Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Visting old friends {Grorr Castle}

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

Visting old friends {Grorr Castle} Empty
PostSubject: Visting old friends {Grorr Castle}   Visting old friends {Grorr Castle} Icon_minitime2012-09-09, 21:40

~Jared walked into the Courtyard of Grorr castle, hoping to find some familiar faces. He glanced around for Gillian, and not directly seeing him, he strode into the Main building. Speaking to a nearby guard, he says "Inform the Duke of Grorr.." he paused at that, was Ralean even a Duke anymore? Uncertain, Jared cleared his throat. "If you could inform Ralean Swyftblade that I am here, please?"

The guard nodded and turned away to tend to the task. In the meantime, Jared couldn't help but look around the grand hall. Ah, some great memories were had here. He missed this place.~
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Visting old friends {Grorr Castle}   Visting old friends {Grorr Castle} Icon_minitime2012-09-17, 12:59

~Ral receives word of the summons from the guard as he is sitting at a small desk in the new chambers he had situated for himself. Unsure of the current expectations of him, or security of his role, he had moved himself out of the Duke's chambers and into more spartan accomadations. He had been idling carving a small block of wood, shaving strips of it away with quick, deft strokes of a knife blade. Already it was a half formed image of a woman, nearly six inches tall, and the desk was littered with wood shavings.

As he hears the guard out, he mutters an accord and gestures the man out, taking the time to stand and stretch his frame, grimacing at the tightness in his muscles. He reaches for a flagon of chilled water near at hand, taking a pull from it to clear his head, and turns to the task of strapping on his sword belt. he didn't expec to need it, but it always gave him comfort to have his family blade and shadow dagger close at hand.

Running a hand through his hair, he strides from the room, taking a moment to stop and lock the door.

Entering the grand hall, he breaks into a grin as he sees Jared, extending his arm to clasps his wrist in a warrior's greeting. "it's good to see you, my friend!"~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Visting old friends {Grorr Castle}   Visting old friends {Grorr Castle} Icon_minitime2012-11-04, 19:28

~~Gil steps into the main hall from another side, and breaks into a grin. "Oy, didn't think to invite me to the reunion, eh?" He is dressed as if he were back in nexus, muted earth tone colors with leather, and a variety of small weapons on his person, a battle axe across his back.

he glances down, and shrugs. "Ignore the attire, I was simply...out and about, you could say. Leading some of the new scouts on a Snipe hunt, if you will. In a day or two, I'll probably have to go find them." he chuckles, a low rumble, and straightens his six-and-a-half foot frame. "So, what kind of adventure are we planning?"~~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Visting old friends {Grorr Castle}   Visting old friends {Grorr Castle} Icon_minitime2013-01-11, 22:50

~Whilst he awaited Ralean, Jared looked around the grand room. He rocked back on forth on his leather boots, his hands clasped comfortably behind him. The silence of the room allowed him to stray into his own private thoughts - that were interupted by the Duke's arrival.

Jared grinned, striding towards Ralean and meeting him with equal enthusiasm. "Ral! Good to see you, man!" He clasped Ralean in a friendly fashion and patted his shoulder. "Yeah..its been a while."

He laughed, spotting another familiar face as he turned around. "Hey, Gil! Long time no see! You've both have been busy, No doubt. Its great to see you, I won't take too much of your time. To get to the point...I need a job. Vladamir froze all my assets and Amarra is...er..having a little Jared."~
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Visting old friends {Grorr Castle}   Visting old friends {Grorr Castle} Icon_minitime2013-01-11, 23:02

~Ral grins broadly. It seemed like ages since the three of them had been in the same room in any state of peace. He nodded to jared as he spoke, and smiled pleasantly. "Well, it just so happens that for the nonce I have yet to be dismissed, removed, or otherwise taken away from my lavish surroundings." He chuckles, gesturing for everyone to sit and gesturing forth a servant to bring food and drink.

