Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just a day in the life...

Go down 
+2
Lilith Genevaria
Giligian
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

Just a day in the life... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-14, 16:49

~Ral nods, his grin shifting to a smirk. "You'll please excuse me, m'lady, if I don't take a stranger's promise on good faith." he lifts his glass to her slightly. "I am Duke Ralean. Well met, Letala."~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-14, 17:08

~ a smile creeps over her lips as Gil ml her back as she get lost in thought for a moment~

~she then pets artimis again feeding him another carrot~

" Well artimis here was the son of my mothers horse before it was stolen away. So he is very dear to me. We have been through alot together."

~talking to herself in her head~ you are starting to babble again..

"So what was the deal inside?" ~she looks at Lilith~

"Did he actually owe you the money or just trying to get a little more coin?"
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-14, 21:03

He was still nursing his drink, listening to the conversations around him. It had been a long days' travel and in general Jared had some serious thinking to do. Much had gone wrong, and once again he'd done something he wasn't proud of - yet, deep down, he had felt it was the only option he'd had.

Reaching out to grab the pitcher and pour himself another, Jared looks up at the mention of Letala's name, his expression one of surprise that lead to a smirk.

"Lady Letala?"

He chuckled, his head falling back a little with the laugh.

"I know that name.."

Suddenly his energy was back as Jared pulled himself up to his feet and strode across the bar towards her with an air of confidence that couldn't be matched. His boots clicked across the dusty wooden floors, until he reached Letala. His voice held low and discreet as he looked down to her (purely out of height).

"A pleasure to meet you, Princess. Surely you deserve to be in places better than these?"

His mother had already mentioned this woman's name, and his comment was more for comedic value since it could be argued that Jared himself should not venture into bars such as these given his title.
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-15, 00:26

"But of course I would expect nothing less , for I myself hold such thoughts but I do hope that a mere common woman as myself would not send your guards up. Regardless it is a pleasure to meet you Duke."

She would never once lose that warm appeal to her, something she was perhaps raised to do, that now it was hard to break even at times when she knew she did not need to be such. And just as she was about to look to Jared he made a move first. Her gaze only left the Duke as she saw Jared stir from his once posted position at the bar. First was the recognition of her name, she had not expected that Ava had mentioned her to any one within the kingdom. But deep down she knew her dear friend better than that. Jade irises held a sparkle, a hit of playfulness as he spoke of her title and questioning of her position within such a place. She could not help but laugh warmly to his response.

She titled her head a bit looking up toward him, she herself a petite woman was always used to others towering over her.

"The pleasure is all mine your majesty."

Her own body had not changed in manner, standing tall, perfect posture, but the unease within her was gone though she knew she did her best to hide such emotions. Hues drank in Jared's form and his personality which she believed he exuded with no effort. That natural air of confidence flooded her senses.

"And within Aegis I an nothing but a humble guest of your Mother, but surely a Prince belongs within a palace yes?"

Words were left out that she was in fact sent to seek him, after realizing that Ava had already talked of her to him, he had to know on some level that Ava would have sent her for him.

"I am sure Ava would be pleased to see her son and know he is alive and well."
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-15, 12:35

~Ral watches as jared moves forward, listening with casual disinterest to the banter, not missing the title he gives her, but not finding himself terribly impressed. he stands, hand still resting on the hilt of a blade, and drains his glass. he sets it on the bar along qwith a few coins, and grins at the pair as he steps by them. "It seems you're far more than capable of handling this lovely woman, my friend. I will leave you two to discussions of things beyond the scope of this man's simple mind." he turns to the woman and smiles winningly. "Well met, then, Princess Letala. I'd apologize for my behavior, but I feel no need to except courtly courtesy, and this is no court, as you can see. Perhaps, this will not be our last meeting." with a slow lift of his arm he takes her hand and brushes his lips across her knuckles, nodding his head and stepping past the pair towards the door.

He MLs Jared as he steps out the door: "I'll prepare for the journey, and see to everything. getting everything may take a few days, so take your time. your usual room will be open and ready for you at the castle"~

Last edited by Ralean SwyftBlade on 2010-05-16, 16:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-15, 12:46

~~Gil grins as Jared moves forward, obviously knowing the woman. he turns, draining his tankard and speaking quietly to the bartender, who hands him a whole bottle as Gil slides some coin across the bar with a grin. he nods to Jared and the woman and turns as he sees Ral walking to the door. With a shrug of his huge shoulders he starts to follow, humming an old marching tune to himself as he goes~~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-15, 13:53

~she continues keeping an eye on Lilith and her horse but hears Ralean comes out of the tavern.~

"Ralean could I speak to you a moment..." she takes a big breath as she walks over. still watching lilith and artimis in her side view.

