Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The New Way - A Meeting of Minds

Go down 
+11
Vladamir Carthallion
Kharne Serafin
Arianna Serafin
Kinsen
Giligian
Catona
Jared Crimsonflame
Amarra
Ralean SwyftBlade
Verran Dracos
Angel
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-15, 15:57

Rensain remained polite and formal, granting a sharp incline of his head as the new Queen dismissed them both. Guiding his beautiful and elegant wife gently by the arm, very protectively, he makes sure they were out of ear shot. "I wonder what happened?" he said with a small smile.

Then he would turn around and bring a chair out from a table, offering it to his wife if she so chose. Helping himself to two glasses of the juice and passing some to Maire, he took a sip and glanced around, looking for Amarra. No sooner had he done this, that he would see her approach.

"Ah, Lady Amarra, there you are." He smiles warmly, his dark eyes cool and sharp. Carefully he leaned low and reached out to kiss her hand. "Its so good to see you..." he left out the "alive" part of that conversation, releasing her delicate and smooth hand as he stood next to Maire. "Tell me, how have you been? Much has changed here, has it not?" He commented, looking around at the new decor once again.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-15, 16:13

~looks up at the queen, startled at her laughter, and has a suspicious feeling she may know what it's about. With another glance toward the balcony to check on Jared, she turns her reddening face toward Rensain and his wife and smiles, hearing his unspoken word as if he'd said it aloud. She inclines her head respectfully to both of them~

It's good to see you as well, Lord Rensain, and your lady wife. Lady Maire, you look truly lovely. I was hoping you'd be here this evening. I'd love to spend some time with you if you're feeling up to it. Things have definitely changed. We can only hope it's all for the good of Aegis. And I've been very well, thank you.

~she looks around the room, noting again the changes, and can't help thinking about Queen Bathory and if she's well. She turns back to Rensain with a serious expression. She goes on with a soft voice, not feeling the need to let the whole room hear this part of the discussion~

My lord, the last time we met, you opened your home to us. You and your wife welcomed me as a guest. It was not something I expected. Knowing what I'm sure you did of me, and of our reason for being there, you would have had every right to treat me... less than kindly. When you returned me to the palace, you not only showed me kindness, but comfort as well. I will never forget it. I wanted to thank you, both of you, for what you did for me. You and I have not always seen eye to eye, Lord Rensain, but I misjudged you, and I apologize. I'd like to start over, if you're willing.
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-15, 16:21

Maire took the seat offered to her adjustiing her skirts. She was always grateful for Rensains protectiveness. Once again most people had not seen that side of him. She sipped at the elegant glass filled with juice. When Amarra came over she smiled warmly "It was our pleasure to have you Lady Amarra. I know things got ...shall we say chaotic for you and I am so happy to see you." she looked at the young woman intently "Things are alright now?"

She knew that things had been so percarious for Amarra and she liked the girl. She wasnt suprised when something was said about Rensain. He had a reputation in the kingdom, some of course was earned but many times gossip blew things out of perportion. Rensain could be a dangerous man and enemy, his motivations at times however had been misunderstood.

Maire knew he loved Aegis and its people, she saw the man while others only saw what he wanted them to see. She awaited his reply to Amarra while her eyes studied her intently.
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-15, 20:20

He rested his arm very lightly upon Maire's shoulder, standing to her side whilst giving his full attention to Lady Amarra. He heard Queen Angel laugh, and followed Amarra's gaze to look very quickly at Angel. Then he turned and looked back to Lady Amarra, ignoring the fact that she was blushing red.

Standing there he graciously nodded and accepted Amarra's beautiful words of appreciation. He smiled, raised his glass and took a small drink of his juice. Then, placing his glass down on a side table, Rensain stepped infront of Maire and without saying anything, pulled Amarra gently into his arms, granting her a warm embrace.

It would be a few moments before he said anything, just holding her lightly. Leaning in to her ear, he spoke with kindness and affection. "We have all made mistakes, Lady Amarra and whats in the past, shall stay in the past. Consider the whole affair forgotten. As for my home, you are always welcome to come and visit us there. I shall arrange for your own dwellings should you need it."

