Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting for Jade

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

Hunting for Jade Empty
PostSubject: Hunting for Jade   Hunting for Jade Icon_minitime2010-09-17, 04:10

((OOC: If anyone is at all interested, this is a continuation of this thread from Cape Salarain.
Basic story plot - Jade has been kidnapped and managed to tell Art she was being taken to Draco. But she's not, she's gone elsewhere.))

Artimus had galloped hard with Azure, his only waking thought being to find Jade. The poor horse was tired from being pushed so hard, but continued anyway.

He was almost at the city, yet couldn't understand why he hadn't seen any sign of them. Even on separate horses, one of them would have had to have carried Jade, so that would have slowed them down.

He reached the city and stabled Azure, finally realising how tired the poor horse looked. he paid extra to have good care taken of his beloved horse, knowing he couldn't take Azure out of here for at least a day. So much for making a quick getaway.

He started to jog towards the main part of the city, his mind working.

He had been so focused on the journey over that he hadn't been working things through yet.
So, he knew who he was looking for, but not whereabouts they would be. He had his weapons, and his boots. Louis' trick with the mindlink had fooled him, and he realised with a small burst of pride that he had learnt that one from him. That was exactly what he would have done to gain an advantage.
Pride? For the people who had taken his daughter? What was he thinking.
And more to the point, where would they be?

He tried to think. So Louis was thinking like he was, which was good. That meant all he had to do was think what he himself would do if he was taking someone to Draco and would know pursuit would be hot on their heels.

Well they clearly hadn't anticipated this meeting, so they wouldn't have had time to prepare anything in advance. If it was him, he'd go either to a tavern to get a room for a while, or to the library.
He could rule out the library, that was special only to him. And the tavern was too obvious. What did that leave him?

He would go to the most unobvious place. Well the whole of Draco fell into that category. But he had to narrow it down.
Think Artimus, dammit, think!

He wasn't sure how far the mindlink would work with Jade, they had never tested it. Dammit! This all happened too soon. He should have been training her instead of getting drunk, or beaten up. This was all his fault. If they hurt her he would kill them.

He knew Louis would hear it, but he sent it anyway.

"Jade, I'm here. I'm coming for you. Where are you?"

He waited for any response; any form of flicker from her or Louis. Nothing.

He ran through the town, sending the mindlink as he went. He knew he had been able to hear her from the house to the stables in Salarain, and made sure he covered the city.

No response at all.

Either she was unable to reply, or she wasn't in the city.
He could see he was drawing attention to himself, but for once he didn't care.

He moved towards a fountain and sat for a moment to rest his legs. Yes he was fit and well trained, but even he needed to slow down at times. He wasn't as young as he used to be.

But he didn't have time to just sit here. Every moment he wasted was another moment they could be doing anything to his girl. He felt his hand move to the hilt of his rapier and tighten. Calm down.

He was feeling on edge - and he had good reason to after all. This was all his fault. He should have pushed her harder. What the nine hells had happened back there? Why hadn't Indis....

Indis! He turned towards the library and ran full speed over, into the main body of it and down the stairs into the basement.

Indis! His voice was almost a scream. He must have looked a state. He could feel the sweat all over his body.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

Hunting for Jade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade   Hunting for Jade Icon_minitime2010-09-17, 08:53

~she was standing in front of the fireplace arms crosses she wasn't happy. she had this angry look on her face. she had heard him come inside the library and when he yelled her name she slowly turned around that angry look still on her face. As she finally turned to him and walked over.~

"Nicely Done Artimus. So what did they do to get you to leave? Am guessing Azure.." ~she had that angry look still there but was calm sounding.

"WHAT THE HELL WHERE YOU THINKING!" ~she finally yelled. She had never been so mad in her life or afterlife. she had never yelled at him or even really raised her voice at him.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

Hunting for Jade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade   Hunting for Jade Icon_minitime2010-09-17, 09:54

Artimus saw her standing there, and she yelled at him - At HIM! - for leaving. His was already on the wrong end of happy to be taking this, tired and sore from the days ordeals so far. He raised his voice as she shouted at his wife.

What the hell was I thinking? I left her there with YOU! Yes, they threatened Azure. I wasn't going to stand around while they did that. Besides, they were caught and captured. How hard was it not to let them get free?

He stood there panting as he finished. Oh Gods, their first argument. He knew Jade would be the death of him.

I couldn't send you because the I figured the distance would be too far. So I had to get you to stay with Jade... As he said it he realized what he was saying and his eyes widened.

You.. had no choice, did you... I went out of range... Oh Hells! Dammit! He turned and punched the wall in frustration. He also realized she probably had no idea what had happened. He didn't either, but he may know more than her.
His voice calmed a little, he was no longer shouting, but there was an anger bubbling away down there still.

