. The way he had spoken to her had embarrassed her, and she did not think he should have closed off her thoughts so quickly.

Vladamir began to speak and her eyes cast from the stone floor upwards and at him. His words gave her heart a strand of hope and Angel clung on to it. "I did suspect that there was a way. I wonder just what sacrifices it would involve." She looked to Jaric "I don't think you are too fussy when it comes to religious sacrifices, are you?"

Her gaze returned to the Baron. "Of course, unfortunately this matter is apparently closed since His Highness would rather put the realm before the needs of his own and his wife. Understandable and expected." Her tone was held with bitter resentment - for once.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something must be done. (Jaric's Study)   Something must be done. (Jaric's Study) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something must be done. (Jaric's Study)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cities :: Icehold-
Jump to: