Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Coming from the Cape..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

Coming from the Cape.. Empty
PostSubject: Coming from the Cape..   Coming from the Cape.. Icon_minitime2010-08-17, 17:00

~she dismounted from her horse. as she followed her father out of the stable.~

~she nodded to him as he told her where to head and she went off to the area to find someone to healer her.~

~she looked all over at the building looking at the carvings and arches. hoping to run into someone she could ask.~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the Cape..   Coming from the Cape.. Icon_minitime2010-08-26, 18:14

~to her it felt like she walked for hours whatever that lady did back in the cape had worn out. Her eye was killing her again. Finally she came across an older man who had said he was one of the teachers. And that he would be able to help her. He took her to the infirmory.~

"Thank you for your help. I was beaten up by a bunch of bandits on my way here. But I took care of them. After they got a few lucky hits in." ~she grinned which then made her wince.~

"Just lay back and we will look after you." he said.

~the gentleman walked over to another mage and they both stood over jade and started to gather magic for the healing. When the one mage made a comment softly that jade couldn't make out as she was put to sleep. The mages were talking she was a sleep just not completely. They talked about something about some poison being sealed up in the wound. it was the reason it got worse again. She felt something cool being placed on her face the like something cutting her face. With that her body reacted as her hand swung up and at the person doing the cutting..her other hand had went up to touch the stone wall at that same moment making her fist rock. The mage took it right in the right eye. Realizing what had happened a few other mages came over and then put some magic restaints on her. They then leaned down to jade and whispered.~

"Its alright child. It seems someone was trying to poison you. Did you get this looked at before?"

"Yes at the cape I had found what i thought was a healer."

"Well it seems as you were passed out she did her own little thing to you. We were just trying to remove it. which required us to reopen the wound. Now it will be just a moment."

~Jade closed her eyes not like she could go anywhere with these restrains. After a few moments the pain stopped they healed up her eye nicely and urged her to rest here for the night. The took off the restrains and decided it might be best to put up a forcefield to keep her here for the night.~

"We will keep watch of her for the night" the head mage said to another. "just to make sure we got all of the poison and make sure there is no side affects." ~He turned and left the room and the other mage went back to her desk doing paper work.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the Cape..   Coming from the Cape.. Icon_minitime2010-08-27, 14:24

[Artimus's part come from this thread ]

Artimus found the entrance exactly where he left it, and cautiously opened the door. He moved inside and quietly closed the door. He glanced up and down the hallway but it was empty as he expected. Not many people were ever around this area, which is why he used to use it. There was a servants staircase not far from here which lead to every floor of the building. If he could get there he could find where Jade was.
He could still sense her, she was still up and over a way.
He moved with light feet, making no sound, towards the staircase. At every hallway junction he paused and listened before going around the corners; all the better to move around undetected.

He reached the stairs and started to climb, going up two flights before sensing he was now on the same level as his daughter. He could tell she wasn't far away now.
The door to this floor opened with a loud squeak, making him grimace slightly. Despite his earlier bravado, he had never actually been to this area before. As he opened the door he kept an ear open, always alert for any noises. He heard nothing.

He stepped through into an elaborate corridor, furnished with tapestries on the walls, several seats at various intervals and a shiny tiled floor with a plush line of carpet running down the middle.
His foot made a click as he stepped on the tile, so he gave a larger step to reach the carpet which muffled the sound.

"Not long now" he thought to himself.

He started off down the corridor, moving slowly and remaining ever alert for danger, when suddenly a door to his left opened. A young mage in training robes stepped out and stopped as she saw him.
He moved quickly, moving to the Mage's side, putting his hand over her mouth to stop her screaming and pulling her back into the room.
He kicked the door as the mage struggled and he felt her gathering magic.

Listen to me he spoke in a soft yet hard voice.
I won't hurt you. I'm here to find someone. A young girl is being held here, just down the hallway.
He could feel the mage struggling in his grip, trying to say something. She bit his finger that he had clamped over her mouth, but Artimus had had worse injuries.

Please, I don't want to hurt you.
The young mage stopped struggling, and Artimus loosened his grip slightly. That was all the mage needed to cast a light spell in his eyes.

His eyes reacted instantly, closing his pupils against the bright light and causing him to lose focus for a split second.
The young mage screamed out and he heard the door open.

Dammit!

His eyes recovered but now he knew help would be on it's way. He ran out of the room, all subtlety lost, and ran head first down the corridor until he reached the room he felt Jade in.
He flung the door open and saw her there, along with another older mage, who was sitting open mouthed at a desk.

