Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A simple hunting trip

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

A simple hunting trip Empty
PostSubject: A simple hunting trip   A simple hunting trip Icon_minitime2013-02-16, 12:23

~Ral steps through the portal with Verran beside him, entering into the familiar spartan decor of his private chambers. He gestures to a side door. "My armory, if you require anything. I will have our provisions gathered. Let me get the Nexan." he leaves verran to his business, walking into the hall, the bruises on his body still fresh. he catches a passing servant, sending them for Gil and Jared. "Notify Master Giligian first. Tell him the storm may break, so the three of us must see to the boats before the rains hit." The phrase was non-sensical, since they were land-locked, but it was a message Giligian would understand: 'Trouble, and we must respond to it.' Gil would know what to do from there, and would set in motion the gathering of travel provisions and his own personal gear.

"Send them both to my chambers."

He turns back into the room, entering once again, his eyes adjusting, and taking a long moment before he recognized the hunter, standing blended into the half-light. He moved to the armory, opening a large wooden chest, from which he pulled various things from his past.

A few long minutes later, he exited the room. He was dressed in his "hunting" garb, modeled after Verran's own, blending into the surroundings and faint light. Under it was the sapphire blue dragon-hide armor, durable and tough, and allowing for more freedom of movement than any plate, yet resisitent to all but the hardiest of attacks.

Over his shoulder poked the hilt of the WyrmSlayer, the bastard sword strapped lovingly over his back. The SwyftBlade was at his hip, opposite his shadowdagger. Daggers were variously tucked into his boots and in other available locations that didn't hinder movement. everything was tightly tied down, no undue sound or movement that could get snagged or make noise.

In one hand is a light travel pack, full of travel necessities. In the other was a yew longbow, and a quiver of arrows. He smiled thinly, resting these items on his desk, and waiting for Gil and jared.~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: A simple hunting trip   A simple hunting trip Icon_minitime2013-02-16, 12:43

~~Giligian is standing, bow in hand, sighting down on a target. He looses, the arrow hitting just shy of dead center from a range few men could even fire into. He is fitting a second arrow when the servant approaches, and gives him the message with a confused look. Putting on an amiable smile, he slips a couple coins into the man's hand and sends him off with thanks and very specific orders for the provisions he needed gathered, which horses he needed saddled and prepared, and how quickly it was to be done. Only when the man is gone does he move into action, gathering his equipment from the practice yard and moving quickly to his chambers. Three? Who else was going? jared? He shrugged, sure that he'd find out in time.

Moving to his own chambers, he rests his bow across his bed and moves to a large trunk, tossing the lid open and tossing items on the floor behind him, muttering curses to himself.

In some very few moments, he was dressed in clothing that had not seen use in some time: the garb of the Nexan Border Legion. Everything was earth tones and greys, supple and flexible, and reinforced by leather or steel. It was garb meant for high mountain passes, taiga, and temperate forests; meant to blend and camouflage. To this was added a veritable armory: knives, daggers, hand and throwing axes. Small, close-up weapons. His only concession to this was a longsword, decorated at the hilt with singed feathers: Anthony's blade. Donning his cloak last, he grabbed hiss pack, bow, and quiver, and headed to Ralean's chambers.

He knocked briefly and entered, his swift eyes catchin the outlines of the two of them in a breathless rush of adrenaline. His hand went to a blade before the features materialized in the dim light, and he smiled, recongizing Ralean, though not the other, much larger man. He closes the door behind him.

"What are we hunting?"~~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: A simple hunting trip   A simple hunting trip Icon_minitime2013-02-17, 15:05

~Jared had been in the Courtyard training with some of the new recruits when he recieved word from a servant that Ralean needed to see him. A frown of concern crossed his forehead, since he knew full well it must be serious, otherwise Ralean would have come to him to talk.

Turning to the men, he gives quick advice about what they could do to improve - and he excused himself, sharply turning away and walking with haste back into the main Castle.

It wasn't long before he had made his way up the stairs, but a servant had to guide him towards Ralean's personal chambers - Jared had never been there before (thankfully!). He paused outside the massive wooden doors and knocked with his leather glove.

Standing there, waiting, he thought he could hear Gil's voice inside, but he wasn't sure since it was a muffled sound. One hand on the hilt of his blade, he stood and awaited admittance. Something didn't feel right about this whole thing.~
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: A simple hunting trip   A simple hunting trip Icon_minitime2013-02-17, 15:44

~Ral lights a single torch to dimly light the room, stepping to the door as Jared's knock sounds and opening it. He gestures him in, closing the door behind Jared as he steps in.

He smiles thinly, realizing how it must look, with the three of them dressed for killing.

"I'll keep this short, for you: we're leaving. Where, and for what are not necessarily important. In the meantime, you are in charge of this city." he hands Jared the ring that bears the seal of Grorr. "The advisors are aware of the situation. The army has been given orders, and a nominal troop will stay behind to cover the civilian evacuation into the dwarven strongholds in the mountains. I believe you're qualified to take care of them, to oversee our citizens. Sorry for this new introduction to your new home being so temporary."

