Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Starting anew...

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Willow

Willow

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-18, 02:03

Walking into the market area of Meriddia looking at the shops seeing if there where any availible and if none where maybe she could get a small patch of land to build on. Checking out the wares of some of the shops. Looking down at how she was dress compare to the others that were walking about she stuck out a bit. Dust covered from walking.." Am going to need to change some *she smiles thinking outloud* well first things first I should find a place to stay before it gets to late." she stops at in front of what looks like some sort of herbal shop...looking thru the window.
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-19, 08:25

Maire had been steeping various teas and sipping them. A tea broker had left some samples in hopes that she would try some to sell in her shop. She sat with a large kettle of water and a teaball and several cups. She would taste and close her eyes then write furiously in her notebook, the flavors and sensations she experienced along with the names of the teas. She had just finished up when she looked to see Willow peering into the shop window. Children at times would stand at the window, their hands cupped around their face trying to get a glimpse of the Lady married to Lord Caladore. Wondering if his wife was as mysterious as he was and daring each other to see if Lord Rensain would appear and perhaps turn them into mice for their trespass. It didnt bother Maire at all. If she was going to start a business she knew she needed the townspeople to accept her and the business.

She wasnt officially open yet. There was still much to do but Maire slid from her perch on the stool and opened the door. With the sound of banging and mens course shouts as they hung shelves, Maire stood and greeted Willow " Pleasent day, I am afriad I am not open yet. There is still a lot to do and I dont really have much stock. Can I assist you though?"
Back to top Go down
Willow

Willow

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-19, 14:03

She noticed the lady approaching.

" Good day to you m'lady. ~bow her head alittle~ I am new in town and actually was looking to get a glass making shop up and running. But I was looking and wondering do you have any Chamomile tea by chance? If you don't I would be willing to order some from you if you take orders that is."

~she watched the lady and then glanced around at the building.~

"Do you know who i contact to either rent a building or maybe rent some land to build on?"
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-21, 13:32

Maires brow furrowed slightly" I will make sure I order some. I am afraid my own growing of herbs is just starting. I am sending out for a few things to try to wait out the growing season. " She canted her head toward the cups of tea on the table she had been sampling." This seller has a wide variety of teas. He said if I ordered before the ship went out he could get back to me in two weeks." she gave a apologtic smile" I know that is a bit but if you would like some tea now I have a few jars of what I drink. It is a spice tea that reminds me of cozy nights by the fire"

She tapped her forefinger on her chin in thought. " I bought this land and property from a broker. I wanted to own instead of rent, so I havent seen any rental properties but two doors down , the building is empty. I believe that the owner spends a lot of time at the Inn. He is a short heavyset man who is partially bald. He likes to pretend he isnt but combing what hair he has over his pate" Maire gave a small giggle " you will see what I mean, but he seems to be a fair man. Offer him lunch and perhaps he could give you a good price or at least a lead on something that will suit your needs"

" I would welcome another shop owner, it will help the traffic to my store as well if we could fill this street and would help the market place as well"
Back to top Go down
Willow

Willow

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-21, 13:51

~she smiled and nods.~

"Am always looking for a good tea. If you don't mind I would be willing to try it."

~she shifts as she stands~

"Hmm I will have to go to the inn and talk to the gentlemen. "*she chuckles as the picture marie had painted in her head of the guy*

"I will have make sure I lay on the charm then." ~she smiled~

"Well if my store can help yours. You can count on me. I am opening a Glass making shop. I know how to create a variety of things so I hope it will go well. If you need an to store your wares. I would always give you the best deal for being so helpful to me."
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-21, 14:01

"That sounds ideal! By the way I should introduce myself, especially if we are to become neighbors so to speak. I am Maire Caladore..." she gave a bow of her head.

" I have always wanted to buy local as well so I am sure we can do some good business with each other" She moved to behind the table and rummaged in a wooden crate and pulled out a small tin of tea. Upon opening it would smell of cloves and cinnamon, all spice and other comforting toying fragrance.

" Its like drinking a cookie or so I was told by old friends. Take it and if you like it then I can manage some more. I will though be sure to get some of the other tea for you as well. " she looked around " I hope to be up and running fully in about two weeks. My shelves will slowly fill up as my own gardens produce but I have bought from overseas merchants as well. Merridia isnt conducive to all that I need to grow." she offered the tin to Willow.

" if you need names of craftsmen to make sure the building you choose is to your liking let me know, those that have worked for me have done excellent work for a fair price, starting up a business can be expensive so its nice to have recommendations"
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-21, 14:20

It had taken a lot for Artimus to venture into the city, his main fear was being spotted by anyone he knew; the chances of it increasing in this city as this used to be home for him.
He had had to come here, he knew he had to eventually, and with his daughter working Grorr, and him already checking Cape Salarain, that only left here or Draco.
And he had no wish to visit that cursed city just yet. So Meriddia it was.

