Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To find the Council members (Part 1)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

To find the Council members (Part 1) Empty
PostSubject: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 17:21

((OOC: This is a continuation of the thread from Cape Salarain.))

~Tiberious thundered his horse towards the city of Draco. The spires of the city had been visible for several miles now, and up ahead on the road he spotted a lone traveller. A small smile crossed his face. He pushed his horse on and finally caught up with the man as he was leaving the stables. Tiberious was still on his horse as he slowed it and called out.~

"Artimus!" ~He dismounted and kept a watch as he caught the mans attention. He knew Artimus was anxious to reach the library and check on Indis.~
"Artimus, wait a moment."
~He turned to the stablemaster and asked him to water and feed the horse for him, then ensured he had the satchel on him and ran over to Artimus.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 20:31

((OOC: I'm going to assume the previous thread set in the library is invalid, so Artimus hasn't made it there yet.))

He had dismounted his horse and was about to run to the library when he heard someone call his name. He recognised that voice. He turned and saw Tiberious astride his horse. A frown crossed Artimus's face as he wondered what the hell Tiberious was doing here. Or what he wanted with him. What he (Artimus) wanted was to check Indis was alright. That was his most pressing thought right now, but out of respect for his old friend he paused while Tiberious checked his horse in. He folded his arms and waited.

What? I'm kind of in a rush here.

He knew Tiberious knew what had happened, and why Artimus was so frustrated.
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 21:03

~He held the man's gaze.~

"Indis is fine. She appeared just after you left. We tried to get to you but you had left already."

~He paused to let that lie sink in before continuing.~

"I've got a job that needs doing. Duke Leto has asked for your help, he said he figured you owe him a favour from saving your life. We need to see Duchess Seaspray and deliver a message to her."

~He started to walk towards the large building where Duchesses did their thing.~

"And to visit the kitchens to see Carmen."

~Yes he'd sent a pageboy to run this errand for him, but no harm in having more.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 21:11

Artimus felt a large weight drop from his shoulders as he heard Indis was fine. He took a deep breath to calm himself and realized how on edge he had been.

She's alright?

He listened as Tiberious explained what was happening. Why in the nine hells would Leto think Tiberious would need help delivering a message to Amarra? And why did he need him to visit the kitchens?
He started to walk alongside Tiberious.

The Duke thinks you're incapable of finding one woman in a city, without help does he? He doesn't know you very well.
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 21:19

~He turned his head to look at the man next to him, sighing slightly. Somethings never change.~

"No, he doesn't thin me incapable of finding the Duchess. It's all the other Dukes and Duchess we've got to find."

~He kept his voice flat. He didn't want to hate Artimus, after all he'd promised Jade he would keep him safe. But there were times he just wanted to smack his face in.~

~They reached the main entrance and Tiberious asked a servant if they could be announced to the Duchess. The servant apologised and said she wasn't currently in the city. Tiberious turned and glared at Artimus with a 'I told you this wouldn't be easy' look, raising one eyebrow.~

"I'll go to the kitchen, see if Carmen knows where she is. You ask around the city. Oh, and keep your bloody nose away from the library. I don't want to have come separate you two with a bucket of cold water!"

~He walked down into the kitchen area, speaking to Carmen the cook and taking a large supply of candy sticks from him. he then walked back outside to see what Artimus had found out.~

Last edited by Tiberious Farstrider on 2011-02-12, 11:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 21:27

As soon as the servant said she wasn't in the city, he knew this wouldn't be easy. And he also knew he would have to concede that Tiberious had a point.
And deliver messages to the other Dukes and Duchesses? He left Tiberious, his head spinning with this.

He glanced over at the library but didn't go in. He wanted to, wanted to run in and tell her he knew it was all going to be alright, but Tiberious was right.

He stopped off at a few places, asking discretely, but no one seemed to know where she was. One rumour said she was in Icehold, held captive there. Another said she had vanished. One very intoxicated man told Artimus on very good authority that she had been transformed by the pixies of the everest forest, and was now living her life as a frog. Artimus thanked the man for his valuable information then disregarded it as soon as he was out of sight.

He walked back and saw Tiberious standing outside.

Icehold or Meriddia are the best I could get. Of course, you could have just asked me.

He flashed his cocky grin.

Mrs. Rensain said Amarra and Jared stopped off at her house on their way back from Icehold. They were heading to Meriddia. Which is good. I need to visit Meriddia and see a woman about a horse.

Last edited by Artimus Morningstar on 2011-02-12, 11:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 21:28

~He started walking back towards the stables~

"Lady Caledore? You know her?"
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 21:31

Artimus walked alongside the bigger man.

Oh yes. We're old friends. Like this we are

He held out his hand and crossed two of his fingers.

Invited me in for tea and everything. Even offered to show me her little plot of land. If you catch my meaning.

He winked with that cocky smile on his face.

Course, she thought I was a curtain salesman...
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 21:40

~He raised an eyebrow yet again as he looked at the man next to him. Was he saying... No. He couldn't be, could he?~

"That's a dangerous game to be playing. If Lord Rensain catches you at it, he'll kill you on the spot!"