He stepped back, held her at arms length, smiled and then leaned across, picked up his juice and returned to Maire, smiling at her the most. Then he would lean into her from the side of the chair and kiss her lightly upon the cheek
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-16, 12:40

~She is shocked at Rensain's embrace, and a bit nervous at first. It's so unexpected that it takes her a moment to realize that there is no danger here, and then she returns the gesture. At his words, she feels grateful tears behind her eyes, but she blinks them back. It hadn't been easy for her to say what she had. She had known it was a risk and had just hoped for mutual respect. Instead, she's found acceptance, and if she isn't mistaking him, perhaps friendship as well. Her own smile is just as warm as she releases a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding~

I would be honored and pleased to visit. And any help I can be to you both, before or after the delivery, would be a pleasure. I believe I'll be needing the practice.

~the return of her hiccups startles her, but she makes a firm attempt to ignore them for the time being, though she does keep a close eye on the door to the balcony~

Things are... much better, Lady Maire. Thank you. Jared and I finally remembered why we'd wanted to marry each other in the first place, and we've been getting along remarkably well every since.

~laughs softly, fully aware of the previously volatile nature of their relationship. She decides now is not the best time to go into detail about what had happened after the last time she'd seen them, given the rest of the guests in the throne room, but she nods quietly to Maire to acknowledge her concern and reassure her that all is well~

Jared is taking the changes hard, understandably. I'm trying to be as much of a comfort to him as I can be. It's an uncertain time for all of us, I think.
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-17, 15:26

~Didn't remember much about how he got there, but he found himself leaning over the balcony with some strange vapors hitting his nostrils. "God...Damn..." he rubbed his face, smacking it a little, then noticing how wet it was. "...urgh..." he felt like like he had the worlds biggest hangover and a lump on his head. "Did someone hit me already?"

Blinking a little, it all dawned on him rather fast what had happened and he paled again. "I'll be alright.....I'm ok..I just need to speak with Amarra...we're having a baby" He smiled a little, but groaned, feeling sick with nerves. Jared turned leaned over the balcony again. "...I need some clean clothes...I'm just shocked, thats all...I don't know if I'm ready...I..Its not as if I'm not ready but..what do I do? I wasn't raised, I was dragged up and I don't know anything about kids. I'm not crown prince anymore...I'm going to need work...oh god, where am I going to find work?"~
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-18, 10:34

~Ral chuckles, setting the glass down on the floor. "No, but it isn't like I didn't consider it." he gestures to the pile of clothes and the flagon of water. "Clean up a bit, wash the taste out of your mouth, and try to act a little bit more like you're happy for the news, and a little less like you just ate soiled meat." he grins, the statement meant light heartedly, and offers a hand to hlp jared to his feet. "And as for work, I hear the Aegean army is always looking for men who can swing a sword or stab with a spear." he shrugs. "Things that that, though, you can worry about when you get there. one step at a time."

he glanes to Wulfgang. "And perhaps our good friend would be willing to share another drink before we all go back in there."~
Back to top Go down
Wulfgang

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-21, 19:38

~ Two more glasses seem to appear out of nowhere, the dwarven liquor already filled to a safe point for all involved and he holds them out to the two men.~

No need to worry too much there boy, always work to be done in the military, and kids are easy to deal with, just foster em off early, sign them away into apprenticeship as soon as ye can, and they'll be fine....and remember, there is a benefit to this pregnancy thing...like the giant tits they get when they're pregnant...only problem is the damned mood swings.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-21, 21:55

Angel Mind Linked Kinsen and told him what she had heard about Amarra and Jared, just so he knew what was going on and for entertainment value. But now, she realized, it was time to get down to business. She sat and looked around the room. Everyone who needed to be there was in attendance, save her beloved husband Jaric.

Inhaling deeply, she forced herself to relax. Angel knew in her mind what she wanted to say, she just needed to draw the strength to say it. Her eyes cast about the room again, to the balcony doors. She wondered if Jaric and Ralean would be back in anytime soon. No matter, she would have to begin.