He had a long robe on, a hood pulled up to hide his face. He had spent most of the day trying to gather information in his usual way - by sitting in taverns listening to people talking.
The only drawback with this method was the fact he had to drink more than one mug of mead if he wanted to stay for long periods.
And it only really worked if he checked all the taverns.

So it was that Artimus M Morningstar, former Captain of the Royal Guard, happened to be walking slowly down the street, glancing at his reflection in the shop windows.
He wasn't intoxicated, but he had been hard on the drink.

Some of the shops he knew from his time here, others were new.

Hello, this one was new. A tea shop. He liked a nice cup of tea. It might help him calm his head.

He opened the door and stepped inside the shop, lowering his hood to avoid scaring the occupants inside.

Inside were two ladies, which he glanced at in his usual way. One was clearly the owner - or at least tea-wench (his mind wondered what a bar-wench was called in a high-class establishment like this?), the other was.. a woman.

Damnit. He needed a cup of tea. The owner looked familiar. Had he met her before once?
He flashed his best smile, not wanting to interrupt their conversation.

Good day to you both he said. Would you be willing to allow me partake in the consumption of a cup of tea, at all?.

He hoped his breath didn't smell of mead too much. What would they think of him!
Back to top Go down
Willow

Willow

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-21, 14:26

"Pleasure to meet you Maire. I am Willow Cyin." She bow her head alittle as respect.

~Follows marie listening closely to her and nodding.~

~breathes in the scent~ "hmmm my that does smell wonderful. Oh you can never go wrong with a cookie."

~she chuckles softly~

" Thank you. ~takes the tin~ I can't wait to give it a try.

~nodding as she listens to her talk~

" Thank you Marie I will probably take you up on that. I could use all the help I can get here. I am fairly good with hand tools myself so if there is something that I can't make I will need someone to do so that will be a great help."

~fiddling alittle with one of her necklaces as her head starts to go thru with all this.~

"Yes I am going to have my things shipped here as soon as I have a shop in place or even a place to stay. Which going to the inn seems to be my next stop."
Back to top Go down
Willow

Willow

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-21, 14:32

~she tilted her head to the side seeing the man come up next to them as a grin came across her face as she wondered what was under the cloak.~

"Good day to you sir." ~as she looks to marie~
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-21, 14:38

Maire turned her head slowly to Artimus and gave him a appraising glance. His face looked familar but it had been years and she couldnt place him. She remained posed however and gave a amused grin. " I am planning on selling tea but my main focus is a apothocary. Do you need a tea that will cause unsuspecting woman to fall in love with you for a night? Or perhaps you wish to make sure you can last a night? " she nodded to the table" I really have nothing to sell but I have recieved many samples, that I plan to carry, please do help yourself"

She indulged him for he was rather good looking as well as polite. The fact that he might be someone she knew niggled at her mind as well. Perhaps he was a aquaintance of Rensains. She was rather frank , her nature when her curiosity was piqued. She took a two clean cups and filled them with the tea she had been sampling. It was a black tea with a hint of spice. " I seem to know you sir, though I must confess my memory is a bit faint. " she nodded to Willow to partake as well if she wished. There were four stools around the table and she she took one refreshing her own cup.

" I am Maire, Maire Caladore and this is my guest Willow." she didnt offer any more information about Willow. She felt the woman would offer what she wanted known." You are....?" Maires dark eyes stayed upon the man watching his mannerisms. Rensain was much better with names then she. She remembered faces however, though at the temple and in Merridia she had met a pleathra of people. " I apologize for forgetting such a handsome face, it must have been very long ago we met" she was fishing but playing coy in case this had been a very important person. She could tell that he was rather good natured however and so she wasnt worried about offending. She just prayed that the name of Caladore wouldnt cause a scene....
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-21, 14:49

He turned and looked at the other woman, who he definitely didn't know.
Hello to you
He went to lean casually on the counter, his eyes on her while the one he was sure he knew from somewhere spoke. His face kept the same grin on the whole time, while she joked (at least, he hoped she was joking) about his love life. Did she knew who he was, and was making some real pointed jib about him? He kept his face in the same expression, but it fell as she mentioned her name.
Caladore. CALADORE?? Oh... Artimus, what trap have you stumbled into now?

He quickly corrected his face, hoping she hadn't seen his reaction, then struck out his hand.

Fremell. Vimo Fremell. And you are.. related.. to Lord Rensain of Marloc? I knew him a while back. he lied, knowing if she knew who he was, the game was up anyway. Damnit.. he'd walked into Rensain's trap for him!
How had Rensain known he would come here? Was he that predictable. And damn him for not bringing a weapon with him.