"What type of work are you looking for?" he gives a teasing grin. "Or, importantly, what are you qualified for?"~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Visting old friends {Grorr Castle}   Visting old friends {Grorr Castle} Icon_minitime2013-01-11, 23:20

~~Gil steps over, taking a tray of food from a passing serving girl with a smile and wink in her direction as he sets it on the table near them all, clapping one large hand on jared's shoulder heartily. "Again, congratulations on that my friend!" He settles his large frame into a chair, listening to Ral, and chuckles. "Well, he can bloody well have my job if he wants it. I'm sick of cleaning up all of your messes."

He sympathized though, with Jared. Such a suddenuprooting, AND a child on the way? He shook his head a bit, gesturing Jared to sit as well. "What did you have in mind?"~~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Visting old friends {Grorr Castle}   Visting old friends {Grorr Castle} Icon_minitime2013-01-11, 23:56

~Jared grinned. The Grorr Castle had felt more his home than anywhere else. Leaving it all behind hadn't been easy, but yet he felt ready for the change. It was good to be in the company of old friends, yet even he felt that this situation was a tad on the surreal side. Clearing his throat and growing a little more serious, his smile remained. A half shrug accompanied the answer to Ral's question with the reply of "You should know, old friend. You practically trained me."

He gave Ralean a nudge, adding. "I did have some thoughts...I happen to know all the taverns in every city. I could be an information gatherer of sorts. You already know I'm good with the sword, I can handle myself. Or even better, I could help you find chicks - a wing man of sorts. Wait, that IS Gil's job."

Laughing he nods at Gil "Aye, a child on the way. Thats right..never thought I'd ever believe it. She's happy though."

Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Visting old friends {Grorr Castle}   Visting old friends {Grorr Castle} Icon_minitime2013-01-12, 00:10

~Ral grins. "Well, it just so happens I have a few things in mind. One of those, is that you feel free to take rooms here, at some expense to the court. If you have any attacks of conscience of pride, then we can name you asa captain of the guard and you can walk walls, and do drills. Or, you can come in as an advisor and steward to the city, essentially splitting the work between yourself and Giligian. I have Dwarven envoys to be treated with, advisors to meet with for taxation, and safety, military officers to prepare, and a castle to maintain. With your contacts among all classes among the cities, any relevant information is welcome as wel.." he chuckles, taking aglass of water from the tray set on the table.

"At the very least, you can keep this one out of trouble. I've also been thinking about taking some of the soldeirs and creating a group with very specialized skills. Taking soldeirs, and...well, giving Aegis something akin to the Auroran Watch or Nexan Border Guard. You'd be an asset to their training." he leans back, sipping his water, and chuckles. "granted, if you're desperate, you could always muck stables and saddle horses. less fun, but much safer for an expectant father."~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Visting old friends {Grorr Castle}   Visting old friends {Grorr Castle} Icon_minitime2013-01-12, 00:41

~~Gil shoots a look to Ral with a smirk. "Aye, that IS my job, and that's you can have it. I'm beginning to think he's forgotten what to do with a woman. I'm just a soldier, I can't work miracles." He lifts a bottle of brandy and pours two glasses, handing one to Jared and taking a long drink as Ral speaks.

"Seems to me you've got your options. I'm just not sure where on your armor we'll have room for a baby carrier."~~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Visting old friends {Grorr Castle}   Visting old friends {Grorr Castle} Icon_minitime2013-01-12, 23:19

~Leans forward and takes one of the glasses of brandy from Gil, clinking his glass with Gils, then Raleans. As he listened to Raleans suggestion, he took a quick gulp.~

"I'd love to stay here, I'm not sure if you could both put up with Amarra and a baby. She will no doubt want to be in a home of her own. We were thinking about buying a house in Draco but I hadn't gotten that far. I have to have some wages first. Thanks for your offer, Ralean. I wouldn't mind being a Captain of the guard, I know I can do that easily enough. Place me where you think it is best. As for working in the stables, friend, I've woken and sobered up in a fair few and given how they stink I'd rather not spend more time in them than I have to."