Clearing her throat, she began, her voice strong and confident. "Good Evening, everyone." Angel paused to allow those who might have been carrying on a conversation to quiet. "If I could have your attention please." . She waited to make sure that all eyes would be set upon her and waited for the room to hush.

"I have brought us all here to officially announce that the ownership of the realm of Aegis has been handed over to myself Angel Carthallion and My Lord Husband,Jaric Carthallion - King and Queen of Aurora. From now on, there will be a new government and new traditions. Change is imminent, yet positive. Rest assured that I will always endevor to serve you all to the best of my ability. I was born and raised in Aegis, I feel I know the people well." She paused and gave everyone a moment to digest this, again casting her eyes about the room with firece determination.
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-22, 14:45

Rensain noted Amarra's appreciation and smiled to her once again. Then he stood straight and polite, one hand behind his back as he took a gentle sip of the juice. He was partly listening to the conversation between Amarra and Maire, but also, he would glance up and watch the new Queen.

Queen Angel. Hmm. As she commanded the room to her attention, Rensain turned to face her more and looked up the steps to her throne. His eyes flickered, and he remembered a time so long ago that he was amazed to have the memory. His own parents once had sat upon the throne, doting on Rensain's brother Whitewolf. He would always beg for their attentions, excelling at academics only to be shunned at every turn. The thought made him squeeze his glass a little harder.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-23, 06:51

~as Angel starts to speak, she takes a step toward the balcony for Jared, then thinks better of it. If he's upset, the last thing he needs is her interference. She does wish he was beside her, though. She sighs softly, pushing aside her worry about how he's taking things, and turns to face the throne, keeping a hand in front of her mouth to try and stifle her hiccups. When Angel formally announces her new position as queen of Aegis, she casts a glance around the room to watch others' reactions, especially Lord Vladamir. If there is some kind of mistake, she knows he'll be quick to speak up. With a hidden frown, she also quietly checks on Rensain, vaguely recalling he had some claim to the throne at one time. She could almost hope Jared stays outside for a while, knowing how hard this is on him~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-23, 16:01

~He grins again as Ralean gives him a hand and helps him up on his feet. He knew full well Ral was right, he would have to find a way to work it out. Jared nods to Wulfgang and Ralean as he stands there, wiping his face. He glanced around to see if anyone was really paying attention - or if Amarra was nearby. From the sounds of what was going on inside, a speech was underway.

He turned back and saw Wulfgangs offer of a glass. Grateful for the alcohol, Jared doesn't question whats inside of it, instead taking an appreciative gulp. It burnt down his throat, and he had to cough a couple of times. "Damn, what is that stuff?" He laughed quietly, as not to draw attention to it, but had to hide yet another loud laugh at Wulfgang's comment. He looked to Ralean "Is HE always like this?"

Looking down at his clothes he inhales deeply. "Thanks for the drink and thoughts, gents. I'd better get get changed and find Amarra." He pats both of them on the shoulder, giving Ralean another grateful nod at the fresh clothes then begins to walk towards his old own palace rooms. Then he stopped, paused and turned around, frowning. Where the hell was he supposed to get changed? With a shrug of his shoulders, he found a member of staff who nodded and began to lead him to a guest room.

Mind Linking Amarra "I'll be there in a moment..I need to change my clothes and I'll be back. Not missing anything, am I?"~
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-25, 07:03

~watches Jared leave the balcony, then turns her attention back to Queen Angel as she returns his ML quickly so she doesn't miss anything else that might be said before he comes back to the throne room~

"She's started her speech. She says Aegis was handed over to her and Lord Jaric, there will be new governments and traditions. She was born here, she knows Aegis well, and will serve its people as well as she can."
Back to top Go down
Arianna Serafin

Arianna Serafin

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-25, 07:10

::Her mismatched eyes study their new queen with open curiosity, but no hostility. She loops her arm through her father's, staying close by his side for now. There aren't many people here she recognizes, though she did catch a glimpse of her older brother for a moment earlier, and while normally she might try to meet the people around her, the tension in this place today is palpable. She's impressed by Queen Angel's speech so far, except that one thought is still prevalent in her mind. She knows Kharne can hear her thoughts easily enough, so she doesn't bother speaking aloud, or even using a mindlink as she thinks.::