He took the tea she offered, but didn't drink it right away. It must be poisoned...
He started to think of a way out of this trap.
Back to top Go down
Willow

Willow

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-21, 14:59

~grins and watching the man taking up the tea marie had place on the table she sips the tea and watching him closely he was handsome and very nice to look at. she just listened and watch the talking between the two of them sipping the tea.~
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-21, 15:03

Maire took his hand and shook it in the fashion of women. " Lord Caladore doesnt live in Marloc anymore. He has a home in the Thunderlands and works as Secetary of State for the King. I am his wife." she shook her head and gave a warm smile " I am sorry Sir Fremell your name doesnt ring a bell." she took her tea cup and drank from it a perplexed look on her face " Perhaps we met in passing, I was gone from Aegis for a while." she placed the cup down with a clink.

"I am sure that Rensain would be happy to greet a old acquaintance. He has offices at the castle if you would like to go visit him. He is busy but upon hearing a old friend was here he would make time I am sure." Her pretty face scrunched slightly in thought "Vimo ....that is a foreign sounding name where do you hail from if I may ask?"

She was completly unaware of the thoughts he had . She saw before a smiling, handsome man . " If this tea isnt to your liking I have others that the broker brought for me to try" she waved a hand over the many small tins that littered the table. She had noticed though he came in almost desperate for a cup of tea tha the hadnt touched his " I was attempting to try them all before the lady came, and then you." If he looked he would see a few parchments with neat feminine handwriting denoting all the teas , the cost and whether she had liked them or not.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-21, 15:13

Well this was certainly news to him.
Rensain wasn't in Marloc any more? And he was working for the.. King?
Was this all a trap set by the king to trap him and deliver him to Bathory?

What in the nine hells had happened while he was gone.

Wait.. what in the nine hells was he thinking.. WHAT King?

She was pushing him to drink the tea, although he realised that all three cups had been poured from the same teapot. He glanced over at the woman who wasn't married to Rensain, Willow wasn't it?

He sniffed the tea, not sensing any poison, but that was never a good test.

So, M'Lady Willow, how is the tea?

He sniffed once again, putting the cup to his lips, then lowered it and looked at Rensains' wife.

It was a long time ago, I'm sure he's forgotten me by now. . He raised the cup once again, waiting for any reaction from Willow before drinking.
Unless she was in on this trap too...
Back to top Go down
Willow

Willow

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-21, 15:24

~she looks at the handsome man~

"Mr. Fremell the tea is excellent." ~she flashes a smile~

~she then looks to marie~

"Well if you need someone to help you try teas I would be happy to help."

~finishes her cup of tea she places the cup down on the table.~

"What direction is the inn..in *she chuckled softly* I should go see that man about renting a store."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-21, 16:10

He is watching Willow very carefully, looking for any hint of suggestion that she is lying.
He curses himself for not only being foolish in coming to this wretched city, but for drinking one mead too many. It's clouded his judgement.

He can't see any hints on Willows face, and finally takes a sip of tea.

Mmmm. That is nice he says to both Willow and Rensain's wife, then lowers the cup, still holding it in his hands.
He pauses, just long enough to see if he can detect anything untoward in the tea, however he's not the worlds most knowledgeable person on tea.

He notices Willow watching him, almost staring at him. Was she a spy for Bathory? Were Bathory and Rensain now working together to trap him, by sending young women after him? Bathory knew his fondness, after all.
He turned to Rensains' wife, although he kept flicking his eyes back to Willow, and around the room, looking for any avenue for escape, should the worst happen.

You say Lord Caladore is now working for the King? Which King would his be? King Jared of Aurora?

He mis-said Jaric's name on purpose, wondering if he could catch them out.

So far the only escape option he could see was the large window. He was pretty sure he could smash through it with only receiving minimal damage to himself.
He realised he was staring at the window, and looked back to the two women.
He did half expect a portal to appear at any moment, and was preparing himself to avoid being shocked.
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-21, 17:55

Maire laughed and then looked to Artimus a bit closer" Mr. Fremell, you are joking right? Or perhaps you have been gone a while? Bathory married Vladimir Carthallion quite a while ago. He is the king and Jared was in Icehold for a while buthe returned and I assure you he is not the King. He and Lady Amarra and Ralean stopped by on their way to Merridia from being guests of a fashion of King Jaric." she looked slightly troubled" Last I knew Jared was off and had broken his engagement with the Lady while she was at our hous. Rensain took her to the King and I havent heard what has transpired as of yet"

She drank her tea and then spoke again" You know Aegis, it seems like you can blink your eyes and all has changed" she answered Willow " The Inn is just a street away, you will find it on the main marketplace. The food is good albeit plain fare. I am sure the shopkeeper will be there for lunch about now. He stays to gossip about the latest shipping news and such so I am sure you can catch him"

She directed herself towards Willow. " I know you are new in town as well. You must be prepared for there are times where Aegis seems very quiet and then out of the blue, all hell can break loose. I am sure Mr. Fremell would concur if he remembers much about the politics" she drained the dregs from her cup" You are welcome here anytime, as soon as your set up with your business I will order some jars from you and perhaps some things for my own home"
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-21, 22:32

Once again he kept his face steady as he heard all this news. This was a lot to take in, if it was all true.
He wasn't feeling any ill-effects from the poison yet, maybe he had been wrong about a trap.
Would they have not sprung it by now?

