Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Early Morning in Meriddia

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

Early Morning in Meriddia Empty
PostSubject: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 20:59

~He awoke moments before dawn, stretching his arms as he knocked into something in the bed next to him. He smiled to himself and got up, moving to the wash stand to clean himself. The suns early rays started to enter the window and he shielded the light from his eyes. His left eye was having trouble opening, and his ribs were hurting. He looked down. Hmmm. There was a bruise starting to form on his side. He started to wash his face and felt the pain of his eye. He didn't wince or make any outward signs of pain.~

~He reached for the mirror that was nearby and looked at himself. Oh yeah, there we go. His eye was swollen closed, and black and blue blotches were already starting to form. Damn Elves. Give them an inch, they take a mile.~

~He finished cleaning himself and started to dress. He was very quiet, despite his size. Usually he wasn't around in the morning having left once they fall asleep. He picked up his sword belt and silently cursed as it made a rattle.~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 21:07

~she slowly woke up as she scretched she was sore.~

"Good morning. trying to sneak away are you?" ~she wrapped the sheet around her and got up as she glanced at her arms. seeing a few bruises.~

~she walked over to him and kissed him~

~ then noticed her hair was all over the place she picked up her pants and found her ripped to shreds shirt and she chuckled. she went over to her bag and pulled out a new shirt a teal colored long sleeve poets shirt. and slid it on after dropping the sheet. as she slid on her trousers. and ran a hand thru her hair and pulled it back into a ponytail. Then looked in the mirror and saw a few marks on her neck. she chuckled and shook her head~
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 21:11

~He wondered how the hell women could get ready so fast. He had his appearance to think of; this couldn't be rushed.~

"No, not running away. If I was, I'd have been long gone by now. I just wanted to get an early start without waking you."

~He picked up his clothes, one by one, checking them to make sure they were all intact. A few buttons missing on his shirt, he could cover that up by doing his coat up.~

~He then turned around to gace her, still unable to open his eye.~

"Wait till they hear how I got this..."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 21:17

The sun caught his eyes as he slept soundly, but forced him to wake up. he sat up, rubbing his eyes, feeling refreshed yet stiff after lying ont he ground all night. He looked around for Indis, knowing - hoping - she would be close at hand.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 21:47

~she made a face~

"Sorry about that. But thanks for being there for me it meant a lot."

~she pulled herself together.~

"I will set up that spar I promise. and I will not get in the way."

~she smiled softly at him~
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 21:52

~He turned back to his clothing, going through a pocket in his coat and getting something before he looked back up.~

"In return for being there for you, I want you to go along with whatever story you hear about this."

~He pointed to his swollen eye with a small green and white striped stick thing, which he then started to unwrap from a clear wrapping~

"I'll be going back to Grorr, if my horse is well enough. Tell him to come find me there when he's man enough to face me."

~While he was talking he'd taken the wrapper off the stick. He had a very slight growl in his voice, then once he stopped talking he placed the striped stick in the corner of his mouth, over half the length of it sticking out.~

Last edited by Tiberious Farstrider on 2010-10-02, 21:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 21:53

~she wasn't too far from art. she moved away cause it had got cold. she smiled as she turned to see him away.~

"Good morning my husband."

~she still looked like her old self blue poets shirt brown leather pants leather boots.~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 21:56

~she nodded~

"Yes I will I give you my word."

~she grinned~

"what favor is that one." ~she had seen those in a shop before.~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 21:59

Artimus slowly got up, stretching and picked up his belt. He walked over to give his wife a kiss, then turned to look towards the city.

Is it too early to wake Jade? Chances are she's all alone there now.

He started to walk towards the road leading to the city.
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 22:03

"Lime. I think. I get them from Draco, the cook there makes them and sends me some every now and then. Thought he only seems to send me lemon or lime ones...."

~He smiled, the stick still sticking out his mouth as it would for the next few hours. Most people bit them and ate them quickly, but not him. He could make them last for hours just by sucking on it gently.~

"It's Arianna's fault. She got me to try them while I was looking after her, and I soon became addicted. Don't try them, you'll never be able to leave them alone."

~He smiled slightly at the memory of having to babysit the 4 year old spawn of a vampire and a dragon. He must go see her again soon, check she's alright.~

((OOC: Anyone who wants a trip down memory Lane (or hasn't seen it before), Here is the original thread where Tib's love of candy comes from. ))

Last edited by Tiberious Farstrider on 2010-10-02, 22:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 22:04

~she followed him~

"It would be fine to go get her I would think."

~she caught up to him and held his hand as they walked~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 22:08

~she smiled~

"I have had the strawberry ones they are quite good."

~she looked at him not sure how to say good bye.~

"It was nice to see you again. and thank you for everything." ~she leaned up and kissed his cheek. She wanted to say so much more but thought not to..she just smiled softly.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 22:17

He walked back, hand in hand with his wife.

Well you just remember when we wake her up early and she complains that it's only just daylight and she's only had a few hours sleep.

