Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Empty
PostSubject: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-07-31, 11:33

Maire had been rushing downstairs when she spotted the flowers. Reading the note , her brow furrowed as she questioned the workman in the room who was finishing the shelves. "Did you see who brought this?" The workman spoke " I believe it was a young lady Lady Caladore. I wasnt paying much attention. " She nodded and walked absently back up stairs to her personal chambers. Her mind became absorbed in who could have sent the note.

She began to deduce that it couldnt be her husband, he would tell her to her face if he lied. No one new had come into her life that Rensain didnt know and really nothing but common knowledge had passed. It could have been Amarra for the two had shared confidences but that didnt ring true with Amarras personality. She would be the type that also would have spoken in a different way. Flowers were a mans gesture, not usually a womans.

She had no problems with the workers in her shop, and the only person she had talked to , that was male in the past week besides the workers and her husband was Mr. Fremell. She sat down at her desk and began to write. A invitiation to the man, the one that she had promised. She hadnt talked to Rensain about it but if she could speak to Mr. Fremell again perhaps she could cross him off the list.

Downstairs she commendered one of the wokers" I need a message delivered to the Dancing Gnome tavern, can you take it on your lunch hour? I am wanting to get in touch with one of the guests there" The workman cocked a brow" Lady unless you be wanting a cockroach you wont be finding any guests there. It burnt down some years ago" Maire simply nodded "Very well , I must have misunderstood the name of the Inn" She bid the workman to continue as she moved to the window. Curiouser and curiouser....she was going to have to seek out this Mr. Fremell.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-07-31, 12:39

Artimus knew he was still taking a risk coming back to the city, but as long as he remained careful, he hoped he wouldn't get caught.
He had his disguise on once again; the long cloak with the hood pulled up.

His main objective was to try and get a look at the Palace, a place he knew well as it had been his home for a number of years.

He cautiously walked down the streets, head down but eyes scanning the area. He avoided the patrols, acting unsuspiciously.
He spotted a large group of people heading in his direction and took a diversion into another street. Up ahead he spotted the tea shop, owned by Mrs Rensain. Curiosity got the better of him as he passed, and he glanced in to see how the final preparations were coming along.
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-07-31, 15:00

[[so could have mis read it but i took it as he was standing outside so if i am wrong please forgive me, brain is a bit foggy haha]]

She was back within Aegis again, and this time it was different. She was different. Perhaps only very subtle, but there was a brightness to her that was not there her previous times since she had been within Aegis. Walking the streets of Meridda reminded her so much of Disideri and even Westral, it was becoming very much a familiar place to her, a place she might even dare say as a second home. It was that thought exactly which had brought her back to Aegis. She had much to discuss with her dear friend on personal and professional topics.

But her mind was in too many places that day. A smile across her face was clear to be seen, off set by her soft jade green hues. Locks of golden hair fell loosely much like the fabric of her cream colored dress, simple yet still elegant. She did not feel to dress like royalty within Aegis or even for that matter at Castle Asharien. It was a simple joy of being a woman within the crowed streets, no one knowing her, just another face.

Within her hands she carried pristine white belladonna lilies wrapped in tan parchment, her other hand occupied as well with a small leather bag. She have come back from Westral after her visit within Castle Asharien and as she promised Maire since their last talk she had acquired some rarities from her home land. Her gaze like her mind was not all too focused, the slow pace she walked left for much room for her gaze to wander the streets the people, even the simple corridors that left little to be desired. She herself was perhaps a bit lost though it did not look it. Spending the last hour or so within the city's looking for the tea shop she was unaware of where exactly it was, in fact she was using more her tracking abilities than anything. But non the less she was simply enjoying the day, enjoying the light mood which was upon her. It had been so long since she felt this well, she was riding the coat tails for as long as possible. A sigh of relief came, a pause in her motions and squint of her eyes she could see the tea shop in the distance. She only hoped that Maire would be within. As steps moved her further she caught a figure, cloaked, his face completely hidden as his back was to her simply standing and staring. An odd thing to her indeed. But a simple shrug of her shoulders pushed her own curiosity away. Intuition was a great thing and no warning signs were being lit off, just the slightest raise of an eyebrow.

