Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The meeting of two minds.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

The meeting of two minds. Empty
PostSubject: The meeting of two minds.   The meeting of two minds. Icon_minitime2010-03-29, 00:06

Rae says:
Approaching the throne room, Ava had her usual look of "pissed off" upon her features as she glanced around for Vlad, one hand on the curve of her hip. "Come out, where ever you are, dear." she coo'ed as if she were calling a pet kitty out for its food.

Lord Carthallion says:
<< smiles from a shadow, watching her pass him in the hall, wonderring if he should send his kitty to play>>

Rae says:
Eyes narrowing she paused and glanced around looking for him still. "Come now dear, we are adults...or are you actually scared of me these days?"

Lord Carthallion says:
<< smiles darkly as he pulls a shadow away from the wall down the hall in front of her, sending the form around the corner.>>

Rae says:
A small smile presses upon her lips as those emerald eyes dance with mischief. "I'm not falling for that one...again. Now really, you need to hear this, I'm not happy."

Lord Carthallion says:
<< sighs>> When are you happy dear? <<steps out of the shadows just behind her left shoulder

Rae says:
"When I have money and power, don't you remember?" She folded her arms and began to slowly walk, her head turned over her shoulder to keep an eye on him. "Rensain has stolen my friend Lady Letala, and he hasn't brought her back."

Lord Carthallion says:
If she let herself be stolen then maybe you need to reconsider how dear a freind she really os
*is

Rae says:
"She was barely here five minutes, and I happened to like her. She just disappeared...did you put him up to it?"

Lord Carthallion says:
My dear, when I ant someone to disaappear I simply make them vanish, I don;t send an elf to do a man's job

Rae says:
"Mmm, I think you do, far more often than you'd like me to know. You've grown too reliant on Rensain, and frankly, I don't like it."

Lord Carthallion says:
Rensain handles the mess of maintaining this damned, drafty, horrid little hovel until I get around to ripping it down and building a proper palace.

Rae says:
"This is my home, you knew what you were getting into when you married into it. Now do be a sweetie and begin to send paperwork back to my desk for approval rather than Rensain's..I'm sure its not too much trouble."

Lord Carthallion says:
My dear, it was yhour home, I bought it when I bought you, As for your approval on paprework..I am more than happy to send all legal matters to you for approval, after all, you are the Queen still, and you should be seen doing something

Rae says:
Attempting with difficulty to ignore some of his words, she chose to change the subject. "Mm, yes, I have been doing something, I'll have you know. I took a visit to your brother." She glanced to him some what smugly.

Lord Carthallion says:
Yes, I know, You mnet him at Renny's estate in the thunderlands, once there he told you I was evil and you were foolish and then said that your realm was in no immediate danger as long as you played nice

Rae says:
With her shoulders visably sinking, she pouted. "So he already told you, or has he done this before?"

Lord Carthallion says:
No dear, but you held the meeting in a place where every inch of it is manned by my people, what made you think I wouldn;t find out?

Rae says:
"I actually hoped you would in case he decided to become upset with me. You know what he's like."

Lord Carthallion says:
If you were really worried about that woman you would have had the meeting closer to home. No, you went in an attempt to buy an ally and have leverage to use against me should I decide to get rid of you

Rae says:
"Don't be so silly, I wouldn't dream to think of such a thing. I know damn well Jaric doesn't like me, I'm hardly going to beg him and make a fool of myself. You're getting paranoid."

Lord Carthallion says:
No dear, I have alwasy been paranoid, its why I am still alive after 2000 years

Rae says:
"Really? I thought it was the vampirism." She gave a casual half shrug. "This isn't working. I'm bored to death and you never come out of that damnable office. What in hells name have you been up to?"

Lord Carthallion says:
Securing my investment. I now own the dwarves as thoroughly as I own my shoes, and I have them working double time to boost productions for export, I have Rensain sending word out to get our trade relations with foreign realms in order and to top it all off I have almost paid your armies

Rae says:
She watched him closely to see if she could make out he was lying or not. Sufficiently satisfied for now (and making note to herself to check the books later) Ava nodded. "I had no idea you intended to export anything...and how funny you've not mentioned the children at all, they must not be that important." >
< the idea of saying thanks wasn't appealling so she thought to herself that she'd reward him in the bedroom later should he grace himself with an appearence there.