He can hear my mind links, I can hear his. It must be a side effect of training so closely together on it, as we used to do. I heard him contacting Tiberious, and he told Tib to take care of Azure. You know what he's capable of, I couldn't risk it. But Tiberious wasn't anywhere nearby. That bastard knew I'd fall for it.
I got a message from Jade, it must have been as you vanished. I didn't react, I was too focused on dealing with an non-existent Farstrider.
He almost kicked the floor in frustration. Frustration at himself ore than anything. Hearing the story back he knew he'd been a complete idiot.

I then had another one from her, telling me if I bothered to know that she was being taken to Draco. Oh Gods Indy, she sounded so... lost. Did she think we... I.. Abandoned her again?

He sat down on the bench, clearly weary from what he'd been through. His stress levels were high, and his blood pressure was probably sky high too. His hands kept going into fists, and he was shaking slightly.

He was thinking things through once more. Something was nagging him; had been nagging him since the journey between cities.

How had she known where she was going? Easy, she knows which roads lead where now. But why hadn't he caught up with them? He should have been faster, and he should have seen some sign of their trail.
If it was him, he would have blindfolded his prey and told her a false destination....

He stood up, fists clenched. That bastard! Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me Twice... He wouldn't get fooled again!!!

He stared at Indis, fury showing in his eyes.

They're not in Draco!

Right. Where would they have gone?
Meriddia was a good option, plenty of places to hide there. Grorr was also an option. A longer ride, and one that would only work if the deception worked. There was too much possibility of being caught up on the road. But the decpetion HAD worked.

The other options were the forest, Marloc or Icehold.

Icehold was pretty much out of the question, Marloc was too far and the forest didn't have enough hiding places. No, you needed somewhere with lots of people. Meriddia would be the best option.

And it was in a different direction to Draco, so if the deception worked, he would have further to travel and more time for them to make a good get away....

He could have almost weeped. Falling for the oldest trick in the book. And from his own protege. If it had been anyone else he would have laughed at how stupid they were.

He slumped back down to the bench, head down not wanting to look at Indis. Anything could have happened to Jade now. Louis wanted revenge on HIM and he would be taking it right now, on Jade. How could he look at Indis, knowing what he'd cost her.

((Ok, sorry that's a lot of stuff going on there - feel free to react to bits in stages Smile ))
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

Hunting for Jade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade   Hunting for Jade Icon_minitime2010-09-17, 13:53

~she kept her arms cross still mad as hell and let him yell back she tapped her foot.~

~As his eyes wide and realize what she all ready knew her anger start to get less.~

~she nodded at him as he realized she had no choice. She made face as he punched the wall.~

~she listened to his side of why he did what he did and her anger dropped more.~

I then had another one from her, telling me if I bothered to know that she was being taken to Draco. Oh Gods Indy, she sounded so... lost. Did she think we... I.. Abandoned her again?

~she sighed softly~ "I would say yes. Specially if she doesn't know your side of things. You weren't exactly open with what was going on in your head."

~she watched him she knew something cooking in his head she started to think of what could be going thru his head.~

~she sat next to him on the bench and wrapped an arm around him and leaned her head against his.~

"I know he wanted revenge on you..You.. we will find her..she is stronger and smarter then you know hon. Look how much she is like you. and she can be resourceful..and now she has more control over some of her ablities. She will be ok."

~she ran her hand up and down his back trying to calm him alittle so he can think straight. she then turned his head to her even if he didn't want to look at her and kissed him softly.~

"Ok we know Tib is around somewhere. Along with Erika and Louis. Do you think they would have went to talk to him possibly?"
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

Hunting for Jade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade   Hunting for Jade Icon_minitime2010-09-17, 14:27

He was starting to calm down slightly, although he still had a frustration within him.

He leaned into her slightly as she stroked his back. Now wasn't the time for THOSE thoughts.

And she was right, Jade was resourceful, and clever. She had his cunning, if not as wel trained. Was it enough against Louis thought, he seemed to have surpass his teacher?

Yes, Tiberious. What did Louis say? Did he say Tiberious was at Grorr? That would be one of my options if I were doing the same.

He nodded and tried to think things through.

Now, if ti were me, kidnapping someone, and I was taking them to Tiberious... Well I could trust him - I can't now of course, he's on the wrong side, but if the situation were reversed I could. So, I'd take her to him, then...? I would probably run a diversion somewhere else. His voice dropped, from anger and frustration to the same tone he used when making a plan, as if preparing to storm a castle.