Finally she reached the tea shop, only a few steps away from the stranger before her who stood in front looking upon it.

"Excuse me M'Lord. Did you just come from this tea shop? " Her voice was soft and sugary sweet.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-07-31, 16:21

((Yep, he's outside Smile Just in case you missed his description, he's got longish blonde hair, which is short on top, and a small goatee at the moment. His hair is mostly covered by the hood. Oh, and.. Green eyes... and white lilies... Oh boy! I take no responsibilities for his thoughts Smile))

He turned at the sound of the voice, looking straight into the green eyes of the lady. Green eyes. He felt a stab in his heart, but brushed it away, hoping nothing was betrayed on his face.
He did not recognize the lady; she must have arrived since he left. His eyes scanned her, but kept going back to those darn green eyes.

Her complexion told him she was a lady of some nobility, that and her hair. She clearly wasn't a peasant judging by the fabric of her dress. She was holding some white lilies - white lilies! This was like his own personal hell - and a leather bag.
Her accent told him she wasn't a native to the island.

No, I didn't, although I have visited this shop and can heartily recommend the...er... black... tea. He realized he had no idea which blend it was he had last time, and perhaps his judgement was clouded simply because the tea didn't kill him a she feared it would.

Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 08:31

When others stared at her it usually never bothered her. Such a simple thing almost denied her any true chance that she would in fact give that individual the time of day. But him, and as a few others that she had come across her life especially in Aegis there was something different about this man before her. An almost longing but nothing that simple it was deeper and almost painful. His intent to continue to stare not at her body but her green irises was only adding to her sense of curiosity about this man.

"Ah well I will have to keep that in mind thank you M'Lord."

She stood there for a moment almost awkwardly. As he had guessed she was in no way a native and even though she had been within Aegis for some time, she still did not seem to have her wits about her. Every face was new to her, only really a handful of people she knew. And perhaps it was a strange thing to do what she did next but it was out of respect, for she never knew who she was going to meet within these streets. His exterior did not speak much to her but only drew to her small pieces of information that she assumed.

"I am fairly new to Meriddia, just here to visit a friend of mine. My name is Letala"

A smile again was stretched across her pale pink lips as she finished her introduction.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 09:46

((I'll wait for Maire to make a move first, I'm pretty sure she's standing inside the shop, looking out of the window at the pair of us))
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 10:43

She had been standing at the window but not really seeing for a few moments. She wasnt exactly sure what Mr. Fremell had been lying about beyond that he was staying at a Inn that had burned down years ago. When the wheels in her mind finally stopped turning she notcied him outside speaking to Lady Letala. She was delighted with the fact that the Lady was there. They had had such a pleasent visit and dinner. Maire had decided she definitely wanted to know Letala more.

Now Mr. Fremell....she non chalently moved to the door and the with the tinkle of bells that indicated the door was open she moved to greet them. She smiled winningly at Mr. Fremell " I want to thank you for the beautiful flowers . I was going to send you a note to thank you for them and invite you to dinner, alas I misunderstood the name of the Inn you were staying at." she left it at that and turned her attentions to Letala" Lady Letala! what a pleasure to see you again. Is it happenstance that you came by or did you come to see my new shop? It isnt ready yet but tell you what, why dont you and Mr. Fremell come in and have some refreshment. I have some tea and on my way this morning , I stopped by the bakery for some sweet rolls. I can give you tour but I would love to have some company."

The quarters upstairs where she had planned on entertaining business associates away from the front shop was done. They would have privacy from the workmen still laboring down below and Mr. Fremell perhaps would give her some more clues about this lie .....She looped a arm with both of them determined not to broke a refusal. She was happy to see Letala and with her sharp wit she was sure that Mr. Fremell would be entertained and perhaps let some of his guard down so that Maire could find out more about him.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 10:58

He turned to this Lady Letala, on the point of extending his hand to greet her when he heard the shop door bell ring, and the door open. He spun around, his old guard training kicking in, and faced Mrs. Rensain once again.