~He laughed and looked at Gil~

"You're right, Gil. You're a shit wing man. Last time he tried to run off with a bar wench she turned out to be a married Queen! I think I can do better - I'll find a woman for him, you'll see. Amarra MUST have some reputable friends somewhere. As for the baby carrier, bring it on. I look good regardless, and women love nothing more than seeing a man with a baby."
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Visting old friends {Grorr Castle}   Visting old friends {Grorr Castle} Icon_minitime2013-01-13, 13:54

~Ral smiles, shrugging. "I understand quite well, but in the meantime, you're always welcome to stay. All of you. the castle is large enough, and you can choose any of the empty rooms. It lacks the luxury and beauty of the other castles, true, but it is warm, and dry, and well-stocked." he gestures. "A guard position would suit you, but perhaps you'd be better off in the employ of the crown, so as to not step on the toes of my senior guardsmen."~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Visting old friends {Grorr Castle}   Visting old friends {Grorr Castle} Icon_minitime2013-01-15, 17:12

~~Gil grins, nudging jared with an elbow. "Aye, but its a far step up from the hags I've seen your arms around in taverns. Makes me wonder if you're blind half the time. I've seen orcs with prettier faces. Aye, and better smells too." he chuckles. "Besides, snce when does a man like Ralean need a reputable woman? We can't all be boring homebodies such as yourself."

He takes another big swig, emptying his glass and refilling it. "Seems to me that you're a bit hooked to be talking about other women. She already reeled you in, such as it is. And though there may be plenty more fish in the sea, you've been landed. Aye, and close to gutted, it seems." His tone is teasing as he takes another gulp of brandy. "You're a regular husband now, friend. It's all soiled babies and growing fat for you now."~~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Visting old friends {Grorr Castle}   Visting old friends {Grorr Castle} Icon_minitime2013-01-15, 20:47

~Raises his glass to Ralean as he welcomes Jared and his new family to stay at the Castle. Grinning, he nodded. "I'll not say no to the idea...but I know Amarra would no doubt like to be consulted on the matter, so I must go back to her in Meriddia at least and make sure for certain that she is all for the idea. I shall return to you with an answer, I promise."

Confidently, Jared takes a swig of the brandy, swishing his glass around. He almost chokes on it as Gil begins to speak and he has to swig it down really fast before he couldn't hold it anymore. With a final gulp of the brandy, he begins to laugh and then louder again until there are nearly tears in his eyes and his stomach is aching.

"Gil, seriously mate..I can't..breathe.." Putting the glass down he begins to speak in jest. "Those 'Hags' always prefer a prince like ME before they decide to like you. It seems you're always last to find a woman - it is YOU who stinks, my friend. If I am blind, then you must be too. Its a shame you are both better at attracting dragons than a fine piece of meat." But he could barely think through the laughter, his hand coming to his forehead to rub his temples.

"I'm lucky, I have a beautiful woman who...well..puts up with me for longer than a night. Thats something to treasure, you'll see when you grow up to be men. Its not all bad being a...homebody...its just a change of duties. Gil, the way you 'baby' Ralean as you look after him and have his back all the time, you might as well be changing his soiled nappy. Perhaps if you both stay with each other until you're old and grey, you might find yourself doing it more often. No, I'll not be his wet nurse as you have been. I shall do better - right after another brandy and some food. The travel was long, and I was too broke to stop and eat at a tavern on the way through."
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Visting old friends {Grorr Castle}   Visting old friends {Grorr Castle} Icon_minitime2013-01-15, 21:05

~Ral grins, waving away their talk with a hand. "You'll remember, Jared, that Gil and I have been bedding beautiful women and killing dangerous men while you were still IN soiled nappies. And as I recall, the tall oaf has more luck with the pretty peasant girls and dangerous wanderers than either of us..though we tend to keep more money. And I do recall the one wench that tried to kill you before she robbed you..." he lifts a brow at Gil with a smirk.