Lord Carthallion says:
Your brats are all currently unaccounted for save Jared, who is in custody in IceHold pending your daughter in law's trial

Rae says:
"My WHO-in Law what?" She frowned, tilting her head slightly, moving thoughts of the other children to one side for a moment. Blinking, and still confused, she added, with realization. "Oh dear god..what the hell is going on now - and why is it I don't know about it - AGAIN."

Lord Carthallion says:
<< shakes his head, sighing>> We sent the memo to your desk. Jared has married Amarra because I told him to. I wanted to ensure his legitimacy before recognizing him as my own child and making him heir. Now they can get on with making a little prince and the line will be secured properly.

Rae says:
Now she was firmly annoyed. "Now you've gone too far! There was supposed to be a big ceremony and lots of pomp! I had thought he might change his mind. What in devils name was Amarra doing in Icehold anyway?" She shook her hand dismissively "This is rediculous." Then she stoped to pause and think. "And you..you should have thought to come and tell me all this before you just went ahead and did >
< it..but since you have, I happen to be glad of it."

Lord Carthallion says:
Yes, yes. the boy is now safely secured where he can be of use and we don;lt have to worry about some actual threat getting ahold of him later and causing us problems. As for why she was in IceHold, you will need to ask her that when she returns to us...a letter arrived from brotehr saying he had sent them home.
Then you can go ahead and plan as large a ceremony as you 3would like, since the only thing that currently exists is the wedding liscence we drew up two days after he found her missing

Rae says:
A small smile pursed upon those lips. "You have been working hard, and I give you credit - you know how to please me. So tell me dear, whats all this really covering up, or am I never to find out?" She laughed lightly, shaking her head in mild fashion.

Lord Carthallion says:
A man has to have some secrets dear. Oh, and I am having a new ship comissioned...and making Amarra captain

Rae says:
"Mmm...and you can have all that...if you'd just be so kind as to keep me informed on one little thing...SoulReaver, where is it?"

Lord Carthallion says:
SoulReaver is safe and secure in the possession of the one person it can be trausted with.

Rae says:
"Isn't it better to be with no one? You need to dispose of it before something unthinkable happens...oh, say, Jaric."

Lord Carthallion says:
Well, in order to destroy it and be cetain it is gone forever we need to smelt it down on the forge it was created on, and unless you are Jaric, I doubt you have a straight line to the god's front door. And if you did,m the sword will not allow it

Rae says:
She smirked. "Make Alex do it."

Lord Carthallion says:
I like Alexander, why would I want to sacrfice him to destroy something I can use as leveragre should our other brotehr decide he no longer likes the family?

Rae says:
"No, I've just had a thought. Make Alex turn it into something else."

Lord Carthallion says:
No mortal forge can get hot enough, and it would take a god to move the spirti inside wihout freeing it...and not even Alex is that good dear.

Rae says:
"Its bad news, dear. It may be leverage, but its wouldn't serve the realm if that thing got free again, and it cannot stay here for when Jaric decides he really does want it back at any cost."

Lord Carthallion says:
My dear little kitten, do not worry yourself about such matters, The blade is secure, and you can rest safe. Now, no more on ht ematter

Rae says:
"Darling husband, I must insist. The last thing we need is more ruin to the realm, you've done enough...and do not think to call me Kitten, I won't have such insults."

Lord Carthallion says:
Insults? Who has been insulting, I simply make refernce to your youth and enrgy....

Rae says:
"You forget how long I've known you, dear."

Lord Carthallion says:
I forget nothing dear, including who and what you were when we met, and what could be your fate should you attempt anything outwardly stupid.

Rae says:
Raising an eyebrow her head tilted to one side "Stupid? I've never done anything stupid."
She pointed to him with her finger "You forget who I am, and how you found me to begin with. There are many who would fall to me on one knee with respect and awe...you forget my own feared reputation...dear enforcer"

Lord Carthallion says:
Shall we play the game where I remind you that I GAVE you that reputation, and it was my knife that "earned" you the respect you hold in such high regard....

Rae says:
"I beg your pardon?!? You did what? No no no...you came after me because I had earned the reputation for myself. You weren't even on the scene, my dear. I do appologize, my love, but you can't take credit where its not due."

Lord Carthallion says:
Are you sure? You've been doing it for so long I hd come to think it expected of everyone...my apologies kitten

Rae says:
Her lips pursed together tightly in annoyance. "Mayhaps Jaric was right, I shouldn't have married you. Your continous tone with me is vexing to say the least, and to be excluded from everything you do is disgusting. Some changes need to be made."

TO BE CONTINUED.
Back to top Go down

The meeting of two minds.
Page 1 of 1