He closed the door, and luck was with him, the key was in this side.
He locked it and took the key out, then turned to look at the old mage, his right hand resting on his sword hilt. Yes, the right hand. Anyone who knew Artimus M Morningstar would know what he intended whenever he drew with the right hand.

He spoke, his voice had none of the softness he had used on the young mage. This was the voice of a man seriously on the edge.

Release the girl. Or else.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the Cape..   Coming from the Cape.. Icon_minitime2010-08-27, 14:51

~ a second mage the one jade had hit in the eye stood up from behind a pillar he had yet to get his eye healed and he looked at artimus~

" What the hell are you doing? We aren't holding her. Were you the one that hit her or took her to that other healer?" ~he stressed the other healer part and looked at artimus as he started to gather magic in his hand.~

"We are holding her to make sure we got all of it out of her system." ~tilted his head to the forcefield and restrains~

"We don't need her hurting herself or others." ~his hand moved to touch his eye and winced alittle.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the Cape..   Coming from the Cape.. Icon_minitime2010-08-27, 15:02

The other mage clearly had a weak spot with his eye; one good hit there should take him out of the fight. The other one was old enough to not put up much of a fight. The magic was the problem. Either of them had enough time to do something while he was taking care of the other.
He kept his hand on the sword hilt, but made no move to draw it just yet.

If you're not holding her, then she should be free to leave with me.
He deliberately didn't answer the question whether he was the one who inflicted the injuries - that was of no consequence to this man.

Something the man said struggled through Artimus' head, jolting his mind.

Get what out of her system? His voice went colder.
If you mage Bastards have done anything to her....

Despite his past known conquests, he had a dislike of mages. They always thought they knew better.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the Cape..   Coming from the Cape.. Icon_minitime2010-08-27, 15:11

~watched artimus the magic gathered in his hand~

"She spoke of a so called healer that looked after her. But it seems the healer wasn't really a healer. She sealed in a poison into the wound. Thus the reason it seem the injury reappeared and was alittle worse. we had to reopen the wound to get out what that person put in there. and that is when I got this. ~pointing to his eye~ I still don't know where she got that rock from. Anyway. So we put the restrains and forcefield up for protection."

~Jade blinked her eyes open alittle as she was trying to figure out what was going on when she hear the mage speaking. she closed her eyes again and listened.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the Cape..   Coming from the Cape.. Icon_minitime2010-08-27, 15:55

He was still keeping his attention split between the two mages; he knew they would have gathered magic by now and would be ready to unleash something in his direction at any moment.
He saw Jade move and his attention wavered for a brief second as he listened to what the male mage was saying.
Poisoned?

He had already seen the stone walls in the room, and that was all he needed to know about 'where the rock came from'.

She hit you? It didn't sound like a question, more of a statement.

Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the Cape..   Coming from the Cape.. Icon_minitime2010-08-27, 16:22

"Yes she hit me when we reopened the wound. but the healer and slid a piece of poison into the wound I would guess it was to get it into her bloodstream slowly before she knew it was even there. The healer probably figured she wouldn't go to a real healer. The poison would have been completely in her system in a few more hours. But am not sure what they were trying to accomplish by it. Cause this poison was very rare and would only affect someone with not really a magic ability more like... transformation magic.. it would stop them from being able to transform..which is strange. Cause we do have records of everyone on the island that would have that ability. There was stories of one that could do things but nothing was confirmed by our mages. and the Queen forbid us from looking into it. But that person is no longer with us." ~he noticed the movement of Jade and walked over to her and with the magic he gathered use it to open a hole to walk into it and sealed up behind him and check on Jade.~

~she opened her eyes to see the mage over her again.~

"What the hell? Why am I stuck on this table."

"Its for everyones safety. Now let me look you over once more to make sure its out of your system." ~he moves his hands above her body as a slight blue glow goes over her body as he moved his hands by her neck the glow turned red and was getting smaller.~ "See the poison is almost gone now. She will be able to leave soon." ~he nodded to the other mage as he the restrains removed. and then removed the forcefield. ~

~Jade sat up slowly and glanced over to her father and smiled alittle.~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the Cape..   Coming from the Cape.. Icon_minitime2010-08-27, 16:45

His eyes frowned as he listened to the story about the healer and the poison. He kept his face even as the mage spoke about the person with the transforming ability, hoping they wouldn't put two and two together.