"Still, I'd rather attract dragons than needy women, and the settled life is...unappealing now." his smile falters a bit, an image of paige flashing through his head, and he covers it with a drink of water. He hadn't the stomach for it, still waking in a cold sweat some days. Her ring was still around his neck on a chain, and...

No, some things were best left buried for the moment.

His smile flashes back, and he gestures the food in. "Aye, eat well. Get your strength. No doubt you'll need it soon enough." he chuckles. "Aye, I wouldn't ask hyou to make a decision without her permission. I know well that once a man is spoken for, he is a serf to his heart and her whims."~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Visting old friends {Grorr Castle}   Visting old friends {Grorr Castle} Icon_minitime2013-01-18, 20:50

"Thats right, you and Gil have been bedding beautiful women for longer than I have been alive. For a moment there, I had actually forgotten how old you both already were." He smirked, enjoying the jest between old friends.

A servant arrived with some fruit on a tray, and Jared gratefully reached out and took an apple. He spent some time nawing on it as he listened to Ral and Gil. After another drink and an order of Ale, Jared continued, shifting in his seat.

"Why don't you combine the two, Ralean? Attract needy Dragons - like, maybe, Kharne?" He burst out laughing a little wondering where the dragon was. Salarain, perhaps. Jared made note to go and see him. In the meantime he focused on the conversation at hand.

"It's true, I like to keep her happy. I just want to see you happy too, okay, Ral? Now..enough of that talk. Tell me, how have things been here? Have I missed anything interesting?"
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Visting old friends {Grorr Castle}   Visting old friends {Grorr Castle} Icon_minitime2013-01-18, 21:16

~Ral grins. "Things here are boring. I tell people what to do, and they do it. I watch men post guards, I practice with my blades and bow. Sometimes I disappear on business. that is, I go to the dwarves in the mountains to drink and fight and hunt. Gil and I have hunted some few outlaws. nothing too serious, all rather boring." He heaves a theatric sigh, chuckling. "I miss the song of swords, my friend. I miss the hard life. The mountains and tundra. Fighting dragons and monsters. The hunting of men and monsters...one grows so bored with hunting anything else, I dare say."

He laughs. "I don't suppose you've heard of the the Auroran King's Hunter? That's all he's know as, really, although he does have a name." He smiles at the memories. "Deadliest archer i've ever seen, and the best tracker too. And he moves like a shadow. We used to hunt dangerous creatures, and dangerous men, for Jaric. I've seen him pierce the eye of a snow hawk in flight, and sneak upon rabbits and catch them with his bare hands." He laughs. "Aye, and we were in a fair bit of fights and battles. He taught me to travel through any terrain silently. To hunt, and survive." he looks hard at his water glass. "I wish you could have seen Nexus, my friend."~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Visting old friends {Grorr Castle}   Visting old friends {Grorr Castle} Icon_minitime2013-01-22, 00:25

~Jared kept biting into the apple as Ralean talked. "At least boring means peaceful. I know you find it too content, but I see it as a god send. When Aegis turns to chaos, it REALLY turns to chaos. Bordom might be painful, but not half as painful as war." He took a sip of his water. "But still, seems you've got yourself entertained enough - with the dwarves and outlaws, not women."

Placing the core of the apple down where it can be easily taken and thrown away, he reaches out for the tankard of ale and gulps it down with haste. He frowns at what Ralean says. "The King's hunter...hmm...let me think." With a deeper frown, and his hand coming up to his forehead, he laughs. "Ah! Yes! I know...the guy with the strange badger who was there that time when Angel came and found us all in Everest Forest! He shot an arrow a little too close for comfort if my memory serves."~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Visting old friends {Grorr Castle}   Visting old friends {Grorr Castle} Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Visting old friends {Grorr Castle}
Page 1 of 1