~They were nearing the stables.~

"So, next moves? We need to deliver messages to Duke Swiftblade, Duchess Seapray, Prince Jared, Lord Rensain and Duke Kharne. The Prince and the Duchess could well be together. Duke Swiftblade was in Grorr last time I was there and Lord rensain is at the King's old residence."

Last edited by Tiberious Farstrider on 2011-02-12, 11:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 21:44

Artimus looked over as he mentioned being caught by Rensain, but said nothing. Artimus was, after all, only joking. It was Tiberious's own fault that he didn't have a sense of humour. he walked into the stable and checked his borrowed horse, then mounted it as he listened to the mission briefing.

Kharne? You came from Salarain and you didn't think to deliver a message to Kharne first? Leto was right. You do need someone to hold your hand. Right. I don't think Ralean will be too pleased to see me. Not after what happened... We could head over to Meriddia and see the Prince and Amarra. Maybe take her a glass of water as a gift?

Last edited by Artimus Morningstar on 2011-02-12, 11:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 21:47

~He mounted his own horse and gave a quizzical stare at Artimus.~

"A glass of water?"

~He shook his head in disgust at the man's thinking.~

"I think Grorr first. Duke Swyftblade should be fairly easy to find in Grorr. And this is my mission, the Duke gave it to me. You're just... my paigeboy."

~He smiled slightly at that remark and ignored the jibe about him failing to do anything about Kharne. He thought he'd do him at the end, seeing how he had to go back to the Cape. They started off through the gates and out onto the road. Once they were out of earshot of anyone, Tiberious leaned in close.~

"The Duke has set an ambush for the Auroran army. If we go this way we'll walk right into it."

Last edited by Tiberious Farstrider on 2011-02-12, 11:52; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 21:52

Your paigeboy? You expect me to bend down on all fours to help you get off your horse, and wash you and cloth you and...

He trailed off, smiling to himself. He was enjoying spending time with old friend once more.

Once they reached a certain point and Tiberious explained the ambush, Artimus felt a chill down his spine.

And if they are moving through the country peacefully?

He looked at Tiberious knowing he must feel the same way Artimus felt. After all, they had never started a fight, only ever finished them.

Last edited by Artimus Morningstar on 2011-02-12, 11:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 21:54

~He was glad to finally wipe that smug grin off his face.~

"And how likely is it that an entire legion of Paladins are talking a stroll through the countryside?"

Last edited by Tiberious Farstrider on 2011-02-12, 11:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 22:02

If you lived in Icehold, I'm sure you would want ot get some fresh air too. Maybe Jaric said "I'm nipping out to the shops, anyone want anything" and everyone said "Can I come too?"

He paused for a moment.

Maybe they just want a change of scenary. A break from the norm. To get away from it all for a while.....

Last edited by Artimus Morningstar on 2011-02-12, 12:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 22:03

"You know your problem? You never know when to shut the hell up!"

~He snapped slightly, shaking his head.~

"I don't know why I don't just throw you to the ground and leave you to die out here."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 22:04

.. and chance to see pastures new.

He glanced over to the other man.

Yes you do. You know why. Because you're scared I'll die and come back as a ghost and tell Jade you did this to me. And haunt you forever.

He smiled and looked back at the road.
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 22:06

~He gave him a sideways glance. As if it wasn't bad enough with Jade's mum turning up when you least expected her, he really couldn't face having Artimus as a ghost too.~

"You know, you remind me of a character in a book once. It was a story about a man trying to get on with his life, but this annoying creature kept trying to be his friend and annoyed the hells out of him."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 22:07

You read a book? Was it made of cardboard and chewproof?
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 22:14

~His nostrils flared but he remained silent at the obvious jibes. If Leto hadn't ordered him to bring Artimus... ~

~He glanced at the side of the road and wondered how long someone would actually take to die if left there.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 22:15

Ok, so he wasn't taking the bait. Artimus sat back in the saddle.

I think I know the story you're on about. Wasn't the hero of the story a foul tempered, ugly, smelly ogre? I think i read that story too.
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 22:16

~He nodded.~

"That's the one."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 22:16

And just to be clear. I'm the annoying sidekick, right?
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 22:17

~He nodded, rowing weary of this conversation now.~

"Yes, you are."

~he paused and realized what that made him.~

"Look, just forget it."

Last edited by Tiberious Farstrider on 2011-02-12, 12:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 22:22

Artimus smirked as the penny dropped.

So, this trap. You don't think we should ride around it or something? Seems such a shame to waste a perfectly good trap for someone like us.

Last edited by Artimus Morningstar on 2011-02-12, 12:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime2011-02-05, 22:27

~He had thought about it, but what Art said made sense. Give him hsi dues, Artimus was a good planner. A bloody pain to travel with, it worth it for the planning.~

"You know your main problem?"

Last edited by Tiberious Farstrider on 2011-02-12, 12:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To find the Council members (Part 1)   To find the Council members (Part 1) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To find the Council members (Part 1)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next