Then where is Mother?
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-25, 18:35

~Ral grins. "When he isn't killing people, at least. get ready, I'll meet you back in the throne room and we'll see what this mess is about, eh?"

turning to Wulfgang as Jared leaves, he shrugs. "Well, we're missing the parts they'll expect us to be present for. Who knows, maybe after this they'll bring out the real drinks." he downs his own shot, grinning at the involuntary flex in his neck muscles, and proffers the glass to Wulfgang as he exits the balcony doors, straightening his cloak as he does so, and looks around to see how the announcement had been recieved.~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-25, 18:37

~~Gil raises his glass at Angel's pronouncement, not quite sure of the consequences of the statement, and vaguely expecting there to be some unease among those assembled. his other hand was near his belt, thumb looped under it, hand near a weaon, just in case. His eyes casually assessed the reactions of those around him, and he waited to see if there would be any undue responses.~~
Back to top Go down
Kinsen

Kinsen

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-25, 18:40

=Getting Angel's ML, he smiles a small smile. It was fairly amusing, poor man. He silently wished the man luck and long springs, smiling.

As Angel begins to speak, he sits calmly, listening to the speech and nodding to himself, having already known what that statement would bring. He swirls his glass of water absently, wondering if there would be a conflict in the transition. Such an announcement would bring enemies, and any foolish ones may well try to make an end of it quickly. That was the reason for the strong guard. However, any wise enemy would bide their time.

He lifts the glass to his lips, watching the eyes of those gathered for any sign on unease=

Last edited by Kinsen on 2012-02-25, 18:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Catona

Catona

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-25, 18:45

=Catona stands beside Angel, still as stone. His eyes find each person in the room in turn, monitoring their reactions. His body is in a state of relaxed readiness, the tension that of a hunting cat: leisurely and reserved. He was ready for any threats, and knew he was not alone. He hoped there were none foolish enough to make themselves a threat now, but knew that as far as the world went, it was fool of fulls.=
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-25, 22:43

Angel took a deep breath and allowed for a small silence. She thought for a brief moment and her eyes cast down, before looking back up at everyone. "I'm sure some of you are wondering where Ava Bathory is at this moment, and I'm sure there are many of you who care for her wellbeing. I am not her keeper, and I do not know where she is or why she has gone. Since her husband is in the room, I'm sure Vladamir can answer those questions."

A servant brought up another glass of water on a silver tray, and she took it, cupping it in her hands she rested it in her lap. This action brought another small and thoughtful pause. Her blue and serious eyes became direct with the expecting audience, and Angel's tone remained serious "It serves us better not to dwell on the past, and from now on we won't. In the next few weeks I want us to have celebrations and laughter, the populance of Aegis must understand that the hard times are in the past."

Now she needed to get to the point. "I have called you all here for a good reason. There will indeed be a change in titles and job positions, but rest assured I shall be making use of all of you. Most importantly, we shall no longer have an Aegis council or council meetings." Angel laughed a little "My Lord Husband doesn't speak highly of them and refused to attend another." She continued, still smiling warmly as her tone remained serious "Whilst we shall have appointed advisors, we will not be dictated to as to how this realm is run."

Angel paused for a breath and took another sip of water. "Instead, I shall appoint you all in your new roles and you shall answer directly to myself and Lord Jaric as and when needed. Now, please listen carefully for your name, and approach the throne when called."

Angel looked to Rensain and Maire. "Lord Rensain and Lady Maire - please come forward."
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-26, 00:30

~Ral listens closely as Angel speaks, and he nods slowly. He had his questions about Bathory, but now was neither the place nor the time to raise his concerns. Stepping closer so that he could hear more clearly, he snags a glass of water from a passing servant and takes a drink. Wulfgang had the right idea, and he felt not nearly drunk enough to sit through this.