He listened to her talk about the flowers, glad they were delivered safetly, then realised she already knew Lady Letala. This was interesting.

He found himself being pulled along upstairs, he offered no resistance of course, although his natural reflexes cause his arm muscles to expand.

Once upstairs, and alone with these two women, he started thinking what to do next. He hadn't come here for trouble, just information about the Palace. Yet, if these two knew each other, maybe he could get some more information out of them.

Now, what had told her that he did? Damn his head from the other day. He could barely remember the stories he told!

He turned back to Letala.

Ah yes, hello. I am.. Was it Vincent, or Vernon? Something like that... Vino? Oh damn him!
Fremell, please call me Fremell.

He turned back to Mrs. Rensain.

I do like what you've done with this place....
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 12:08

The ring of the bell alerted her ears and pulled her attention from Art. Her head turned to see Maire. A smile upon her face, as she greeted her, her own hands she was going to extended but already occupied she simply bowed her head, her focus now seemingly upon Maire, her mind though still traveled to the stranger. She did not get many words in but spoke through her expression as a hand was wrapped up within Maire's.

She listened to them both speak, waiting almost for a point to get her own words in. Sitting within the room now she sighed resting the floors delicately upon the ground next to her the bag she laid in her lap. Fingers fiddled with loose strands of hair before she looked between the two.

"I am glad I was able to catch you. I was hoping you were within the shop. I have returned from my home and as I promised I have some herbs from you from my own collection native to Westral. I was on my way to the Palace to see Ava but I did desire to see you as well, I hope you and Rensain are well."

She would hand the bag to Maire that smile still upon her face. It felt good to sit. Traveling she loved, but at times it did drag upon her spirits. So much had gone on for her it was greeted with much welcome the moment to sit and drink with friends. Her last visit with Maire was very pleasant even though she worried greatly of the possible awkwardness that could have taken over. Maire was kind and she too wished to know more the of Lady.

"But listen me go on and on, feel free to look at it later it seems that this gentleman needs your attention more than I."
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 14:41

She seemed very pleased with the herbs that Letala bought" You will have to instruct me on their uses! It will give you and I another excuse to see one another again" she smiled warmly and took the bag placing it carefully upon a small table. She looked to Mr. Fremell " Mr. Fremell and I met a few days ago. He knows Rensain but has been away for a while. Much has changed it seems since he was last in Aegis."

She went to the fire and with a potholder carefully removed the kettle of water to make tea. As she busied herself she contented herself to chit chat " Lady Letala how long will you be in Aegis this time? I know that Rensain and I were hoping to have a dinner party and I would be honored if you could make it. Things are up in the air right now because of Rensains schedule but as soon as it slows down I will be making out the invitations" She took the sweet rolls out of their paper and placed them upon a plate setting it for the two to help themselves while she finished the tea" You of course Mr. Fremell will be invited. It will give you a chance to get reaquainted with everyone once again and I know you and Rensain will have plenty to talk about"

The tea steeped and the fragrance wafted through the modest sitting room. It was comfortable but not ostetacious just as her home was. Tasteful for friends and business associates that she might run accross. A silver tray joined the plate of sweet rolls and Maire the consummate hostess poured the tea and handed the cups to the two guests. A small silver bowl of sugar and a small pitcher of cream were for the trios use. Maire sat and her eyes moved from one to the other." I am so glad you both came by. I have been busy finishing but should be open the day after next and then the real work begins...."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 15:42

Artimus waved his hand as Letala mentioned he needed more attention, but remained quiet and removed his hood and cloak. His mind was racing. Why had he sent the flowers as an apology only to continue festering the lie? He had intended to come clean with Rensain's wife; not today, he hadn't intended on entering the shop today, but at some point in the future. After all, he needed a good supply of tea, and she had the best he'd tasted by a long time.