As they walked through the gates, he looked over to the stables and spotted Azure, and another familiar horse.

He's still in the city.
He fell silent as he continued to walk, clearly thinking about something.

There are five taverns in this city that he'd consider staying in. Two of them are on the far outskirts, the other three are near the market. Now... which way did they approach from last night? Yes.. that'll narrow it down to two. My guess is he left Jade in the one and went to got a room at one of the other two.

He made a turn just before the marketplace and started heading towards the first tavern on his list.
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 22:21

~He gave her a smile~

"This is why I don't hang around. The goodbyes are just too awkward. Now, I still owe you a spar, and one with your dad, so I know I'll be seeing you again real soon."

~He finished dressing and started putting his belt on~

"Besides, you know where I'll be when you need a human punchbag again."

~There was a slight slurping noise as he spoke, the stick moving in his mouth but never leaving even as he opened his mouth. It was if he was an expert at keeping it in place.~

"So long Jade. It was.. fun."

~he opened the door.~
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 22:23

~she nodded and followed him he knew tib well enough to know where he would go she just kept watch and walking with him.~

Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 22:29

~she nodded and smiled not that she would know that being that he was her first but she liked how they worked together.~

"Yes I know where to find you and if I want to tick father off I know how to." ~ she chuckled~

~she grabbed her bag and followed him out.~

"They are going to be looking for me soon so I will just go find them. Yes it was fun. See you soon Tib." ~yes it was fun and amazing and mind blowing and she sighed thinking about it. and walked over to the bar for a quick shot.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 22:36

He rounded a corner and spotted the first Tavern on the list. The second possibility was just a little further along this street, then a left turn. He knew they came from this street, so they had to be in one of these two. Of course nothing said they went back to the same one, and he admitted to himself that he didn't see which way they went when they left.

He went to open the door of the tavern, but it was opened before he got there.
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 22:41

~He walked out, not looking back at her. His back was straight, his coat fastened up to avoid showing off the unkempt shirt underneath. He walked over and opened the door to the tavern, almost walking into the man about to walk in. He was on the point of telling the man - who must clearly be a drunkard to need to visit a tavern this early in the morning - just what he thought of him, when he looked at him.
That short crop of blonde hair, slightly longer at the back, that stupid-looking beard, the clothes that looked like he'd been sleeping rough. He scowled at the man, hand not going to his sword yet.~

"Hello again Artimus. It's a new day."

~He was sure Artimus would catch him meaning, if he'd spoken to his wife.~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 22:47

~she glanced to the door. as she downed the whiskey. and then paid the barkeep. and walked towards the door.~

"Hey Dad. Are we ready to head out?" ~she grabbed her father and pulled him back outside. Keep him away from Tib.~
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 22:48

~she put the brakes on just short of the door and kinda spun around and stood off to the side.~

"Whoa.."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 22:53

Artimus glared up at Tiberious, standing there with that stupid childs sweet in his mouth. He was just about to make a witty remark when he was pulled inside by Jade, letting go of Indy's hand as he was moved out of the way.

Oh, he understood the comment Tiberious had made; understood it perfectly.

He glanced round to see Jade already drinking. Dammit, what was with her and whiskey? He let go of her and moved around her, to put her between the pair of them. Not that he wanted to use her as a shield. It was just easier to see her and Tiberious at the same time. Oh, and to avoid having a knife stuck in his back.

Well, I found the right tavern at least. he smiled at Jade, although his eyes were on Tiberious.
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 22:57

~He wanted to punch that stupid face in, but Jade moved him out of the way before he had chance to. He turned and watched Artimus and his daughter, noting the way Artimus put a barrier between them both. Was he using her a shield because he knew he wouldn't hurt her? More likely he didn't trust him.~

"You found something. Congratulations - Captain - You're getting better. Shame you couldn't find the things you needed to find. The important things. Like the people who were trying to kill the Queen..."

~His lip curled up in a slightly sneery smile, the candy stick still holding in place as if it dared not fall out.~
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 23:05

~she looked at tib and jade~

"Ok that is enough you two. We don't need a repeat of yesterday again. Tib it was nice seeing you again now please if you will continue on your way."

"Art love we have alot to get done before the day gets away from us." ~she moved her eyes between art and tib.~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-02, 23:08

~she was just waiting for her father to make a crack about the black eye tib was sporting she was greatful for the long sleeved shirt and pants she had on it covered them up and only the few on her neck were showing.~

~she didn't want this not now.~

~ml~ Dad please just let him go. Their will be another time for this.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 06:37

Artimus could feel a small bit of that fire returning as Tiberious brought up some of his past failures, but held it back as Jade spoke to him in his head. He flicked his eyes to her and nodded, to let her know he understood..

He kept his eyes on Tiberious, but didn't rise to his baiting. Indis was right - as was Jade - they didn't need this. And Jade did look unharmed. Tiberious on the other hand... that eye looked painful.

He took a risk, and turned his eyes away from Tiberious.

You had a good nights sleep? he asked Jade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Early Morning in Meriddia
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next