~Not giving him a chance to decline..~ " Look am sorry about how I reacted before. I don't normally do that. I have just had a tiring day which i am sure you have also with all the traveling. But I just wanted to apologize."

~Glances towards the door as Gil comes out humming and smiles watching him a moment. then turns back to Ralean.~

" I really am sorry."
Back to top Go down
Lilith Genevaria

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-15, 14:15

*Lilith stands there continually stroking the horse. She looks up towards Jade and as she's about to answer her question, sees notices Ralean walk out of the pub with Gil behind him. She looks towards the two men and half smiles as Jade begins to walk towards Ralean. A long chain wrapped about four times loosely around her wrist gently moves up and down her arm with each stroke of the horse's hair. *
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 16:18

~Ral looks to Jade as she approaches, lifting a brow slightly as she apologizes. He chuckles, shaking his head. "There is no need for that, in the slightest." he catches her look to Gil with a smile of his own. he looks back at her a long moment. "It will be a few days until we are ready to leave. Until such time, I invite you..." he looks over her shoulder at Lilith with a smirk. 'And your friend to stay with us at the keep, if you so wish." he grins. "You'll be given ample opportunity to prove your worth, your talents, and skills with a blade and whatever weapons you profess proficiency in." he tilts his head. "That seems fair, I think. When you are ready, come to the keep, and send for me, I'll have you let it. If not, well met, and safe travels."

Ral does not wait for a response, nor does he look at either of them as he walks by, towards the stables, returning momentarily with a large jet black courser, well-muscled and energetic, an obvious war-trained animal. it is saddled for travel with well-worn and well-taken care of black leather saddle and stirrups. Ral tightens the girth acoss the horse's stomach and pulls himself onto it with a fluid motion, looking around at them all with a small smile before nudging his heels into the animal's sides to push it into a trot towards the keep~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 16:30

~~Gil nearly bumps into Ralean as he is stopped outside talking to Jade. he catches her glance and grins, lifting a large hand in greeting and sauntering off to the stables, returning with his own horse, a large auburn-red mare with a golden mane and tail, looking more like a draft horse than the war-horse it was. he reaches into a bag and produces an apple, feeding it to her with murmured words of encourgament and patting her neck as he sets the bottle in his hand in a saddle bag and begins to put her saddle on her, securing it with quick, deft movements of his large hands, the whole time humming merrily to himself as if all was well in the world. He spares a glance over to Jade and Ralean as they talk, and then to lilith, waving to her jovially before returning to his work.

once finished, he takes the reins, turning as Ral invites them to the castle. he looks at Ralean as he walks by him, nodding silently and walking his horse towards the two women left standing there. he turns back as Ral comes out of the stables and saddles, offering a quick salute as he rides away and chuckling to himself. he turns back to jade, smiling. "You know, it's his job to act that hard. He's had hard times, and his patience lessens every day. he's a good man, the best I know. He's saved my life more times than I can count." he chuckles, grinning a boyish grin. "He can be hard to please, and harder to live with, but he's honest, and fair too, and he means what he says. Besides, he's a duke, he can't very well go easy on everyone, can he? Especially not the pretty ones, he may seem to be playing favorites." he winks at Jade and pulls himself into the saddle. "Hopefully, I'll see you at the castle." he looks at her a moment, smiling still, and nods his head. He looks to Lilith and nods in acknowledgment as he starts to turn his horse away from them.~~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 19:31

~nodding and agreeing with him about seeing if she would be worth taking. The thought of a nice bath really sounding good. she smiles softly and runs a hand thru her hair as she turns back to lilith.~

"Well am going to take the Duke up on his offer to stay at the castle. Are you? "

~she walked close to them and walks to the front and unties Artimis and grabs his reigns. and starts to walk him towards the castle~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-17, 08:07

Still talking to Letala, he remained where he was at the bar next to her. His grin was almost sheepish as the Princess commented on where he should be, within palaces instead of bars.

"How is that fair? If you get to play the humble guest then so do I."

Smirking, he pushed his drink across the bar indicating with his hand to the bartender that he didn't want another by shaking his head.

Leaning on the bartop, he answered in honesty.

"Stone walls suit me when I want something, they do not when I prefer to be myself. I'm here to have a good time, I trust you are too?"