But this new lady posed a problem for him. She had mentioned the Queen by first name, so was obviously close with her.
If he were a wanted man, she would surely tell Bathory about his re-appearance.
Yet something about her made him feel calm. He took a deep breath and prepared himself.

Lady Letala, Lady Caladore. Please forgive my earlier subterfuge. My name is not Fremell He turned to Maire and bowed humbly.
I do indeed your know your husband, but it was not on the best of terms. The apology I sent was sincere, and to say sorry for using not only a false name, but also a false address. However if he really is such a changed man, I am slightly eager, if nervous, about meeting him once again. He paused for a moment, running his hand through his hair, an old habit he had had for many years.
The tea really is nice he said, hoping to change the subject.
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 21:53

The tea was greeted with a smile just as she did with the others, delicate fingers wrapped around the glass drawing it to her pale pink lips. A small sip was taken though it was sweet to her and she savored it. The softest of sounds was made as she placed the glass down a look of great satisfaction upon her face.

"I do hope that it will be a long trip, and as always I would be gracious to come to Thunderlands. There is actually much I wish to talk to Ava about and would like to stay to work out the details. And as always I do enjoy just traveling around Aegis, it gets me away from the stress of my life back home."

She almost elaborated but stopped herself. She did not feel it was the right moment to talk of such things, she was not sure if Ava would even agree to her proposal. Just as she has placed the cup down she went to grab for it once more, But her motions were paused as she heard Art speak of his deception. Interesting in deed she thought, her intuition always one step ahead of her, she wondered why she still doubted it. Her curiosity was at a peak now. Drawing the cup to her lips one more she was fairly quiet. Unsure if she should even comment upon his infraction or let Maire handle it seeing as he was there for her.

She had no business with this man, but there was a slight annoyance, lying was by far her biggest pet peve. Honesty one of the highest attributes she cherished. And to lie about a name and who one was usually sparked red flags, that someone was running from something or someone. A slight clearing of her throat came between the awkward moment she felt was placed from the man's confession.

"Then good sir what is your name? To lie to such a noble lady like Mrs. Rensain here surely strikes me as odd and raises flags in my mind."

She continued slowly sipping her tea between question, her voice light, cheery even, an odd quality she had, even when she interrogated people, there was never a raised tone.
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-02, 13:02

Maire arched a brow and intertwined her fingers on her lap. Her dark eyes were unreadable and the silence streched for a moment. She choose her words carefully" Yes what is your name then? I understand my husband has the reputation of not being a easy man he he doesnt like being crossed by any means. I could let that slide to a point. " She kept her back ramrod straight " What I dont care for is that your actions have the potential to make me look the part of the fool in front of Lady Letala. " She picked up her cup and took a small sip her eyes reamining on Artemis.

" Deception can cause one to lose their life. Your apology is accepted and I will not let this taint future dealins and will not tell my husband of your lie but in return I ask a boon of you. One of my choosing, one that will not cost you your life or property or reputation but I choose the time and place. Then your deception will be forgotton and never spoken about again...at least from my lips." she glanced over to Letala she could not speak for her silence on the matter.

Rensain was not a man to be crossed and she could understand the need for descretion. Especially after he had heard her name. His lies were not harmful, but he had confessed in front of Letala and having hoped that she and the Lady could form a friendship she could not let that go...and so she awaited his answer.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-02, 13:14

Artimus straightens his back, cup held in his hands, not hint of nervousness from them.
May name is Artimus Morningstar. Former Captain of the Royal Guard as he said this he looked at Maire, certain she would recognise him now; he had seen her flash of recognition when they originally met, the same as he had of her.

I no longer hold rank, nor position within the Royal household. he added, as if they didn't realise what "Former" meant.

What I said to you the other day about being away for a while was perfectly true, and I admit much has changed since I left. As for why I returned... They hadn't asked, but he was certain that would have been one of their next questions.

I returned for love. When I left, I left behind a lady of some importance to me. I returned to find her. He sighed deeply and put his cup down on the table.