At the disbanding of the council, Ral smiles wryly and lifts his glass to Angel, sure that none of them would appreciate the humor. He believed those had been Jaric's words, and perhaps the sentiments of many others in the council, and he was glad to be rid of it. He made a mental note to get prepared to be as far from Grorr as possible as fast as he good gather his belongings after this meeting.

However, there was the small matter of still being used. Well, what did it matter, switching one title for another at this point? He held back a deep sigh, taking a drink of water and leaning back against a chair. He had returned just in time for the formalities. Joy of joys. Still, he hoped he could get some measure of amusement out of the next coming moments.~
Back to top Go down
Kharne Serafin

Kharne Serafin

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-26, 06:04

Kharne raised a hand and let it rest lightly on his daughters shoulder, his expression marred only for a moment by a light frown. The faintest shake of his head in answer to her thoughts. He honestly didn't know where Ava had disappeared to. His golden eyes turned to watch those others present guaging their reaction to the news as much as they themselves were probably doing with everyone else.
He watched Amarra for a moment and offered a faint smile in her direction before looking back towards the new queen of Aegis.

(Sorry for my absence folks. I've been just a tad ill these past two weeks, as well as doing a course that might just help me get a job. I have been keeping up on my reading though Smile )
Back to top Go down
http://wrinkly-ninja.deviantart.com/
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-27, 12:11

Maire had simply been observing while Angel talked. There were many people in attendance that she hadnt seen for quite the while. She was warmed to see Rensain hug Amarra, he wasnt usually so comfortable with such displays. She drank a cup of tea and as her attentions were drawn once more to Angel as she spoke she heard her name and the command to come forth.

With a small clink she replaced her teacup on the saucer and stood with a bit of effort though she hid it under a facade of grace. Her body was awkward but she bore under it well. It didnt show but she was truely nervous. She had no idea what to expect though Angels kindness of earlier showed her that the new Queen did not hold her in contempt or had ill will towards her and her husband.

She slid her arm into Rensains as they walked to face the lady. Bowing her head low she murmmered softly "Your majesty...."
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-02-27, 14:04

Rensain had not expected to hear his name so quickly into the speech and it caught him by surprise. He had no way of predicting what she was going to say to him. With an incline of his head in Angel's direction, Rensain acknowledged her request to approach. Turning to her chair, he held out his hand firmly for Maire's support, and as soon as she was standing, he tucked it protectively under his arm.

With his lady wife up and ready, he once again approached the throne with his stance tall and proud. He kept his head held high, his spare hand tucked behind his back. "Your Majesty." was uttered softly, as Maire said the same. His strong and brooding eyes focused and fixed upon Angel's as he took another small bow.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-03-03, 18:05

Angel placed the cool and clear liquid down next to her and rested her hands together, mindful of the expensive dress that she was wearing. She looked down from throne and to the steps, finally, her blue eyes resting upon the couple.

Her tone was serious as she spoke formally, her body turned to Rensain first. "Lord Rensain Caladore, you are hereby appointed Lord Chamberlain, Secretry to the Crown." Then she turned her attentions to Lady Maire. She smiled, her tone softening. "Lady Maire Caladore, I officially invite you to become a Lady of my Court - a Lady in Waiting to myself. As soon as you a healthy and fit enough to do so, of course. Both of you shall have an opportunity to discuss your positions further with me at a later date."

She reached out and indicated for a servant to bring her a list. She looked down for a moment then looked back up at them both. "Thank you, that will be all. Please feel free to talk among the other guests or leave when you are ready."

Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime2012-03-04, 09:16

Rensain smiled and inclined his head towards Angel. "It is with great pleasure that I accept such a title, Your Majesty. I shall do my best to serve the realm as best as I can." He cleared his throat a little, passing a delighted, sideways glance to his Lady Wife.

Taking her hand, he gave it a small, reassuring squeeze. He stood a little taller already, relieved that he wasn't about to be told to give up all his hard work. Hearing that Maire had been accepted equally well into the court, he smiled wide and stayed silent to give her a chance to speak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The New Way - A Meeting of Minds
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next