Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A lady (in) waiting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Amarra

Amarra

A lady (in) waiting Empty
PostSubject: A lady (in) waiting   A lady (in) waiting Icon_minitime2013-03-07, 08:22

~nods to the palace guards as she enters the throne room alone with a book tucked under one arm. She hasn't heard from the queen in a few days so can only assume she hasn't been required. Years of service as a queen's lady in waiting, though, has ingrained habits into her that would have been hard to break even if she'd wanted to. So, summoned or not, she still comes to the palace daily in case the queen has need of her. She settles herself beside a window, near enough to the fireplace to feel its warmth without feeling threatened by the flames, and opens her book to keep herself occupied while she waits.

She finds it hard to concentrate, though. Her mind refuses to focus on the written words for long, so instead she mainly just sits looking out the window and thinking. Her hand strays often to her belly, or to check again on the various water bottles tucked among the folds and hidden pockets in her gown. She doesn't feel unsafe, any more than she ever does, but her need for water has been greater lately, and just reminding herself she has plenty with her is comforting.

She wonders about Queen Angel, how she is coping and how the people of Aegis are responding to her rule, and she makes a mental note to see if she can find out, somehow. Maybe a trip to some taverns in plainer clothes, like Queen Bathory used to do, to see what she can overhear...

Queen Bathory. She sighs softly, thinking about the former queen, and her friend. It seems like so long since she's heard anything from her, and while that is expected, she still worries. Part of her feels a twinge of guilt at accepting the position of lady in waiting to Angel. It almost feels like a betrayal, though a small one after what she'd already done. On the other hand, Angel IS the queen of Aegis, and if Amarra can serve well, then it helps Aegis as a whole, if only in tiny, unnoticed ways. And besides that, she does have to help make sure she and Jared can care for their new family.

She shakes her head and attempts to go back to reading. No matter how long she spends in the surface world, even if she never plans to return permanently to the sea, she doesn't think she'll ever fully understand it here. Things are so complicated, never black and white. She just has to keep learning where her particular shade of blue fits into things and hoping she makes right decisions. That's something she needs to work on.~

Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A lady (in) waiting   A lady (in) waiting Icon_minitime2013-03-09, 20:26

<< The doors to the palace fling open with enough force for the rebound to slam them closed behind him. Vlad strides across the room, making a straightline toward Amarra, pushing a servant out of the way as they close to offer him a drink, scatterring her and her tray across the floor.>>

What in the nine flaming hells are you doing sat here on your useless ass when your queen needs you?!
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: A lady (in) waiting   A lady (in) waiting Icon_minitime2013-03-10, 06:26

~she has a bottle of water uncapped and its contents in her hands before she realizes who is storming towards her. On seeing that it's Vladamir, she decides to keep hold of it, but lowered, as she jumps to her feet, letting her unread book drop to the floor. His manner frightens her, but this time not for herself. She can't imagine him behaving this way unless it was something serious. Her worry makes her tone sharper than she intends~

Instead of wasting time with petty insults, why don't you tell me where the queen is so that I can go to her? I can't know she needs me unless I'm called for, which is why I'm here in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A lady (in) waiting   A lady (in) waiting Icon_minitime2013-03-13, 20:40

<< Shadow's bane is out and aimed at her throat even before she speaks, the blade dancing with a dark flame as Vlad glares>>

I will forgive the insolence of a servant once, speak out of turn again and it will be your last. You are to report to IceHold at once, where you should have been waiting in service to Her Majesty, rather than spending your time in an empty palace.

<< He does not lower the blade, instead sweeping his right hand through the air, a dark hole opening in the air>>

Now go, and pray that she and my dear brother are in as forgiving a mood as I am.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: A lady (in) waiting   A lady (in) waiting Icon_minitime2013-03-13, 21:13

~her eyes narrow. She considers, strongly, the ball of water in her hands, and decides against doing something she'd regret in what would surely be the seconds before her death. At the moment, her greatest needs are to reach Queen Angel, and to protect her child, so she shoves her pride aside and bows her head briefly. Her tone is carefully respectful~

I could not have been at Icehold without being summoned. I am not allowed there without invitation, as the queen and king are both aware. I assumed you would be as well. I apologize. Thank you for allowing me to attend to my duties.

~turns to the dark portal and can't repress a small shiver. She doesn't trust Vladamir, not even a little bit, but she sees no alternative here. To travel to Icehold any other way would take far too long, if the queen needs her badly enough that even he is rattled. Taking a quick but deep breath, she steps through~
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: A lady (in) waiting   A lady (in) waiting Icon_minitime2013-03-13, 21:15

((Should I wait or post at Icehold?))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A lady (in) waiting   A lady (in) waiting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A lady (in) waiting
Page 1 of 1