That is perhaps a story for another day. However, for the time being, I would appreciate some discretion on my return. Lady Caladore, I accept your boon and remain, humbly, in your service. he gave a small bow, looking - despite his clothing - every bit the honest and noble soldier.

He turned to Letala.

And you as well, M'Lady. Once more he gave a small bow.

He realised this could backfire on him, but damn that woman and her green eyes.
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-02, 13:27

She searched her memory. It had been years ago. She hadnt had Marcus yet when she and Rensain had spent much more time at the castle and she had sat on a council meeting with him. She remembered him now that he had identified himself but it was like a ghostly whisper. She relaxed slightly and then spoke, there was no malice in her tone.

"I do remember you but I must admit it is vaguely. If you are looking for honest work I might have a job that will provide you some place to live and give you some money to spend...for if you are as charming as you seem I have a feeling you will be buying many more boquets of flowers" she gave a slight smile that became hidden behind the rim of her teacup. " We can speak business later but for now let us all get acquainted better and speak of more pleasent things"

The cup was set down and she reached for a sweet roll. Faint sounds of the workmen could be heard below and on the street the sound of wheels upon the dirt streets grinding away on unknown errands. The window was open and a soft sea breeze flowed over the room as Maire waited upon the conversation of her compainons for tea.
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-02, 19:57

Letala was not one to over step bounds even though her comment might lead to other thoughts. But she sat simply listening to the man's confession and the proclamations and strikings of deals between him and Maire. Her own eye could not help but arch in the slightest of way as he turned to her and spoke of the man being in her service, something she did not feel the need to do. She was nothing but an bystander caught in the crossfire in her eyes but none the less there was something charming about the man who lied before her and she only simply nodded while continuing in her quiet repose.

Other words were taken as well mulled over not just his deceleration of service to both ladies. The talks of his past position and love did sounds of a long story surely with much twists and turns, but she did believe Maire was right, light talk was to be had. For herself was light, and had no thoughts of how she could put Arts promise to good use.

"This is fantastic tea, Maire if you have enough I would love to purchase some to take home with me. It will be a bit of Aegis when I travel yes?"

She smile softly again green eyes holding the natural day light within. Her gaze slowly rested upon Art now. Lips pressed against the tea cup before resting it upon the table.

"And if I might ask M'lord for I am new within Aegis, where have you traveled since your time away? Mayhaps we have crossed paths and didn't even know it, for I must travel due to past and current duties."

A finger would pull upon strands of her golden hair pressing it back behind her ear, her posture perfect, nothing seemed to show but pure sweetness and pleasentires as she sat there and talked with the man and Maire. Aegis seemed to hold much intrigue for her a past that each day unfolded a new door for her to view the long history of this place. It was exciting and new, and so far relatively stress free.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-02, 20:20

He listened to Mrs. rensains acceptance of his apology. Had it been an acceptance? He wasn't sure. However her offer of work piqued his curiosity.

I thank you for the offer, M'Lady, but I'm currently pre-occupied. For the time being at least. he flashed her a smile. Not his famous cocky grin, but a warm smile.

Perhaps in a few months time when circumstances have changed around me? He was certainly curious what sort of job she would want from him. Delivery boy? Tea Blender? Bouncer? He considered pressing her for more information about the job, perhaps pretending he would take it, only to back away and offer some stupid excuse not to take the job. But given the recent web he caught himself up in, he felt it was best to be straight with her. Well, straight without actually revealing what it was he was doing that was so important.

He turned to Letala.

I originally travelled to a small nation state, deep in the foothills of.. please forgive me as I forget the name. From there I visited several towns and cities, although I was unfamiliar with their names.
I became shipwrecked on a small island somewhere on the Evarath sea, which is where I spent a large amount of my time, until finally managing to free myself and return here.
He held her eyes - those green, hypnotic eyes, oh... those green eyes! - as he related his story, showing no hint of lying.