Yet as she mentioned his mother, Jared just looked up to the roof and shook his head in dismay. He couldn't help but have a reaction to it, and no doubt it was readable. Once again, he couldn't run off and do his own thing, restricted by whatever it was his mother or Vladamir wanted of him next. He was determined to change this.

"I'm sure she'd love to know I'm well, no doubt you'll report it to her on your return, hmm?"

Disappointed that he was one of HER decoys, Jared took her hand and brushed his lips across it, not leaving her precious gaze.

"Lady Letala, its been a pleasure. Should you wish to talk to me because you want to, because I might just be more handsome than Ralean, I'll gladly leave this noisy bar to do so. If you are here for business purposes only, then I have to end the discussion here."

He ML'ed Ralean: "Will catch up to you shortly, Ralean. Glad everything is arranged already and I'll meet you at the castle, don't leave without me."
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-17, 11:44

She was watching him carefully, not as a cat with a mouse but more a sweet curiosity rang in those jade hues of hers. A soft laugh fell from her lips as he spoke.

"Well if you are ever within my Kingdom your highness than I will do the honor of treating you a humble guest"

It was a fact that he was rather striking but none the less her mind was not distracted by such, though it wished to be. His words matched her own thoughts almost perfectly. The confinement of her home within Westral at times was daunting and she always enjoyed herself upon the road, nothing to care for. BUt it was a truth that surely few knew that it was mostly fear and doubt why she traveled the way she did. Her homes in the past were striped of her and now though she was returning to such and being welcomed with open arms, it was that painful memory of being forced out which stuck. She wished not to feel that sort of loss and displacement again.

Jared's gaze was in fact readable, more than he probably realized and she saw the thoughts spinning in his mind, though she could only guess truly what they were in fact. Ideas yes but it was not her position to pry. She had come here to seek out Jared and try and to convince him to return to see Ava but she knew now she it was not going to happen and it was time to indulge in her own wishes to meet and get to know the people of Aegis.

"Yes that I am, It is my first visit to Aegis I wish to see all that I can, and surely Prince if you wish me to deliver the message."

As her hand slipped in Jared's grasp and lips softly giving a sign of affection, she would let go the almost tenseness of her disperse fully.

"Well your Highness I would grately love to be in your company but if you have things to tend to I understand. I am here nothing other than..hmm what did I say, a 'humble guest', there is no buisness to be had on my end."
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-17, 18:02

"Thank you for your offer, sweetcheeks, but I don't travel often."

Was his instant retort to her invitation of realm trave, yet it was said with a playfu smik. He was teasing her. His mood was odd this evening, and mayhaps he wasn't quite himself. Yet, he shrugged and looked to her once more. He had sworn himself off women since the last was a disaster, but somehow he found that he couldn't be mean to this one.

"Forgive me, that was rude. Its been a long day."

He had no idea where his home was anymore, he thought that he really shouldn't knock it when soemone else invited him somewhere. With a shrug, and a sincere smile, Jared looked back down to her.

"Accept my appology and lets leave because its hard for me to even think in here. Unfortunately I do have business elsewhere that I have to tend to, but I can spare a few hours or so. Maybe you'd like me to walk you somewhere? Are you staying here in the city?"
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-17, 22:20

There was a bit of arrogance she felt but more it agitation. And though normally she would raise an eye brow to such a way to be addressed she didn't. She felt no need to take offense and was almost surprised as he apologized. She knew how it was to have those days. And her own town would become curt, a very rare thing for the Princess.

"No offense taken, promise."

She would smile again to him even as his words did hold a harsh edge. She wondered if he wished to be alone and if that would be a better thing. Regardless she was hoping that she would get to talk with Jared, just to know and meet him. She had heard Ava talk about him, but what mother would not of her son.

"I would greatly enjoy that, And I am currently staying in a guest room Ava set up for me in the Palace."

It was then she oddly stopped her words, it seemed that any question or talks would in fact be suited for a less noisy area, it was in becoming a bit daunting to her though she did not show it. She would motion to him that she wished to move from the area, turning away from Jared, though not even bothering to see if he was behind her catching her cue, she snaked her way through the crowds finding much relief as she stepped outside of the Tavern. A deep breath was taken and let out slowly before turning now to see where Jared stood.
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-17, 23:28

OOC: I've continued the conversation with Letala in a new seperate thread called "Outside the Tavern" so that its not too cluttered with people rp'ing inside the Tavern.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a day in the life...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3