He smirks. "If we don't come back, do your best."~
Back to top Go down
Verran Dracos

PostSubject: Re: A simple hunting trip   A simple hunting trip Icon_minitime2013-02-17, 20:43

~ Verran watches as Jared and Gil enter in turns. His attire is as usual, prepared for the hunt. A cloak of soft gray hangs over his shoulders, the hilts of two blades protruding from slits in the garment, a third blade centered between them. A quiver hangs from his left hip, and a small axe hangs from his right. In his hand is a bow crafted of silver, the magic in the weapon obvious simply by virtue of its construction.

As Ralean addresses Jared Verran respnds to Gil~

With luck, the wyrmslayer takes us to hunt elves or dragons...but there is no worry. Whatever the hunt, we will be successful.

~ As Verran speaks a low growl can be heard at the door, followed by the alarmed shreiks of a few servants. Moments later a badger the size of a small dog enters the room clad in dark leather armor~
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: A simple hunting trip   A simple hunting trip Icon_minitime2013-02-17, 20:56

~Ral glances to Verran and Gil with a sideways grin. "As luck has it, we hunt both, and gather information as well. Although, it is a dracolich, not a dragon, that we may be fighting."

He turns back to the door as Tank enters, and breaks into a grin, pushing the door closed behind the beast. "And such as we are, I do not doubt our hunt will be successful."~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: A simple hunting trip   A simple hunting trip Icon_minitime2013-02-18, 09:32

~First of all, Jared looked from Ralean to Verran and then Gil, before his gaze turned down to the palm of his hand as Ralean put the seal into it. He nodded in response to the orders that were giving, waiting for Ralean to finish what he was saying. Something this secret was no doubt Carthallion related, and he didn't need to know more.

"I understand. Good luck, whatever it is you're doing."

His brow raised at the mention of a Dracolich. Ah. This was about Chaaran. Shaking his head with a small smile, he added. "Stay safe..and return, good friends."~
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: A simple hunting trip   A simple hunting trip Icon_minitime2013-02-18, 21:14

~Ral looks to jared again. "I've left you a letter explaining the next steps ((the PM)). The stewards have been made aware of as much as they can be. We are preparing for war, my friend. A war that will make Soulreaver appear as a minor skirmish." He looks hard at Jared.

"A power from Aurora is coming to this soul, to wreak vengeance upon the Carthallions, and nothing will stand before it. Behind it comes an army the Aegeans have never faced. We are going to buy time, and gather information. I wish I could say more friend, except to keep your blade sharp, and your eyes open." he pauses. "And watch the sky. There are two men here, old commander's from my time in Aurora. They know intimtely what we face, what is coming. Trust them. Word will come soon, likely, but not from me."

He smiles thinly. "Good luck, my friend."~
Back to top Go down
Verran Dracos

PostSubject: Re: A simple hunting trip   A simple hunting trip Icon_minitime2013-02-20, 20:17

~ Verran's eyes narrow as Ralean speaks to Jared.~

Then the beast-lord comes to Aegis with his army...

~ he shakes his head~ This will be a more eventful hunt than I first thought. ~ His grin shows teeth as sharp as razors, flame dancing at the back of his throat~

A new set of furs for my bed after this.
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: A simple hunting trip   A simple hunting trip Icon_minitime2013-02-20, 21:32

~Ral looks to verran with a grin, the fierceness in his voice infectious. "Aye, the Horned Bastard is coming, by sea. And the Bitch Queen as well, with her entourage."

He looks to Jared and Gil. "For now, we are to F'Tallian, to see what the necromancers, demon worshippers, and elves have in store. If they plan on marshalling their forces against the realm, we remove the head." A cold kind of smile comes to his face. "And if we see the scaley bastard, he is merely a convenient target."~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: A simple hunting trip   A simple hunting trip Icon_minitime2013-03-03, 21:45

~Jared's eyes grew stern and serious as soon as he heard the word war. His body straightened up, his hand subconsciously reaching for the hilt of his sword. Nodding to Ralean with a firm certainty, he understood - it was not as if Aegis had not taken this path many times before. The irony now, of course, would be that he was taking Ralean's orders - yet Jared wasn't smiling.

His tone stayed firm and determined."I shall do everything in my power to hold this castle, you can rest easy knowing it is safe with me. Your instructions will be followed." He nodded sharply to afirm this statement, listening to Verran and Ralean talk about their new adversaries.

"Whoever you speak of, make their deaths painful. Too many have thought to tread on our soil and it's about time they realize who they are messing with." Any other time, he'd have offered to go, but now he had Amarra to think about. "~
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: A simple hunting trip   A simple hunting trip Icon_minitime2013-03-04, 16:48

~Ral nods to Jared. "Keep the people safe, and keeep yourself in one piece." he clasps him on the shoulder. "I left an explanation of our new enemy, as best I could. This is perhaps a struggle bordering on the desperate, before the battle has been joined. Be ready."~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A simple hunting trip   A simple hunting trip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A simple hunting trip
Page 1 of 1