Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Recapturing a old life

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

Recapturing a old life Empty
PostSubject: Recapturing a old life   Recapturing a old life Icon_minitime2010-03-11, 20:04

It was often said that you can't go home again. All Maire knew was that her son was here and that though she and Rensain had parted that they would forever be linked through Marcus.

The sharp scent of sea air filled her nostrils and the familar flow of the city was much like she remembered. She was glad to be back on land for the churning of the waves had caused her to feel quite disoriented. She had just gotten used to the sway of the ship and the adjustment of her gait when the ship came into port. She carried little for material items did not mean much to her. Possesions were baggage and she tried to rid herself of it for ease of not only physical travel but likewise mental.

Much had transpired in her time away. She had fought on whether to come back or not. In many ways she was starting all over again. Her parting had not been a bitter ordeal. She and Rensain had parted on terms that they both accepted and she was still very fond of him. She knew that a deep friendship was possible but they both had changed. She would seek him out to find out about Marcus first thing.

A soft smile crossed her face . Her son was her pride. Very much like his father he was destined to great things. She was excited to see how much he had grown and who he had taken after. Rensain and she both had dark hair and eyes, both were slender and had a dancers grace but genetics could be a fickle thing. He was older now and could have his own look so to speak.

Yes coming home again was not easy, memories flooded her and she fought to keep them in check. Armed with her satchel and a small bag of scrolls and tomes she made her way to a Inn. The streets had grown quiet and darkness snaked its way around the alleys filling them with shadows . She was not afraid of the dark by any means but caution was always prudent. Her cloaked figure sidestepped piles of refuse and horse droppings. The bottem of her skirts brushed against puddles of wash water and waste water that was thrown onto the streets by the local washerwomen.

She became a bit lost for it had been a few years. She found herself in a unfamilar part of town. Looking for a friendly face wasnt possible so she simply hoped to find a tavern to get directions.
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Recapturing a old life   Recapturing a old life Icon_minitime2010-03-15, 01:06

Two men came out of a door about a hundred feet from where Maire stood. Their arms were wrapped around each other as they attempted to hold each other up. Staggering towards Maire they didnt even notice her. Their voices rang out in a baudy song about a woman named Christine with blonde hair and her bedroom talents. Maire wrinkled her nose a bit as the smell of ale and sour bodies wafted past her. She made her way to where the men had come from and looked up to a sign that swung above a door. The wind blew the chains attached to the arm and a rough placard sign could be seen. A brown stylized nail inside a cup of ale let her know that this was indeed a tavern.

She opened the door and a cacophony of sound flooded into the street. Warmth , light and the smell of roasted meat and smoke and unwashed men hit her. Entering in her eyes flitted from patron to patron. She was looking for a semi friendly face. She didnt draw much notice at first. She wove her way through benches and tables to the bar. The bar wench eyed her for a moment then gave a nod"Miss you do look out of place here. We dont often see people of your class coming here. Unless they be wanting forbidden entertainments " she chuckled and wiped with a towel the place in front of Maire.

"What can I get you Miss?" Maire spoke loud enough to be heard to the buxom wench" I just need directions. I need to find a Inn where the beds arent infested with bedbugs and the food isnt found from the garbage piles" The wench leaned on the bar "Well your wont find that in this part of town. But if you go up the road about six streets you will find the main throughfare and keep walking and the accomadations will get better. I can get you a carriage if you dont want to walk. Its quite a walk and at night, the city guard doesnt usually come this far"

Maire nodded slowly"Very well, if a word could be sent to Lord Rensain I am sure he will send a carriage" The bar wenchs eyes widened" You are...he ...is a ...I heard he turns people to goblins to do his bidding. No one will go seek him out Miss."

Maire hid a smile " Well then just a hired carriage then. I wouldnt want anyone to be turned to one of those creatures living his life in servitude to Lord Rensain" The wench called out " Charlie , go find a carriage driver, I have a customer that needs one" she looked apologtic, " Miss it will cost you at this time of night and in this neighborhood" Maire gave a nod" I believe I will have enough to cover it"

The wench jumped as the barkeep yelled out " I dont pay you to gossip Bessie, there are tables that need clearing" Bessie patted the bar" Your carriage will be here in about a hour. If you need anything let me know Miss" Maire reached in her cloak inner pocket and pulled out a silver coin and pressed it at Bessie . "Thank you " Bessie eyes lit up and then she hurried to do her job . Maire leaned against a wall and waited as she listened to the idle gossip and off key singing of drunks. It was going to be a interesting hour indeed.
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Recapturing a old life   Recapturing a old life Icon_minitime2010-03-16, 16:47

The hour passed quickly through the usual amusements that a tavern full of drunks provided. The carriage driver came in and Maire gathered up her bag , careful to overstep the passed out man clutching his bottle that had fell at her feet earlier. Outside the couchman looked a bit nervously as he helped her into the carriage and put her one bag atop. Maire called out the window " I am off my way to Lord Rensains residence please" she had decided to go straight to see him and by pass the Inn.

"Will do Milady" and the carriage was off. The clip clop of the horses hooves upon the streets was rythmic and Maire became lost in a reverie. It had been a long journey and over the past two years things had changed, her whole life was a question mark at this point.

She fell asleep and was unware how much time passed. She woke with a slight start as the carriage door was pulled open. She had been far more tired then she had realized. With a quick hand she smoothed out her long raven hair and straightened her dress as she stepped out. "Thank you for coming so quickly." she pulled out a coin purse from her cloak and handed both the driver and the coach men more then they thought they would get. She gave a slight nod as they thanked her profusely . Bag in hand as the carriage left her, she readied herself mentally to see Rensain.....
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Recapturing a old life   Recapturing a old life Icon_minitime2010-03-16, 17:50

((OOC Note: We are continuing on the Everywhere Else board))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recapturing a old life   Recapturing a old life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recapturing a old life
Page 1 of 1