Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A meeting long over due...

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

A meeting long over due... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A meeting long over due...   A meeting long over due... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-02-28, 23:14

Ava visably cringed in Vladamir's direction as she tilted her head to look at him. Her fingernails drummed on the wooden table in annoyance.

"Must you mention the accountant when I have a guest, Vladamir?"

She returned her gaze back to Letala, and shook her head, somewhat embarrassed and disgusted with Vlad.

"Do forgive me, Lady Letala, Vladamir has been short fused of late. Had I known there was a body in the corner, I'd have never have brought you in here. How tasteless."

She then continued after picking up her wine glass once again.

"But to answer your question, yes I do indeed have room for you and your household to stay. It would be wonderful to show off my realm to you - or whats left of it. In some areas' we're still recovering from an expensive war."
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: A meeting long over due...   A meeting long over due... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-02-28, 23:24

She would keep fairly quiet through the exchanges between king and and queen and secertary, An awkward smile upon her face now at the mention of the body within the corner, something that she herself has not noticed, which shocked her indeed, was her mind in that much out of touch by the days events and past transgressions to not have her keen sense to pick up something of that grand nature? None the less she would keep her own thoughts of such a show in her mind,

The fact that such a King would leave about rotting corpses confused her but none the less she would shrug off the thought.

At hearing Ava's words about housing she would focus her attention to Rensain shortly before falling back to Ava. A brush of the hand would be given to the comment of embaressment and words would not be even given of such. An odd thing to do perhaps.

"I do appreciate it my dear friend as for housing, and again I would love to see you realm in full."

She was doing the best she could to focus upon Ava before her, Rensain and Vlad as well as now the body within the corner pulling upon her attention battling it out as who would win.
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A meeting long over due...   A meeting long over due... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-02-28, 23:55

{Rensain approached the house staff and sent them off in a flurry of different directions, one returning immediately with a blanket to cover the body. Reluctant guards approached and lifted it, shuffling it's deadweight as fast as possible from the room. He would discuss this later with Vladamir he had decided. For now, he focused on the job at hand and introduced Letalia in a low voice to Vladamir.}

"This Lady claims she is Lady Letalia, noble of Westeria, personal friend of Queen Bathory's. She spoke of a realm called Disideri...which she was first lady of before the realm itself collapsed."
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: A meeting long over due...   A meeting long over due... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-03-01, 07:35

She would hear Rensain call out her list of titles and did her best not to roll eyes, titles to her had never meant much, despite the rummors that were spread like wildfire, in fact there was a bigger part of her that hated the court and the life of a royal. The privlliages that came with it yes were all good and well, and not a day went by where she didn't think she was blessed by fates to be in a position where worry of money or a home were no concern of her, yet the backstabbing nature that came with a life on court, with titiles, was a life in which she could do with out. And though she was not fan of titles she loved them alll, from her crown in Westral as well as abassador duties, to her once titles in Disideri, she took them with a seriousness though her mind at times wished not too.

Eyes shifted to Rensain now as he spoke and she would give him another endearing smile as she did before shifting that gaze yet again to now rest upon the king. Words still were not spoken as she thought best to wait for the king to reply. Only kind expression would be exchanged.
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A meeting long over due...   A meeting long over due... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-03-02, 10:48

<< nods to Renny as he speaks, not really seeming to be paying much attention to a word he is saying.>>

I see, well, you are welcome here dear. I would suggest however that our dear Queen not show you the entire realm as there are certain places here that are less than hospitable to anyone that enjoys life. You will have to pardon the mess, but with a recent war there is much to do and only one of me to do it.

Ava, arrange some fomral affair or another to welcome the lady, and try to keep it within budget.

Rensain, I need you in my office in an hour....have them bring my desk back will you.

Now ladies, if you will excuse me, I have to speak with my brother, and if I leave him waiting he's likely to go and devour the kitchen again.
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

PostSubject: Re: A meeting long over due...   A meeting long over due... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-03-03, 20:24

Ava almost squealed with excitment, she clasped her hands together.

"A formal affair? Sounds wonderful, husband."

She turned her attentions back to Letala, still smiling with delight and eagerness.

"We'll invite some of the nobility and I'll have the pleasure of introducing you to some of our polite society...a nice small dinner party, perhaps? Nothing too grand, no doubt you'd find a ball overwhelming and Vladamir finds them a bother financially"

The truth of it was that Ava adored balls, and she knew damn well that finace wouldn't be a bother if Vladamir was more eager to part with his huge wealth. The tricky part was convincing him to do so.

"I'll arrange it for a few nights away from now so that you have enough time to become settled here."
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: A meeting long over due...   A meeting long over due... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-03-03, 20:36

"Oh come now Ava, both of you have been very hospitable and I have not even been within your realm but a half a day, that isn't necessary, you know that of me, I am but a simple woman traveling to see you my dear friend."

A warm smile upon her face at the joy over her friend's face at the idea of a formal affair something she had no doubt that she would feel.

"A ball would not be overwhelming my dear but most defiantly unnecessary as stated before."

The wine glass would be greeted by lips to take the last small sip of liquid. Her gaze would linger upon Ava, a gentle smile worn.
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

PostSubject: Re: A meeting long over due...   A meeting long over due... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-03-04, 20:29

"You're too kind, my dear. Of course I am going to be hospitiable, you're my friend and I'm glad to have you here. Its certainly been a long time since someone I actually genuinely liked has come to visit me."

With a small smile, she continued to speak warmly.

"We'll have our staff bring your things, you can stay in our best guest room."

She glanced over to Vladamir and spoke in mild jest.

"Do be a sweetheart, Husband and remember which room you're returning to this eve. No doubt Lady Letala would not appreciate your advances."

Ava turned back and smirked to Letala, still teasing and laughing.

"Keep a frying pan underneath your bed, I do."
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: A meeting long over due...   A meeting long over due... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-03-04, 20:38

She would match her friends teasing laughter.

"I will keep that in mind my dear friend."

Her laughter would subside and that smirk would rest upon her painted lips. It was so good to laugh again. Such joy had alluded her for some time, she had almost forgotten how it felt to feel such lightness within her heart, a heart that had been so troubled with matters of darker things she had been doing so well to avoid.

"Again Ava I think you, I know myself as well as my staff that is with me would enjoy the rest, it has been months of endless travel it seems."
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A meeting long over due...   A meeting long over due... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-03-06, 12:44

<< rises to his feet, a small black book tucked under his arm>>

Ava, such an attempt at crude humor doesn't suit. Just be certain that when you send out the invitations to get one out to my brother. Otherwise we may have worse issues to deal with than the cook's soufles. oh, and invite his wife...he'll brong her anyway so you may as well just add her to the invite. Use small letters if you want, but make sure she is on there. He takes offense easily and has a massive army on our border.

Letala, enjoy your time with us, if you need anything I will place Rensain at your disposal, provided he is not tending to matters of state at the time.

<< spins on his heel and heads to a back door, calling out to a servant to make sure the kitchen had plenty of salmon in for his brother's arrivla.>>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A meeting long over due...   A meeting long over due... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A meeting long over due...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2