I would be honoured to show you around. At some point. If you wish it. Not right now of course, he had matters to attend to for the next few days. Wait. What was he saying? He couldn't be walking around in plain sight. Not yet at least.
Yes, honoured. Dammit!
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-02, 20:51

" When you are ready let me know, you can probably always meet me via the shop. If you wish you can send me a message as well to Vladimirs old estate in the Thunderlands. He gave it to Rensain and so that is where we dwell now" She smiled to Letala " I would be delighted to give you some tea. Let me go downstairs and gather a few kinds up. A trader came earlier this week and I ordered much and he left me all his samples"

She stood and bowed to excuse herself " Please help yourself to more tea and rolls and I shall return in a few moments" She almost seemd to glide out the room leaving the two to their conversation. Downstairs she checked on the workmen and then found the small tins of tea for Letala. She even bothered to put a few together for Artimus. She decided that she didnt want just plain paper bags. As Letala was a special acquaintance she packaged the tea in a linen bag and tied it carefully with a lavender ribbon. She had hoped that her teas eventually would be a sought after item with royality and with common folk. Her own special blends would be coming soon but ingredients did take time to grow.

She was so enjoying the encounters she had already had with having the shop open. She had found a niche that she was very happy with. Having Letala and Artimus gave her a idea to expand. She could offer a place for society to come and have fine tea and bakery goods. A deal perhaps with the local bakery. A place for ladies to gather when they were out that was a step above the Inn. She was delighted and decided to see what Letala thought as she took the cloth bags and made her way upstairs.
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-02, 21:14

"You are far too kind Lady Maire." She would smile to her a moment before she saw her glide so gracefully from their presence.

A moment between the two now silence. Her mind upon his words, a smirk she had to hide. For it was not this person that made such a flutter of laughter bubble inside her but the words, such simple words reminded her of Lord Rensain, the last individual who had pressed his charm upon her wishing to show her about Meriddia. A simple irony that befell her mind that she could not help but think upon. And in truth there was no similarity between the two, and perhaps her mind was over working even tying in such a similarity. Another generous drink of tea was given as lips received the delicate tea cup.

"Well M'lord it seems that you have fought quite the odds yes? I am sure it is a blessing to you to be back on solid ground that you are familiar with, even if much as changed."

She was very jovial, kind, nothing about her threatening or leading one to believe that she was nothing but a lady, how far that went she did not wish to divulge, not that she was ashamed of her titles not but she was never one to push them upon people, expecting a sense of honor and respect. It in her mind almost weeded out the ones who would lie and deceive, if those would treat her with great respect out of the person whom she was not a crown held more clout.

"And I shall have to take you up on your offer, one day. I know Ava would like me to see all that there is to offer of Aegis, she would herself but I know she is simply so busy."

Green eyes, her jade irises that he kept staring into looking at in a way that only one other did. It no doubt something she was fairly curious about but she did not pry. Not yet at least.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 03:21

So, Rensain and his new wife were living in Vlad's old home. Presumably because Vlad was now living at the palace. Well, that told him pretty much what he had originally come here for.
And the new Mrs. Rensain. What to make of her. She was so kind; but then didn't Rensain have a knack for picking the sweet ladies? Still, he presumed at least this one didn't need Rensain to go throw a stick for her every month, or take her for walks on a lead.

But, the question went through his mind, why would he need to contact her at home for this job? Why not in here? His curiosity was piqued even more now. He loved a good mystery to solve.

Yes, I shall be in touch. he said.
His eyes watched her leaving the room and he gently took another sip of the fine tea. Was this a different blend from last time, or was he just more sober? Regardless, it was very nice.

His eyes flicked back to Letala once again as she spoke of the Queen, his senses once again on high alert.

Yes, it is good to be back, despite all the changes. I am slowly getting re-aquatinted with people, although it still very strange to find people you once knew as enemies are now friends, and friends now enemies.

He held her gaze, looking every bit the alert guard his training had given him. he sipped his tea, blinked and went straight into another question.

