Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop) Empty
PostSubject: A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop)   A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop) Icon_minitime2010-08-17, 17:12

((OOC: This is a continuation of This Thread ))

Artimus followed Lord Rensain into the small room, his hands clasped behind his back, head looking straight ahead. He stepped inside and closed the door, turning to face the man he had seen on many occasions.

He cleared his throat before he started, back held straight, standing like a guard.

Lord Rensain, I understand you now hold the position of Secratary of State. You have my genuine congratulations. His voice is steady, back to the old no-nonsense voice of a guard. Not dominating, not sounding authoritive, but also not sounded chided.
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop)   A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop) Icon_minitime2010-08-17, 17:38

{He strode with confidence into the room and turned around, waiting for the door to be shut. Placing his cane casually down and leaning mildly on it, Rensain nodded at the respect that Artimus gave him and returned it. His tone held the air of authority required yet he didn't speak over the former Captain.}

"Many thanks, not a bad position. King Vladamir makes a profitable employer, he rewards handsomely for work well done."

{He gestured to a seat and took one himself, visably relaxing.}

"Forgive my surprise, Captain Artimus, but I had assumed you were dead."

{It was old habit to call the man by his previous title, yet it was not meant out of disrespect.}
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop)   A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop) Icon_minitime2010-08-17, 23:21

Artimus took the offered seat, himself starting to relax slightly. He wasn't used to sitting as an equal like this; previously he just used to stand. He folded his hands together.

Please, just call me Artimus. I no longer hold any rank. His voice sounded was slightly more relaxed now too.

As for my state of health, I imagine it may come as a bit of a shock to many people. I unfortunately had some pressing personal matters to attend to, and rather than ask for an extended leave of absence, I found it easier to resign completely as I had no idea how long I was to be away for.

He paused for a moment, realizing that never in his wildest dreams had he ever imagined sitting face-to-face opposite Rensain, telling him about his life.

As it is, now I have returned, I'm surprised to see many changes.

He had never been good at articulating himself like this, more accustomed to giving verbal reports on facts and findings than social talk.
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop)   A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop) Icon_minitime2010-08-24, 15:49

{Rensain listened to what the man had to say and gave a curt nod when Artimus was done.}

"I see."

{He paused, and his expression was thoughtful. Clasping his hands together infront of him, Rensain's tone was questioning, yet non-threatening.}

"Did you not have some...issues with Bathory before you left, Artimus? I recall conflict."

{He thought he'd give the ex-Captain a chance to explain himself.}
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop)   A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop) Icon_minitime2010-08-25, 07:56

He could hear the tone in Rensain's voice, and replied in a flat, even tone as if giving a report.

Yes we did have a few disagreements, but most of those arose from my position as Captain of the Royal guards, sworn protectors of her safety. Of course most of our disagreements arose from one particular situation, which has now.... been dealt with.

He gave a small shrug.

At the end of the day, I guess I was just a member of staff. Can you honestly say you were never angry with one of your servants?

He gave a small pause, then leant forward.

That of course was in the past. I tendered my resignation before I left, and I am happy to abide by that. I have no wish to cause conflict, I'm a simple man just looking to return to the place I called Home for so many years.
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop)   A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop) Icon_minitime2010-08-29, 12:17

"Her Majesty has been...indisposed of late. No one has seen her, so I wouldn't worry too much for your disagreements."

{Rensain's strong eyes held an understanding with Artimus, since the Captain had not been the only one to suffer such disputes with her highness. However, it was clear that he was assessing the man to see how honest and trustworthy he might be.}

"In truth, if it wasn't for Vladamir, I do not think Bathory would have me around at all."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop)   A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop) Icon_minitime2010-08-29, 15:13

Yes, I heard she hadn't been seen for a while. I believe she was last seen somewhere in the vacinity of Icehold?

He felt it wise to let Rensain know that despite not having been around for a while, he was good at finding information out. Despite the fact the two of them had been adversaries - if that was the right word - Artimus' feeling towards him were simply a product of what he had stood for. He had been a sworn protector of the Queen and had seen Rensain as a threat to that. However if the balance of power had moved and he was now trusted, who was he to question it.

He cleared his throat as a something Rensain had said struck him.

Sorry M'lord, but did you say King Vladamir was the one who hired you.
Was hire the right word? Damn him, he had never been good with finding the right words.

He was still curious about the condition of Marloc. He knew Rensain and his wife now lived over on the Thunderplains. Had someone replaced him in his former home, or was lying all alone?
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop)   A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop) Icon_minitime2010-08-30, 17:56

{Rensain cocked his head to one side and frowned at the mention of Bathory being near Icehold.}

"Icehold? I do hope thats not the case."

{Artimus had unknowingly made his blood drop cold. If Bathory was anywhere near Icehold, then that would mean some Carthallion scheme, surely. It would mean that in some way, she'd been set up - possibly dead. This idea made him shift in his seat uncomfortably, and so he cleared his throat.}

"Yes, Vladamir. I am Royal Secretary and all documents go through me. Now, speaking of hiring, I have a job for you if you're up to the task. My son Marcus is missing, I need help locating him."

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop)   A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop) Icon_minitime2010-08-30, 22:49

((OOC I just checked my notes and it seems he DOESN'T actually know she is at Icehold. He's got her confused with Amarra! Just in case you're wondering how the hell he thinks Batthy is at Icehold. Art is slightly slightly flustered, being int he same room as rensain. There's a lot of testosterone in this small room Very Happy ))

Artimus was certain Icehold had been mentioned. he'd have to double check his notebook when he returned home. His attention was called away by mention of a job.

Interesting. He said. A son?
Your wife offered me a job earlier. At first I thought it might be to help run this shop, but she asked me to contact her at your home, so I then assumed it must be of a personal nature. I wonder if it was similar?

He stroked his short beard.

I can't promise you anything, but if I should find any trace of him, I will let you know. Do you have a description of him, I certainly don't remember him from before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop)   A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A chat with Lord Rensain (In the Tea Shop)
Page 1 of 1