Yes. Knowing someone was coming after me and my captured prey, I'd deliver the capture to Tiberious, then make myself known in another city, to draw the pursuers over. That would give Tiberious time to do... whatever it was he would do...

He looked at her at long last, a small glimmer in his eye that seemed to be fading out.

And what would Tiberious do to her? I need to think, "What Would Tiberious Do". If I gave him the order to keep hold of her and not let her escape, he would follow that order, but it's open to interpretations. That's the problem with him, he bends the rules so much they snap back and hit someone else in the face. "Oh, but you didn't say I could cut her legs off..." Oh Gods! I hope she can keep that mouth of ours quiet around him! He'd shut her up in no time, and it wouldn't be good.

He stood up and started pacing, clearly worried about her being alone with him.

You've seen him in action, know what he's capable of. He wouldn't think twice about shutting her up permantly if she said the wrong thing or wound him up enough.
But... Where would he go?
He's in Grorr, which by all accounts is where he lives now. He'll probably have a house, but that's too obvious a hiding place, even for him. No, he'd go for....
Art's voice changed instantly as it all fell into place, and he laughed.

Tiberious may be many things, but he has his standards. He'd take her to a tavern, keep her holed up there for a while. And there is only tavern Tiberious would head for!

He smiled. Things were looking up already!
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

Hunting for Jade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade   Hunting for Jade Icon_minitime2010-09-17, 14:37

~she listened to him she always loved how his mind worked. as pieces fell into place. and he worked out a plan of action.~

"Well you know Tib as well as anyone I know. What would he do to someone like Jade if it was anyone other then our daughter."

~she always had faith in him even when he didn't she knew no matter what he would do his best to fix anything he messed up.~

"Well then shall we head out now or wait alittle to let them think they got away?"
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

Hunting for Jade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade   Hunting for Jade Icon_minitime2010-09-17, 15:20

Artimus continued to pace.

I'm not sure any more. I knew him better. I might not know him at all now. I thought I knew Louis, and he'd changed. The old Tiberious - the man i knew - wouldn't have hurt her. He gives out the aura of menace, but he wouldn't hurt her without good reason.
Now, you know our daughter better than anyone. Would she keep quiet and not try and wind her captor up?

He raised his eyebrow at that as he asked. After all, would he? No, of course he wouldn't. That's why he'd had his jaw broken the first time, and gagged the second.

If she pushed him too far... Well the old Tiberious might take it for a while, then get bored and have to do something about it. The new man? Who knows?

He still paced, back and forth across the room.

I want to go. Now. But Azure needs rest. I pushed him too hard...

Dammit, was he picking his horse over his daughter again?

He looked at her, the pain of decision burning in his eyes.

We should go. Now. Azure might not make it, but he can get us a decent way there...

He was not going to cry over a horse. Azure could be replaced - eventually, with the right training and conditioning. His daughter couldn't!
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

Hunting for Jade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade   Hunting for Jade Icon_minitime2010-09-17, 15:57

~she watched him pace~

"She would be quiet if she trusted him. You think tib would try to get her to trust him... and if she is mad at us I have no idea what she would do.."

~she looked at him~

"Maybe we could borrow a fresh horse?"

~she stood up and headed for the stairs.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

Hunting for Jade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade   Hunting for Jade Icon_minitime2010-09-17, 16:25

He shook his head.
I doubt he would. I hate to say it, but he probably love to have her as his captive.

And why hadn't he thought about a different horse? He turned to her and smiled, although it was still a weak smile - his fear still overiding most of his emotions.

This is why we make a good team. I can make the plans, but sometimes I miss the obvious. I'll go get us a fresh horse and meet you... call you when I'm ready...

It was clear he still didn't think of her as anything other than living. He gave her a quick kiss then ran off up the stairs and out of the library, back into the streets of the city.

He headed for the stables, and managed to secure a fast horse, paying for it and tipping a little extra to make sure the stablemaster knew to keep Azure safe from anyone other than himself.

Then he took the new horse and headed out of the city at a fast trot, stopping a mile or so away.

He touched the amulet and thought of her.

Hello darling. he said as she appeared in a misty swirl.
Shall we be on our way?
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

Hunting for Jade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade   Hunting for Jade Icon_minitime2010-09-17, 16:51

~she nodded and hopped up on the horse with him. She had put some gear on this time being alittle more prepared. she adjusted her bag to her side and wrapped arms around her husband and leaned against him as they rode.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

Hunting for Jade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade   Hunting for Jade Icon_minitime2010-09-18, 01:50

Artimus kicked the horse off once again, and they headed off towards Grorr.

((OOC: This thread now continues here.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hunting for Jade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade   Hunting for Jade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting for Jade
Page 1 of 1