Tell me, do you know where Queen Bathory is at the moment? His tone remained light and conversational, but his eyes held that aura of deadly seriousness.
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-05, 21:25

As he spoke of enemies she could not help but her mind wander. Oh how it had been doing that far too often lately, yet for the first time it was going back to negative thoughts. An odd smile upon her lips as she listened to his words and called back to her own life where how odd it was to see such a thing. People were so unpredictable. Even as her mind lingered to people from past she could not help but let those rolling thoughts meditate upon the man that surely he thought of.

Rensain. Such an array of ups and downs came with the man whom she had first cast eyes upon as she stepped upon Aegis soil. She could not call it deception those others would, it was simply a fact, as so many things as Art spoke of, the odd nature how one could twist and turn from one thing to the next. Eyes held that glassy gaze as she sat silent glancing upon him with those green eyes of hers that he seemed so overwhelmingly drawn to.

As he mentions the queen a bit of a spark came to light the dim hues. She was drawn back into conversation, pulled away from the silent conversations in her mind.

"Ah yes the Queen. Ava as I know it should be within the palace. She is expecting me. Or I hope at least that she got my note that I wished to see her. Seeing as you held a position in the royal guard you must know her well. She has been a dear friend to me for many years now."

Lips would pull to the tea cup, drawing in the last sip of the refreshing tea. She would laugh now, a soft purr coming from her parted lips.

"Yes it is a strange thing for enemies to become friends and friends enemies. Ava and I did not necessarily get along at first, or perhaps it was me just reading her wrong. Such a funny thing fate plays yes?"

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-06, 03:35

He took a sip of his tea - this really was better than he remembered - and noticed her fascination with his fascination about her eyes.

Yes, I knew The Queen well; but I'm not sure it would be fair to say we were close friends. I sometimes get the impression that had I not been the Captain of the guards, she would have had me killed.

He broke his gaze away, lowering his eyes, remembering the time she beat him, leaving him bruised, battered and broken. Oh yes, there was no doubt in his mind that were it not for his position, she would have just killed him.

He drew in a breath and took another large gulp of tea, noiselessly. He remained silent for a short moment, thinking through some of the other events he had witnessed, and partaken of. Had he not been feeling so, he would have smiled at the idea of Letala not getting on with the Queen at first meeting.
He had been witness to countless "first encounter" situations, during his days of standing in the throne room, and not all of them went well.

He finished his tea with another large gulp and looked back up. There were no hints of tears in his eyes, but if you could read expressions, then regret would be one very much in evidence on his face.

Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-06, 09:39

Since being within Aegis she had come to hear of the negative side to her dear friend. Rensain outspoken about her motives within the realm and now Art, a stranger to her speaking of damages done in the past. It made her mind wonder almost laugh. Ava such the controversy, and was it not much like Asriel? Were those two not so similar that it only made sense that she would choose to dive head first into such relationships, despite the pit of snakes that could possibly await her? Perhaps it was a curse, or a mere fact she was loyal, she tried to see the good in all that she came across. She would rarely turn a blind eye to those that she came across. Only a handful of individuals who had only be negative thoughts flow as her mind lingered to their names and faces. But Ava, had she not once thought the same thing, almost ashamed of such, she had pushed here into the loathsome category of those that doubted her intentions with Asriel. But paths were smoothed as fate had it and now both find each a friendly counterpart. Yet Letala was no fool, she knew Ava was a formidable enemy, even as a friend would weave plans unknown to her. But Ava was kind to her an trusted her, and that is all that mattered was it not?

That small humors irony faded as she saw the pained look of regret pouring from Arts gaze. Regret was something she knew all too well. It loomed over her head at time, almost unbearable, breaking her, pushing her to question, to wonder the one question that no answer would ever come, what if?

Hands rested upon her lap now, and those hues never leaving his face locked upon such a sad expression.

"Regret such a terrible thing yes? My father always said those who live in regret only live a half life. But its hard to not regret to not wonder.."

Her gaze now held that glassy haze once more, a pause as she called upon her own regrets, ranging from so much. Her life within the Underdark, her life in Westral , her days in Disideri but surely the one that stung the most was her regret of not cherishing the moments to their fullest that she had with her mother. Tears wanted to come oddly, as she saw the smiling face of her dear parted mother. But a sweet caring smile was placed upon her face instead, pushing her own sadness from her eyes.