He tensed as the mage started working on his daughter, fighting the urge to tell him to back off and leave her alone. He could feel a snarl forming on his face, but he tried to pull it back and return his face to the even calmness.

He gave an inward sigh as he saw him remove the restraints from her, then turned to look at the other mage, looking for any signs that Jade was free once again. His right hand moved away from his sword as he realized it had formed into a fist.

He looked at the female mage.

My apologies for my earlier manner. I was worried about this young girls condition. Oh, there is a young mageling from the room 12 down the hall who may need some comforting.

He turned back to Jade.

Are you alright now? I understand you've been through quite an ordeal.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the Cape..   Coming from the Cape.. Icon_minitime2010-08-27, 17:01

~she rubs her head.~

"I have? All I remember was laying down on the bed. What the hell happened? He say something about poison?"

"Are you safe with this gentleman? If you are you are free to go just keep an eye on her."

"Yes am fine with him thank you for your time." ~she stood up and walked over to her father.~

"Really am fine now." ~she looked at her father giving him a look that they should go. as she pulled his arm~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the Cape..   Coming from the Cape.. Icon_minitime2010-08-27, 17:52

Artimus looked over at the male healer.

Is she really alright? I'd rather make sure than let her go and not be fully healed.

He still didn't fully trust these mages, but after what had happened he would prefer to ensure her safety. He could easily spend the night with Indis.
He turned to Jade.

I got worried when you didn't show.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the Cape..   Coming from the Cape.. Icon_minitime2010-08-27, 18:02

~the mage looked at artimus~

"All honestly. I would prefer her to stay for the night but the choice is yours. The poison is still there I am hoping it will continue to retreat. But her face is all healed. "

~she rolled her eyes at the mage and her father.~

"See I can go..wait what do you mean the poison is still in there I thought you fixed it?"

~he gave a glance over to artimus.~

"There are still traces of it in your system it should be cleared by the morning. So if you wish you may stay. I don't think it will get worse. but.."

~she crossed her arms and looked at her father. then back over to the mage.~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the Cape..   Coming from the Cape.. Icon_minitime2010-08-27, 19:02

Artimus gave a small nod to the mage, then turned to Jade.

The choice is yours, but i'd prefer to make sure you are all clear. He turned to the mage, although he was still talking to Jade. I'm sure if you promise not to hit them with rocks again, they will have no need to keep you tied up.

He kept his eye on the mage as he spoke that last line in an almost warning tone.

Don't worry about me, I've got... a family friend who can take care of me for the night.. He was pretty sure Jade would get what he was saying, without him needing to say more.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the Cape..   Coming from the Cape.. Icon_minitime2010-08-27, 20:09

"Fine.. I will stay the night. Make sure am all clear. And make sure to tell her Hello when you visit and sorry I couldn't make it." she walked back to the bed and sat on the edge.

"We will take good care of her. Get her a meal the rest will make her recovery faster."

~she smirked at her father.~

"And don't do anything I wouldn't do."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the Cape..   Coming from the Cape.. Icon_minitime2010-08-28, 03:57

Oh yes, she understood perfectly well it seemed. He was just thinking of a quick comeback, and stopped himself. She better NOT have done what he was planning on doing. EVER! He felt a frown on his face as he looked at her, then composed himself and turned back to the male Mage.

Thank you. I hope I can find some way to repay this debt to you.

He turned and unlocked the door, walking out and giving his daughter one last look.

You know where I'll be. If you need anything, just let me know.

He was pretty certain the library was close enough distance for a mind link to work from here, and even if they were able to intercept and listen in, a quick burst of "Help" would be enough for him to find her again if she needed it.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the Cape..   Coming from the Cape.. Icon_minitime2010-08-28, 11:30

~she nodded and grinned that smile of his back to him.~

"I will just get some extra sleep. and a nice meal.. it will be like a small vacation."

~ml~ Don't worry I will be fine. Now don't have to much fun with mom.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the Cape..   Coming from the Cape.. Icon_minitime2010-08-28, 12:41

He winked to his daughter as he got the message, closing the door, then started out back the way he originally came.

He walked with no further interuptions back to the library and headed inside.
He closed the door as best he could, and piled some books up across the door so they would fall down if someone tried to open the doors. It should suffice as a crude early warning device.

He started down the stairs.

[Artimus now moves back to the other thread Here ]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the Cape..   Coming from the Cape.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coming from the Cape..
Page 1 of 1