Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 10:46

~she looked at him and looked sad~

"I can't just walk out of here... ~the emotion getting the best of her as she wavers and starts to fade out for moment.~

~she cleared her throat and got herself under control.~

"My captain.. follow me..."

~she moves over to the area that was damaged...they had made a stone likeness of where she had come out of the floor and it was laying there.~

"This is where it happened...but I have hidden something...something I wanted to give to you..."

~she moved to the wall and moved a couple of books. As some light shined on the locket that was under them.~

"You need to take this..."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 11:03

It was all starting to come together in his head now. Why everyone seemed to think she had died, why she couldn't leave the library... He started going back into shock again, but picked up the locket.

Indis...

He opened it, looking at the pictures inside.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 11:11

~seeing a picture of indy and art together smiling and a younger about 5 year old jade on the other side~

~she walked over to him as she places her hand on him this time not able to hold her solid form. so much emotion. it was hard to control she faught the control.. she got it back.. and lifted his chin and kissed him softly. her cool lips touching his.~

"keep the locket with you always and I will be with you." ~she said quietly~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 11:14

He looked around quickly, closing the locket and starting to attach it to the amulet he kept around his neck.

So, you can't leave... He sighed I'll come back to see you. I promise. I can tolerate the city if I'm coming to see you.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 11:21

~she wasn't sure the spell to keep her with the locket had worked. she smiled softly. she wasn't going to say anything about it in case it didn't work.~

"I would like that. Am so happy Jade has you to look out for her. She seems to be doing well. That must have been a shock for you to find her...I wanted to tell you about her. I just found out about her the day you left...I couldn't handle facing Ava..or anyone at here.. So I left until after she was born and old enough... I came back and then would go visit her. Oh do you know if she sent for your horse? I had him moved I told her what to do if that was the case.."

~you could tell it was a while since she spoke with anyone. and she was talking off his ear.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 11:59

((Just like old times, never letting him get a word in edgeways.... Laughing ))

It WAS a shock. I came to find you, to be with you, but.. And you couldn't tell me because you didn't know where I was. He still can't believe he was so stupid as to leave all this behind originally. But that was all past him now.

I promise you, I'll take care of her. I'll teach her to fight, to defend herself.

He was clearly still in shock. Part of that shock was finding her here and able to communicate with her; and also the loss of so many other friends.

I'll look after her.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 14:42

~she smiled and laughed softly~

"You have had so much to take in since you came back.." ~she shakes her head alittle~

"I know you will hon. She is in good hands." ~she walks over to him and stands by him and looks over to Jade on the table.~

"Does she have any of the elemental abilities...When I sent for her she hadn't yet.."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 14:58

He smiled
Yes! I've been working on them with her. She's getting good at earth and rock, not bad with water, pretty good at air, but she's scared of fire. Which is understandable.

He looked over at her.

She's got a lot of you in her. I can see it. Indis, I haven't told anyone about me and her yet. Not that I'm ashamed of her; i wouldn't be teaching her if I was, but because.. Well to be honest, I don't know what role I can play here any more. I sent a letter of resignation off before I left, but I never received a reply. I don't know how 'welcome' my name is around these parts any more, so thought it best to insulate her from any backlash against me.

He sighed.

I want to. I want to tell the world. But I had enemies from my former life, job. Enemies who might try and seek revenge on my through her. I can't let that happen. Ever.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 15:21

~she nodded listening to him. god she had missed his voice and its exactly how she remembered it.~

"Well I told her just to use my last name just because I wasn't sure how well it would be accepted if she used yours..after how things happen when you left...I couldn't face everyone. I had to go fall apart somewhere else. ~she flickers alittle bit as she thinks about it. she wraps her arm around him and leans against him~

"I know you want to. I am pretty sure she wishes she could too. She is a bit stronger then she looks. But things have changed alot around here. I am sure alot has changed since I ... "

~she glances over at Jade~

"Fire is the hardest one to master. With us as in elemental elves..our powers are in our blood. Its why there was only me left until her... now its only her... we as in elemental elves where hunted for our blood. cause once our blood is mixed with someone elses. They can use our abilities too. Like if she was able to give you some of her blood you would be able to use our abilities. so if she bleeds.. you need to burn the bandages...don't let anyone know about it. I only told people i trusted. I was going to tell you.. but things changed when you left. But now you know."
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 15:25

~she sirs and then blinks awake and sits up and looks over at her parents.~

"How the hell...?" ~she brings her feet to hang off the table~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 16:36

There is so much you need to tell me. I have no idea what I'm doing, and hope I don't... hurt her, or teach her the wrong thing.
He heard jade start to stir and sit up, so stopped talking. He'd come back on his own next time, to spend some quality time with her, learning what he could to help his - their - daughter.
Not that she was getting in the way, it would just be easier on his own.

Jade, she's... What the hell was she? .. able to talk to us. Here. Well that was another great sentence from the mouth of the worlds most inarticulate man.

Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 16:45

~she nods and smiles~

"I am a ghost... I just have learned to channel myself and make me appear solid and touch able.. I can move some things if I can keep my emotions in check.. but when they get the best of me.. I flicker a bit.. But yes you can talk to me here."

~she walked closer to Jade~

"I am glad you found him or he found you.. *smiles* you don't have to be alone anymore...am so sorry how things went."

~she thought for a moment~

"Did you get my things from the palace yet? There are things in there that will help you with things. Or you can come here at anytime."
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 16:55

~she was watching her mother in disbelief~

"Am sorry I took so long to come.. if i knew..."