"But I know my father for as much as he will pride about the crippling ability regret has, that he holds it with my mother, as do I, we both regret the time we shared, how we took it for granted. It is only human of us to regret."

The sweet smile would curve into a slight smirk, her lips turned to such a manner. 'It is only human' her mind scoffed. Her father was not the prejudice Drow as most, yet he did hold some, and that was one of them, the supposed human emotions he blamed mother for, that made him softer. But it was only in just, only a true love, a powerful thing indeed kept those two together. And it was a fate that bond the two till her death.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-06, 11:48

He placed his cup and saucer on the table, now having finished, and held the eyes of Letala, not having realised his expression was so obvious.

Regret. Yes, that can be a powerful emotion. There are many things I have done in the past that I regret, yet oddly, many more things I do not. I look back on some of my past mistakes and think, "Where did I go wrong?" because truth be told, many of those choices I made, I would make again in the same circumstances.

What in the nine hells was he thinking? He'd only just met this lady and here he was pouring out his innermost feelings. Feelings that certain people he could think of had taken a long time to reach. And here he was just handing them on a plate to her? Must be those darn green eyes.

He smiled at her as these thought went through his head, and the revelation of something she had said earlier....

You mentioned you were on your way to visit the Queen? He kept his tone light, as if still in conversation. One thing he realized is, after all those years of service, he could never think to call her simply "Ava".
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime2010-08-07, 01:23

Had she shown enough of herself with this stranger, almost more than she would like. Strictly within the words that spoke loudly in silence thought passed glances. Maybe he was in fact speaking louder than he wished, or perhaps she was simply just sensitive to such a subject matter.

The words he asked very important indeed, words she asked more than she would like to admit. And the truth of it all, the at times hard to stomach that her mishaps were her choice, and they were. She was at times placed within situations where she had no control but she chose the path once placed in such a situation, and would she in fact do it the same way? The pain the violence she had experienced, why would one wish to relive that, the heartache, the darkness that almost consumed her and pushed her dangerously close to the point of no return. Why would she wish that upon herself let alone anyone in her shoes, for she knew the own pain she had caused those she crossed paths with.

Obviously Asriel, was the one who rang the loudest in such a statement as her mind lingered to her own thoughts about the subject matter. Would she do it again, yes she would, yes she did. Going back to someone who had wronged her so many times, and would she do it again. A pause in her mind but undoubtedly yes.

"Yes, I know that feeling all too well. It is a strange thing to think of where I am now, how people have been strung into my life in ways that I did not expect and how I have made mistakes perhaps by choosing such a path to follow them, But it has formed me who I am today..."

Her own eyes would hold a sadness now, a reflection, the images flashed in her mind, on constant repeat. It was his next question that broke the cycle, the question of the Queen. Ava was never a queen to her when they first meet and even now, titles meant little to her. Even now with talks of politics she was always simply Ava. As she was to her. At worst Ava saw her as foolish woman. A foolish woman making the wrong decision, but it was all in concern for fundamentally they were friend.

"Yes, we have much to discuss on personal and political matters. I was hoping to buy some land, build a home here. I am very fond of Aegis thus far, and I must admit it would make a good place to have a home, get away from my own realm if need be at times. "

It was then she began to wonder, how did Art see her. That statement alone surely spoke she was of money, most likely assumed by marriage. She had yet to stake claim to anything and almost avoided it. Being stereotyped was one thing she detested but she knew it was there and would always be. Her real motives she kept hushed as promised but it was in fact the truth, she had been meaning of talking to Ava about stalking some claim upon her home land as a resident, She did not know how the men of her life would feel of it, but she had been feeling fairly rebellious, it was her life and time to live it for her, even if duty tired to tie her down. She was determined make it a reality, to have it all, the duty and the life she wished for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell   Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for the Mysterious Mr. Fremell
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cities :: Meriddia-
Jump to: