Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Early Morning in Meriddia

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 19:36

Artimus grinned at his wife as she said she slapped him, then looked between her and Jade.

Well the first thing we need to do is get Azure, and a horse for you he looked at Jade
Unless your new friend left one for you. Then, we can get out of here and go make some new friends...

He still wasn't sure this was the best course of action, but he knew they would be safe.
He started walking with them back towards the stables, his mind working.

Jade he spoke casually I'm going to ask you a question, and I want an honest and truthful answer. I won't be mad with any answer you give, I just need to know. He took a deep breath before asking.
Are you going to tell Tiberious where we're going?
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 20:00

~she looked at her father~
"Why would you think he did that...I don't think he would have left me horse." ~honestly if he would have she would be floored by it.~

~When he asked if she told. she looked at him and answered him honestly~

"I thought about it. But he actually said not to. That I knew where to find him. that way if his brother came asking he wouldn't know."

~she walked with her parents as the went to the stables.~
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 20:04

~she looked at art.~

"Love. It will make things easier if I go back to the library. I want to gather a few things from there. So if you would. Let me go back and call me when you need me. It will make it easier on the horses."

~honestly she needed a little time to think and gather a couple of things.~
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 20:06

((OOC: No, I didn't leave my horse! A ripped shirt is NOT worth a horse! Razz ))
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 20:10

Artimus listened to her (Jade), deep in thought about what Tiberious had said. That didn't seem like him either.

That's odd. Usually he would use any means at his disposal to find out information. Even torture, although he didn't say that bit out loud.

Then he looked over at Indis when she asked to be returned. He frowned. She had never been asked to be put back in the box.

You sure? obviously sure, because otherwise she wouldn't have said it. He put his hand on the pendant.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 20:13

"Am sure. I just need some time." ~she smiled softly and kissed art~

Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 20:16

~she shrugged~

"Like I said he is different when we are alone."

~ml~ I need to talk to you once mother is not around.

~she walked into the stable and smiled when she saw azure.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 20:23

He glanced over at Jade, then back to Indis.

I'll call you when we get... somewhere... and then, grugingly, wished her away.

He walked over to the stableman and sorted Azure out, then paid to borrow a horse for Jade.

He mounted and checked Jade was comfortable, then walked the horse through the gate, and onto the road towards Grorr.

We're not going to Grorr he said, guessing she might think they were going back towards... him. We'll be cutting off the road soon and heading south eastwards. It's going to be a long ride, we might not make it before sunset. So, what did you have to tell me?

he really hoped she didn't want to explain the bruises and marks - He knew how things got when people lost control of their emotions. Hell, he had a large burn scar down his spine as a permanent reminder.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 20:30

~she got on her horse as her mother disappeared.~

"Well I owe Tib a spar... and he was talking about wanting to kill you. but how he wasn't sure he wanted to cause it would hurt me...But I had asked him what about a spar. between you two. So you both could get things out of your system. I would be there. it would be just the three of us but I would be watching."

~she looked over at her father.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 20:37

Artimus fell silent as they rode, clearly thinking things through. Finally he spoke.

And you didn't want your mother to know about this? he wasn't happy at keeping secrets from her any more, but if it helped clear the air...

We usually sparred until someone drew first blood. He looked straight at her, face serious. If I do this, I'm going to be going in right handed. I know he won't hold back, it'll be over in moments at first blood and neither of us will be satisfied. We'll need to change the rules.

He fell silent again, thinking things through.

Your suggesting we go, today. Now?
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 20:44

~she looked at him~

"It would be maybe the best time since mom seems distracted." ~she looked at the road then over to her father again.~

"I think its the one way for you two to get things out of your systems. and get it all out. "

~she took a deep breath~

"I hope you understand why am ask this of you. And not hate me for asking." ~she looked down at the road again.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 20:49

He continued in silence for a short while.

It's not that I'm scared of him. Just that I'm wary. You said that last night he made a promise not to kill me at that meeting. That to me proves he still wants to kill me. Now you're suggesting I stand toe-to-toe with him, and offer to fight him? One wrong move and he could have me on the floor, and cut in half. He looked at her, an odd look on his face. It almost was the look of fear.
I don't know if I can do that, Jade. I really don't.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 21:01

~she looked at him~

"You think I would let him kill you? He wants me to stay out of it. But I will not let him kill you. If it came down to it....I would do everything in my power to stop him....even if I...

~she looked away. she fell silent .~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 21:11

He looked over at her, a smile on his face.

Even if you, what? He was happy she would go to such lengths for him, there must be some of that Morningstar sense-of-honour in her. He also had an idea about a new way of doing this spar.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 21:15

"even if it came to me having to kill him..."

~she didn't even want to think about that.~

"If I had to do that...it be the hardest thing I would ever do..." ~she looked away and started to cry alittle at the thought.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 21:20

Artimus reached over and stroked her, reassuringly.

And that, is what makes you my daughter. Sometimes we have to make the hard decision, and it's not one you want to make. But you realise you have to do it. I promise youthis though, it won't come to that. I'm going to propose something to him. If he accepts, then neither of us will be killed. If he doesn't, then i won't fight him. But I won't make you kill him in retaliation. I promise.

He had that look on his face, the one Indis knew well. The one which meant "It's ok, I have an idea."

When we get there, I think it might be easier for you to go alone and see him, to give him my proposal. I want to fight until one of us yields. That's how I know I'll be leaving there alive. I might be minus a leg or arm, but I'll be alive.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 21:40

~she nodded~

"I can do that. Then I can mindlink you to come if he agrees."

"well its only a minus a leg or arm you have a spare one." ~she half smiled.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 21:42

Artimus smiled in reply, noting her half-smile.

Hey, what's up? He had a sneaking suspicion he knew.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 21:44

~she chuckled alittle~
"Oh nevermind."

"So then off to Grorr?"
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 21:50

He nodded in agreement.

Yes, before your mother decides she wants to join us and knocks some sense into us both he grinned and kept on the path to Grorr. They could still get from Grorr to the location he wanted them to go to. If he was still in one piece.

So, you take him my proposition. Fight until on of us yields. And no retaliation from the winner. We both agree to leave and not get ambushed by the other. Now, if the worst happens and I am seriously injured, take me back to the cave. We've still got some food there so I can recover, and as long as he gives his word not to follow then i know I'll be safe while I recover. You know how to call your mother, don't you?

Already he was running through the worst case scenario, making plans in case it all went wrong.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 22:00

~she nods~

"Maybe i should hold on to moms pendent during so you don't call her by accident. I think he will honor it. I really do. We could always tell mom that some thugs got the jump on us... I don't like lying to her but its for her own good I think."

~she looked to him~

"Dad you know I have your back. and will do anything for you. So no matter what happens.. I will take care of you."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 22:14

He smiled at her yet again.

I know you do. And that's good thinking about the pendant. Just promise me... He paused for a moment. Nah, forget it. I was going to say "Promise me no mages", but I know you can't limit yourself to that one, so I'll just remind you again. I don't like Mages.

He was sure she understood what he was saying. If his life depended on it then take him to a mage. otherwise just let him heal naturally.
He did think it rather ironic, how he hated mages for what they did, but embraced their powers for his own use. And had loved one of them.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 22:27

~she nodded~

"I don't care for them myself. But that was moms doing bring you to them."

~she stay kinda of quiet the rest of the way to grorr.~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-03, 22:31

He nodded, wondering why she also disliked them. Was it something she picked up from him, he wondered. But now wasn't the time to ask.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning in Meriddia   Early Morning in Meriddia - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Early Morning in Meriddia
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3