Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hawkeye Finds a Teacher

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Hawkeye Finds a Teacher Empty
PostSubject: Hawkeye Finds a Teacher   Hawkeye Finds a Teacher Icon_minitime2014-12-27, 23:30

It had been a long voyage to the city of Meriddia but finally Hawkeye had made it. His slight frame was hidden beneath the oversize cloak he wore to warm his bones in the grey and stormy weather. He wished he knew where to go from here. He had been told when he started this voyage that those who taught the skills he sought could be found within the city walls, but that they preferred to stay hidden away and that it might be difficult for him to meet one with the knowledge he sought.

Some days he thought it would have been easier to remember the life he lead before he had forgotten. To just sit down and remember what had been and to just know what must be. That would surely be easier than learn the art of magic.

The world started to spin. He knew what was coming but was unable to prevent it. Acting fast he found an empty bench and collapsed upon it. He began to shiver and jerk uncontrollably  on the bench. As he shook a fishmonger called for help and a crowd gathered round, but Hawkeye was barely aware of any of this. the already dim light faded to black as Hawk flew off into his own mind.
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeye Finds a Teacher   Hawkeye Finds a Teacher Icon_minitime2014-12-27, 23:47

Suddenly, Hawkeye would grow aware of a change in temperature, cooling a few degrees as Lord Rensain Caladore stepped out of the portal. The half-elf stood tall and proud, his attire more of a velvet black suit, a sophisticated top hat sitting neatly upon his head. His dark black long hair was smooth and hung in a neat tucked back pony tail.

Pulling out his stop watch, he checked the time before placing it back into his pocket. Them, magically making a quill and ledger appear, began to write, taking mental note of the buildings and those who surround it. Other's around him looked at his fine attire, but walked onward in hopes of not being noticed.

Rensain moved his eyes across to the gentleman who appeared to almost be sleeping on a bench. "You there. You'll do, come here." He beckoned with his white gloved finger.
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Suddenly Awake   Hawkeye Finds a Teacher Icon_minitime2014-12-28, 00:01

Hawkeye Saw a strange man pointing at him. He heard a jumble of words. With me you come. his head was splitting in two. Wait the man wanted Hawkeye to go with him.

"Where are we going" he managed to blurt out.

He staggered to his feet, not really sure what to do but figuring he had nothing to loose at this point. The world started to come into a clear focus, "Who are you?" he questioned as he walked toward the stranger.
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeye Finds a Teacher   Hawkeye Finds a Teacher Icon_minitime2014-12-28, 00:12

Rensain opened his mouth to speak and answer Hawkeyes' question about where they were going, when he stopped and paused in disbelief at not being instantly recognized. "You...you do not know who I am? My word, there can't be a person on this Island that doesn't know about me." He began to laugh, sharing the joke with only himself.

When done, he materialized a cane and leaned on it, flipping out a card through his fingers as his arm outreached to Hawkeye. "I am Lord Rensain Caladore, Secretary to the Baron Vladamir Carthallion and his wife, the god awful Ava Bathory. Also additionally employed by king Jaric Carthallion, Vladamir's brother. I'm a member of the high council, and headmaster of Draco, school of magic...and you are?"
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeye Finds a Teacher   Hawkeye Finds a Teacher Icon_minitime2014-12-28, 00:23

"Hawkeye 's the name. Can't tell you much more than that. I'm ashamed to admit it but I have forgotten who I once was. I woke up one morning and remembered nothing. You looking for a worker? I'm looking for a job so I can pay for my studies."
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeye Finds a Teacher   Hawkeye Finds a Teacher Icon_minitime2014-12-28, 00:44

"I'm looking for a junior personal assistant. I want someone who can help do my running for me, regardless of what those errands maybe. If you don't remember who you are, even better. Baron Vladamir and his wife Ava are refurbishing the Palace at Meriddia, and will be hiring additional members of staff. Perhaps you have friends who might be suited to the position of servants and footmen? You, and they, will have to be trained of course. If you are interested in the arts of magic, then I would be happy to show you a few tricks should time ever allow."
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye

Hawkeye

PostSubject: The New Apprentice    Hawkeye Finds a Teacher Icon_minitime2014-12-28, 01:19

"It would seem to be the perfect option for me, though I'm new in town and have only what you see here and no acquaintances save yourself. But I'll work with most anyone. Where do we head?"
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeye Finds a Teacher   Hawkeye Finds a Teacher Icon_minitime2014-12-28, 12:44

Rensain gave a grin that might resemble that of the Cheshire cat. He promptly tucked his cane under his arm. "Follow me, dear boy." Gathering magic and waving his hand in the air to represent some symbolic magic gestures, a portal opens up before them. The peasents, not too familiar with the magic gasp, standing and staring. As the portal spins and whirls, the winds begin to pick up once again.

"Don't stand there all day, we're going to the Meriddian Palace, step in - there are introductions to be made." With this, he chuckled, a deep bellowing laugh, gesturing with his white glove to Hawkeye.

Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeye Finds a Teacher   Hawkeye Finds a Teacher Icon_minitime2014-12-28, 12:53

(( Out of Character: I've continued the thread here, at the Merridian Palace. ))

http://aegis.powerrpg.com/t338-introductions-meriddian-palace#6039
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeye Finds a Teacher   Hawkeye Finds a Teacher Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hawkeye Finds a Teacher
Page 1 of 1