"did he tell you I thought he killed father cause i saw the amulet around his neck. I didn't think he would come back but you did...am glad I have him around. Someone has to keep him in line and on his toes." ~she smiled back at her dad.~

"Well I sent a letter to Lord Reasain he has your stuff in safe keeping at the castle. Actually met with him and the queen a few months back. She had talked about you and said she misses you around. He even had nice things to say about you." ~she softly smiled.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 18:07

And it means a lot if the Queen has good things to say about you.

He had finished attaching the locket onto the amulet and looked over.

I can carry around with me now. He smiled, actually glad he had a picture of the pair of them together. He remembered having the portrait done. It was the day he took her on the boat trip around the Island, the day he had finally realized he loved her. After their trip they had had the small portrait done.

He flicked his eyes over when Jade mentioned Rensain, the smile moving off his face for a moment. Old habits died hard for him, but he brushed it aside. A thought crossed his mind.

Does anyone else know you're down here?
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 18:29

"Other then you two.. there was one other person that was here.. when I first came back in ghost form..she was looking around the bodies for anything of value.. I hid that locket from her... she gave me a name but am pretty sure she wasn't who she said she was. I mostly stay hidden down here."

~she looked between them~

"The queen and myself have been close. when she was a glenn haven that one time I went into stone mode and stepped in front of some fire that was at her... actually got hurt fairly bad. since we had been close." ~she smiles softly thinking back to that day she met art.~

"That was an interesting night. when we came here."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-04, 04:54

He stroked his chin, and beard, as she mentioned someone searching the ruins.

Can you remember what she looked like? He wondered if he might still be able to track her down, even after all this time.

The conversation turned their meeting. He remembered that night well. He'd actually had an off day the day before and was sleeping off a slight headache due to drinking with Sheldon and Tiberious. Sheldon had taken them on one of his famous Tavern Crawls, which - naturally for Sheldon - ended up outside Marloc at about 5am in the morning. Sheldon was all for storming the place single-handedly, but Artimus had held him back and told him they weren't worth it.
Tiberious had lost his horse, Sheldon had lost his mind and Artimus had ended up losing money on a bet. They finally got back to Meriddia and went to bed, only to be woken several hours later when the group from Glen Haven arrived.

He really hadn't looked his best that day, but somehow he still caught the eye of one or two of the ladies. maybe they liked the hung-over look?

He looked back at Indis, that lopsided grin on his face.

Interesting. Yes, that's one word for it.

With all the changes around here now, he doubted he would ever get close drinking buddies like those two again.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-04, 09:25

~she smiles listening to both of them~

"I wish I could have seen that.."
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-04, 09:34

~she thinks a moment back at her first day of a ghost.~

"Well she was dressing in black from head to toe. but she did move with like the grace of a dancer. I remember her coming to the library looking for something. not only to loot but there was something her she was sent here for. oh and she told me to call her mouse. she wasn't too happy to see me here."

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-04, 09:49

His manner has changed totally, from quiet, careful lover into full-on guard-with-a-mystery-to-solve.

Mouse? Hmm. He starts to think of all the people who could fir the description.
What colour hair did she have? Can you remember?

He moves to lean against a wall, lifting one leg behind him to rest against the wall as he started thinking of the likely suspects.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-04, 11:19

"She had made a comment about him not telling her that i was here. and she did say something about being undead then dead so i am thinking she was maybe a vampire. and there is only a few I know around that wouldn't mind going thru things of people of the realm. I never saw much of the darkside of people around here but from what I have heard from others.. I wonder if it was one of vlads lackies." ~she looked at art the whole time she was thinking.~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-04, 11:22

~she watches her parents interact with each other. she grins. This is what she thought it would be like.~

"Isn't Vlad the king now? "
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-04, 11:50

He nods, still stroking his beard, deep in thought.

Yes, I heard he was King now. Chances are, this 'Mouse' was one of his personal servants/assassins/play things. I can't think of their names now. Whiteborne, or something. He massaged his eyes as if trying to hold backa headache.

Do you know what she was looking for?
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-04, 12:04

~she looks over to art.~

"Hon you ok?"
~she walks over art and put her arm around him~

"She didn't say what she was looking for just she was sent here to look for something she wanted me to look around being a ghost it would take me less time but someone stopped her at the time she was the only one that could see me...i think the name is winterborne..or something."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-04, 12:24

He continued to massage his eyes.
Yeah, fine. Just like old times. Me against the world, you know. He gave a small laugh, thinking off all the times he'd had to ride off (so to speak) to find evidence about the latest threat to the Queen, or the island or something. Finding the right clues, picking the right pieces of the puzzle, looking at all the connections. Of course, usualyl there had been him and a few others searching, but now, it was just him.

He stopped rubbing his eyes and glanced over at Jade. Could he get her involved in this?

He wondered if any of this was connected. Vlad marrying the Queen, and the queens apparent disappearnce.

Part of him wondered if he SHOULD get involved? The oath he sword all those years ago when he was promoted into the Royal Guards - the oath to preserve the life of the Queen at any cost, even his own - was still embedded deep in his person, but hadn't he freed himself of that when he resigned? And all those times she proved he was nothing to him but a piece of human meat shield. Did she care about him? Why should he bother.

Yes, it was Winter-something.Winterhaven? Wintersmith? As long as it wasn't Summerson... Wait, who disturbed her?
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-04, 12:38

~she arched an eyebrow~

"Who is Summerson?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)   Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Visiting the Golden Library. (Smelling the sites)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next