So, if this wasn't a trap, and Rensain's wife really was a tea-merchant; could she be telling the truth over all this too.

He did remember plans for a wedding between Vlad and the Queen, and he vaguely remembered Amarra chasing Jared around.

Yes, I have been away for a while he explained carefully. I am a merchant and have been away searching for new and exotic wares to peddle. And yes, this island can suddenly go from being very quiet to total chaos instantly.

Every passing moment made him more and more certain there wasn't a trap here.
Unless that was what they wanted him to think, and were waiting until he was off his guard...
"No.. Focus" he thought.

He turned back towards Willow

Why, I remember the time when the people of Glenn Haven paid us a visit. One minute I was fast asleep, the next I was racing down the hallway to the throne room. You must always expect the unexpected here. So, what manner of item do you deal in?

Back to top Go down
Willow

Willow

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-22, 01:21

~she nods as marie gives her directions making mental notes.~

" Well it just means that it will make living here very interesting."

~she nods at the mention of ordering from her~

~she listens and smiles.~

"Oh am into glass making. making anything from Jars to making fancy plates and anything glass."

~she leans on her hand alittle~

" I hope you will come visit some time...*looking directly at the man.*.. oh and you too marie. I can't wait to get my hands dirty and get to work."

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-22, 08:39

He glanced down to her hands as she mentioned them. They were very dainty and lady-like.

The manner of the conversation between these two ladies did appear to be genuine, and continuing on from what was being said as he walked in. Surely even rensain himself couldn't have been THAT forward thinking, could he?

"You're getting paranoid" Art thought to himself. "This kind of thinking can get you killed."

He took a small breath out, to regain control of himself, then took a larger drink of the tea.
It was very nice; and calming too. He certainly felt better.

So, glass. How strong can you make glass? A small idea was forming in his mind.

And do you do commissions?
Back to top Go down
Willow

Willow

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-22, 12:35

~she smirks at art~

"If I can't make it thick enough I will figure out a way. And commissions are always welcomed. I have some blacksmiting in my background too if any of the glass pieces need anything extra."

~she plays with her necklaces looking at him trying to figure out what his story was~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-22, 13:31

Then I shall have to pay your shop a visit, once you have set it up.
I may have a very special item I need creating.
he says with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Willow

Willow

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-22, 14:00

~she smiles and nods~

" Any business with be greatful. Well I should be off I don't want to miss the gentleman that I need to see about that shop." ~she stands up and straightens her outfit.~

"Marie thank you for the tea. I will be a regular over here."

~she grins~

"And to you sir. I look forward to the next time we meet."

~she grabs her staff from the floor and her bag and puts it around her.~

"I can't wait to see the final product."

~she walks to the door~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-22, 14:03

No, he couldn't wait to see it, either. If it was makable in the first place.

He felt a small shudder as she left though; he was now alone with the wife of the man Artimus hated.
Well, Artimus hated him, but this Vimo Fremell - whoever the hell he was - didn't.

He smiled at Mrs. Rensain.
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime2010-07-22, 14:46

Maire bade Willow goodbye and good luck with her hopeful acquistion of a building. She turned her attentions to Artimus "Rensain and I do so love to entertain. Why dont you come for dinner next week? I will let Rensain know your in town and you can see our new mansion. I must admit its quite a bit of a differnt landscape then the swamp. " she smiled " I am sure he will be happy to reacquaint himself with you and I would like to get to know you better."

She began to put away the small tins of tea and then set a few aside . She pushed them toward him and with a warm smile she spoke" Please have these, I see that you like tea and it is my gift to you. If you like them be sure to come back because I do plan on selling them, along with some of my own special brews" she gave a sly smile " and if you do need help with the ladies, well I do have some nice giftings of perfume and bath salts that I will be making right here. Ladies do like pretty things along with handsome men"

She looked at her notebook , thumbing through it as she comtemplated " I will have to check with Rensains schedule. Vladimir has him busy but I am sure that Rensain can find time for a dinner party, how can I get a hold of you to let you know of a date?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Starting anew... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting anew...   Starting anew... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting anew...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cities :: Meriddia-
Jump to: